on 10 February 2013
For the price you really get an awesome product.
The huge zoom lens with a smooth barrel combined with a quick acting AF and levelling tool, just some of the features I have used to great extent. I used to be dreadful at getting horizons level in the picture, now I have no problems.
Combined with a 16GB card I am able to take 29m of full HD recording. By the way the video produced is comparable with many high end consumer digital video cameras.
The image quality, second to none. The only drawback, doesn't always meter the sky correctly and it can struggle in low light. I used this camera in very low light settings, a candlelit wedding to be exact. As the photographer for the event, I was amazed at how some of the photos turned out.
Why spend all the money on an expensive DSLR and all the lenses, when Fujifilm have cornered the market with this incredibly well valued alternative.
on 30 March 2013
This camera is amazing - talk about 10 pounds in a 9 pound tin !! Still finding out all its capabilities, but sharp pic.s, versatile functions, good rechargeable battery life, and fantastic manual zoom. But, the case that is part of this deal is too small. Cramming the camera in makes it unuseable as it is a fiddle to get in and out and leaves no room for accessories. Shame, so had to spend more money on a bigger case. So, overall, great camera & memory card but wrong case.
on 5 February 2013
By some distance the highest performing big zoom or bridge camera in a non SLR format. Sub £300 for what costs over £1k in SLR. Particularly good is the manual (not electromechanical) zoom for greater control and feel and the SLR matching ISO for low light.
on 5 August 2013
Pros:
- high quality shots
- incredible zoom
- amazing tilt screen
- loads of functions
- manual zoom
- 11 fps, excellent
- easy to carry, smaller than most DSLR
- no need for extra lenses
- excellent macro
- perfect grip
- good battery 500 to 600 shots depending on conditions
- video is very detailed

Cons:
- Fuji has now their own battery, I preferred the old style where you can use AA batteries. If the batteries were gone I could always by another somewhere in a shop.
on 9 January 2013
Camera was update on my husbands previous one, really pleased with results. Case was not as expected does not like it and looking for alternative,memory card great lots of pictures already on it.
on 9 January 2013
This was bought as a Christmas present for my partner, and she loves it. Whereas I can't get interested in anything beyond "point and shoot" my partner was finding her photography limited by these constraints, so a bridge camera seemed the logical step. This got very good reviews, only negative seemed to be video sound quality??? I think I'll use a video camera for video, so don't even class that as relevant.
First impressions are great, first photos are very good, would recommend this as you can just point and shoot too!
on 4 March 2015
Although the dedicated battery is a good idea, I would have preferred to have the option of AA batteries for use in an emergency.
on 16 March 2013
overall a good buy. it has lots of features, however sometimes the pictures are very shaky and blurred. it is very sturdy and the overall package was good value
on 8 July 2013
Unfortunately the On Off switch did not work so I had to send it back when I got back from holiday.
on 20 March 2013
An easy to use camera. The carry case supplied I found to be a little too small, a tight fit for the size of camera.