on 8 July 2014
read this because I used to be a rep in the 1990s and I was shocked to find out that the author claims to have repped in Lanzarote the same season I was there. Is this his real name, I wonder, because repping is a very small world on a small island and I don't remember him.... For those reviewers who were expecting more sex and confessions I want to say that I think this is a very true to life representation - you're mainly working crazy long hours with little extra time for anything else! Enjoyable read and a great trip down memory lane. The one thing I found a little strange was the author's obsession with giving everyone's exact height when describing them. If you want filth, then read the much less accurate 'Is Harry On The Boat'.
I'm 5 ft 5, by the way.
on 3 September 2013
Took this book on holiday on Kindle. Read the first few chapters and didn't laugh at all at it. Every time it looked like it might get interesting or funny it just petered out. I had better books to read so i deleted the book from my Kindle. Wouldn't bother with it. To call it hilarious is way off
on 19 August 2013
It was a 99p Kindle download book, just something to add between reading 'proper' books I suppose, and as a bit of fluff, it was worth 99p. Overall pretty badly written, with plenty of typos, and not nearly as salacious as you'd expect for something dubbed 'confessions'.
on 2 January 2014
You would think that a book with this title would have you splitting your sides with laughter and imagining a life full of sexual escapades. OK, it could have been that way if a film company had got hold of it in the style of the Carry On films but it just doesn't come out so appealing in book form. Purchased in Kindle form it was at the lower end of the price scale but I wouldn't have liked to have paid the original price for it.
on 12 March 2013
A harmless enough read, but I'm sure no reps are actually this dull. The author almost made his job sound boring!
on 6 June 2013
I read this on holiday. It's an OK read . Nothing too taxing. The sort of book you can pick up and put down .
on 16 April 2013
Contrary to other reviews, I enjoyed this and whizzed through it in no time. I purchased this book with the aim of finding out more about the work of a rep and in that respect it certainly answered those questions. Written mainly in a very light-hearted way, but I thought that the author covered the 1999 aircraft crash really well - it was good to get an insiders view. A good read - recommended.
on 20 November 2013
I was really excited at the thought of reading this book, with all the naughtiness of the life promised to a holiday rep. However what I actually got was a travel guide for the nineties which to all extents and purposes was really dated. I really wanted to put this book down ready to start the next but I stuck with it right to the bitter end, would I read it again............ NO.
on 9 February 2015
Really enjoyed this! A fairly brisk read that was very enjoyable. Very humerus to discover that I'd actually been to more than a couple of the places that the author had been a rep at! Very much recommended if you're looking for a quick read to pass the time on a journey or simply looking for an easy-going, light-hearted book.
on 21 January 2016
I used to be a holiday rep and was expecting wild stories about the authors time as a holiday rep but all things considered it was a pretty tame tale and quite boring in parts. I much prefer the fiction works about holiday reps than this. Also as the author was a rep a long time ago much has probably changed since then