on 16 August 2013
Felt the need to give a review on this. I searched for ages to try to decide on which one to try and after receiving this one I feel a little confused about previous reviews. So in short my points are:
1) Can't see a problem with the fit of either phone or the extra battery I bought to go in the back slot as a spare. They both fit perfectly snug, no wobble. They both slide cleanly into position.
2) Quality seems good especially for the price shiny clean lined design. Sturdy enough not to rock or tip over but not so bulky I will hesitate to pack it when I travel which I do regularly.
3) Charge time seems to be an issue for some. I received this at lunchtime., within minutes it was out if wrapper and plugged in as my phone was flat. It was charged in the usual time in my opinion there seemed no delay. I later plugged the spare battery into the rear slot and that has charged too. Its now tea time and both are in use. I swapped the batteries so I could watch the charge time of each. I am no expert in batteries but I think I am right in saying that the faster the charge rate the poorer the quality if charge. So if your always in a rush you might like to consider the cost effective use of charge time. However, I did not see a delay on this dock.
Finnally my phone now sits by my bed at a good angle for viewing and touching without having to scrabble to pick up the phone to see it with wire attached. I can easily touch the screen and it's neat and tidy.
I will be buying one for my other half this Christmas. Hope this helps.
on 21 October 2012
I have only used it for charging phone as I don't yet have a second battery and did not purchase for the spare battery scenario. It works ok for what it is but charges very slowly. Starting with a battery capacity (in phone) of 30-35%, an all night charge 8+hrs increases the capacity to anywhere between 57-83%. The original charger that came with phone would charge the phone to 100% capacity in well under half that time easily. I guess sometimes you get what you pay for.
55 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 September 2012
I ordered this dock Sunday evening and it was with me on the Wednesday morning, a very prompt service with nothing to complain about.

The dock itself is very sleek looking and feels very sturdy. It worked straight away and charged both my phone and spare battery simultaneously. There is also a spare micro USB port on the back which allows you to charge an additional device as well, had I known this I would have ordered a double ended micro USB cable for my kindle.

Unfortunately I have had to return this product because the extended battery that I am using prevents the device from being able to dock. However, this does not mean that this product deserves less than 5*, it is just something to be aware of before buying.
on 20 September 2013
I love this because I have 2 batteries for my phone so I can charge the phone and spare battery at the same time works a treat but a bit slower at charging the phone when charging the spare battery at the same time would recommend this what ever it's a good product
on 1 April 2014
Bought this on the off chance it would fix an issue with my S3. Guess what.. Issue resolved with this gadget. Not only does this dock now charge my S3 I also have a second battery I can take with me should I get caught low on power. Charges from any usb port. Phone sits snug into the docking port allowing your new spare battery to sit towards the rear also charging.

I would recommend this product to anyone with a Galaxy S3 that no longer charges from the standard charger. The product saved me £200 from my mobile supplier for a new phone. Money well spent.
on 16 December 2013
Ordered this Charger when my Samsung GS3 started to experience difficulty in charging. With this stand the issue is resolved.
Anyone experiencing similar problems i would recopmend to try this, as replacing a battery didnt do the trick for me.
on 23 January 2014
Does the job well from my S3.
I should note that I have the official flip-cover (which replaces the back cover to add a flip cover to the front as well) and can still use the charger. It is a tight fit but it works. I little gentle persuasion with a Dremmel would make it an easy fit, if you have the patience to do the extra work.
on 23 July 2016
Rescued my old S3 this did.
I used this dock to charge batteries because the phone was eating them literally. The S3 is really easy to swap batteries on and boots quickly if you root it. I now have an S5, but at the time I had 3 batteries for it and kept a charged battery in my back trouser pocket all the time. Even when using a power-bank and playing Ingress (Pokemon GO is out now) the phone munched battery so this charging station freed me up and saved me buying a new phone.
on 10 May 2014
I only purchased the dock and got a spare battery from Anker as they are a battery brand that I'm familiar with and trust.

Having said that this dock ticks all the boxes.

FIT
I've found the fit to be snug and firm for both phone and battery although the phone wont fit if it's in a case. that wasn't a problem for me as I've taken to only using a skin on my phone and that's thin enough that it doesn't interfere. The spare battery slot is a snug fit and may require a firm push to ensure that it's met the charging contact terminals.

Charging Time
There seems to have been some problems with this not being as fast for some people. This hasn't been a problem for me and I think that it may be the difference between charging from a USB port and the mains. USB ports on devices (PCs or laptops) usually stick to the USB standard and are limited to no more than 0.5 Amps. As a result they only trickle change and can take a few hours. Charging from the mains can deliver full power 1.0 amps or more, this will fully charge a battery in a couple of hours. Mine is on my bedside table and plugged into the mains so I can use it as an alarm clock. I've plugged a dead phone and spare battery into the dock and had both fully charged in less than 3 hours.
on 7 March 2014
I was having issues with charging my SIII directly as many do so bought this to at least be able to charge another battery outside of the phone, worked for a while then it stopped recognising the battery in the slot after a while which was due to the pins inside flattening out, the simple fix was with a screwdriver to lift them up again and hey presto it was fine, the trouble is bending metal points up and down inevitably ends in them snapping which of course is what happened to this item so now I am stuck with a useless charger, kept me going for a while though!