5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie
This is a great movie, especially the second half after they get arrested (I won't say any more so as not to spoil it). It stars John Schneider (actually Beau from the original Dukes of Hazard TV series from the 80's) and Rachel Hendrix (a virtual unknown who does a really good job, but we'll see her again in her next movie The Perfect Wave). Production and acting are...
Published on 28 Nov. 2012 by geneva2004

3.0 out of 5 stars good story,but too 'hollywood' sort of for me
I like the film but decided to give just 3 stars , that s : ok.the film touches upon the issues of abortion, which I oppose and I was & am against very strongly!there are good points such as couple of lines very well worth memorizing, for everyone going through difficult times in life ( as we all do often) , such as when a policeman says to the main character Hannah...
Published 9 months ago by M

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic File, 17 Jun. 2014
H. HAN - See all my reviews
This review is from: October Baby [DVD] (DVD)
I really enjoyed this film. It was very inspired me and I hope that this film can inspire to many people.

5.0 out of 5 stars self-discovery, the value of life, and adjusting to a hostile past, 14 Mar. 2014
This review is from: October Baby [DVD] (DVD)
Overcoming the past is a daunting exercise especially when the past is heavily charged. October baby is a clean look on the life of a young lady who discovers unstabilizing events from her past and her quest for recognition. The beauty of this film is the fact that overcoming does not necessitate putting all the past back together rightly, but rather accepting it as past and moving on. It should be in everyone's collection of good moral films.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite film now, 12 Dec. 2013
Andreea Sidon - See all my reviews
This review is from: October Baby [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant film. Very well acted, powerful story about the value of a human life that we tend to take for granted...Beautiful

5.0 out of 5 stars October baby, 13 Oct. 2013
This review is from: October Baby [DVD] (DVD)
A lovely film with a good story line. The story deals with an emotive subject in a positive way. Excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars A 'real-life' story of real love., 27 Aug. 2013
This review is from: October Baby [DVD] (DVD)
Interesting story with lots of psychological angles to make you think.

Intriguing insight into the mind of a female teenager.

Good watching for teens & up!

5.0 out of 5 stars A story well worth hearing, 6 Jun. 2013
This review is from: October Baby [DVD] (DVD)
This has to be one of the great movies of all time. The story was captivating and the message is something all need to hear.
The movie doesn't have any parts where you feel like "Turning it off" as so often happens in movies due to violence/sex/language. This has a strong message to relate and is done in a very compelling, confronting way, but is done so that any late teen onwards can watch it without reservation and feel that they have learnt a lot about the preciousness of life. It is not for younger children as the meaning of horror in abortion would not be understood by them. But all the older members of the family will watch it and weep over the sins that we do in the name of freedom. We are giving this one to all our close friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite Flim, 27 Jan. 2015
This review is from: October Baby [DVD] (DVD)
The acting is this movie is excellent, especially Rachel Hendrix. The story line is so powerful and moving. And the music in this movie, is beautiful. This is my absolute favourite flim.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't match my definition of a Christian movie, but a good moral movie with a powerful abortion message, 14 May 2014
This review is from: October Baby [DVD] (DVD)
(This post contains small Spoilers but not of the main storyline - however I wanted to give a good review of what I have seen!)
This movie was good to watch and I would have peace of mind that if I had young adults or friends over to watch this film I would be happy to show the content. It has a good moral storyline and has some good acting, and some powerful and moving moments.

However, if you are like us and would describe Christian movies as ones that are about a christian home and lifestyle, with a good christian moral theme - I suppose this one has - they say they go to church and are bought up in a christian home - and are against abortion which is good. However its quite wishy washy with the storyline of the young girl being in love with her best friend, who isn't a christian, SPOILER >>> (and the father encouraging their relationship towards the end of the film).

This movie has nothing on the stories of Courageous, Fireproof, and Facing the Giants (Christian films I would rate 5 star with no doubts about content). So if you are looking for something like this, I think October Baby will let you down.

In the entire film, I think I recall them mentioning Jesus once, and that could have been within a song played in the middle. Can't remember them talking about the bible, mentioning any verses... etc etc

Overall good film, powerful message on abortion and the effect on somebody whom was almost aborted.

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty much what you would expect in a film of ..., 17 Feb. 2015
This review is from: October Baby [DVD] (DVD)
A lovely tale of self discovery, pretty much what you would expect from a film of this type. The romantics amongst us will love it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 14 Feb. 2015
D. Scille - See all my reviews
This review is from: October Baby [DVD] (DVD)
Love this movie. I think it is a challenging subject which helps us to see that all life is valuable.

October Baby [DVD]
October Baby [DVD] by Jon Erwin (DVD - 2012)