5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
Great, best protection on the market
Published 7 hours ago by Malcolmius

1.0 out of 5 stars A Note of Caution
This is what happens when you ignore people's one star review, you end up having to post your own one star review. This product worked well for the first month and was certainly worth four stars however, once a major update was needed for the product it all went to pot. The Site-Advisor stopped working, with the fix being a clean install, only for it to fail when the...
Published 19 months ago by Mr J T O'Connor

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars bitdefender 2013, 29 Sep 2012
This review is from: BitDefender Total Security 2013 - 3 User 1 Year (PC) (CD-ROM)
The purchase for a download disc for BITDEFENDER came from a company that admitted that there was an ERROR in the Disc and that I should load the software from the INTERNET.The disc would not function at all. Downloading through the internet required the system to be paid for AGAIN.

Therefor I rate this purchased disc as NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

I have already requested a refund ,but the sellers have not replied to my request through your customer services. I believe that this company has scammed me. Please investigate. I want to return the useless software to the Digital sales company.

This will be expensive because I am now in Thailand.

Please reple to me. Angiolo Chiesa.
PS I could not carry on without protection so I have bought PANDA PRO 2013. from another source. This is a most successful
ANTI VIRUS system which I do recommend.
This product was bought initially from Amazon .uk

1.0 out of 5 stars Worse piece of software I have ever encountered!, 13 Jun 2013
S. McFall "Lady Penelope" (Kent, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
Whilst the CHAT online support chap was polite and helpful, DLLs he sent me to fix the problem with their software actually killed my internet access. The latest support email following my running a kind of trace tool has suggested that I still have files left over from previous software. Ironic really as I was unable to uninstall their software fully, and it sits there in my Programs list not allowing to be deleted. When you click uninstall it tries to install it again, comes up with an error, and all you can do is click on OK. I now need to totally re-build my laptop. My advise, don't buy this, unless you're happy to spend hours following bad support advise, and receiving patronising emails.

2.0 out of 5 stars Antivirus that behaves like virus itself..., 18 May 2013
Just wanted people to know about my experience. I was a huge fan of Bitdefender since it started. Not like Norton or McAfee back then. It was very light, cheap and very effective protection. Since several years now its not the case any more. It got so bloated heavier on the system. That would be tolerable. But since I got the latest version I can safely tell that its the last one Im using. Why. a few reasons. There are plenty of other decent protections these days. But mainly because Bitdefender started behave like a virus itself. those "offers" popping up out of the blue. The latest took a third of the screen. Also I like that it updates itself every day. But common... asking to restart the system every day at least once. WHY?! it used to be very quite and effective protection why it cant stay like that. Im pretty sure update can wait till pc is restarted without reminding every hour.

2.0 out of 5 stars Problems problems problems, 31 Mar 2013
So I bought this suite from amazon the other day. Tried to activate it but instead of 365 days (a year) I only got 166 days. God only knows why... Contacted bitdefender customer support and waiting for a reply.

Btw the program couldn't be installed from the disk. Had to download the trial version and activate the code...

1.0 out of 5 stars Heavy Going, 10 Mar 2013
I have Bitdefender IS 2013 (3 user) installed on a couple of systems. Firstly, it is very effective at its job; however, it is very demanding of system resources. My main machine, (a run of the mill PC) often slows right down as the program uses huge amounts of resources.
On any less powerful system, such as a netbook, the entire system freezes for some minutes as the program works. I have decided not to install it on my ageing laptop, since it may render the system unusable.
It is much worse than the paid versions of AVG which I used to have - (thinking of going back!)
The price was good, but the inconvenience far outweighs the problems I have. In short, if you have a newish, fast and powerful system, it will be ok, anything less will struggle, and would not recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars should be 5 star but it might of made me fail a uni assignment, but you could at least say it is persistant, 8 Mar 2013
works great, with a fast pc it scans last mere minuets, it scan removable media well it is some good software. The major down side is that i program so every time i export my own program it thinks it is a virus and removes it, i told it not to scan the file, and i turned off antivirus scan/protection within the program, yet it still wants to pop up to tell me its deleted my degree work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well for general use, terrible for gaming, 5 Mar 2013
I use Bitdefender on two machines - a laptop which I mainly use for internet browsing, email and office applications, and a desktop which I use for gaming.

On the laptop I have had no real problems - one or two false positives but Bitdefender told me what it had done and gave me an easy one-click option to reverse it (although on subsequent scans it still picked up the exact same false positives and the application offers no simple way to prevent this).

On the gaming machine, however, Bitdefender is a nightmare. It has serious problems with false positives on various processes, and when it picks one up it just stops the game from running without giving any indication of what it has done. Disabling the various modules that cause this involves far more guesswork than it should, and leads to further problems as elements like on-access scanning tend to break when you deactivate them and can only be repaired by reinstalling, which itself is not as simple as it should be. As far as the gaming machine is concerned, Bitdefender is as much of a problem as most of the malware it is supposed to prevent.

3.0 out of 5 stars toooo slooowwwww, 5 Mar 2013
S. Owen (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
the software appears to be good...but it slowed mine and my sons pc's down to a ridiculous level. Uninstalled and returned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nigtmare, 25 Feb 2013
Opted for the auto pilot download, not so user friendly as described. Product key inside box not recognised. Product customer services take 24 hrs per response, waited 50 minutes on helpline but no answer. When finally installed on trial issue slowed browsing to painfully slow. tried to scan computer after 2 1/2 hrs still not completed, be aware you cannot do anything else on the machine whilst scanning. Very dissapointed with the product

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT buy this., 15 July 2013
I had done a fair bit of research for my new antivirus. I wanted to leave AVG after several years because their search engine had become far too obtrusive and couldn't even be removed from my browser by their own tech support.

So I read lots of reviews, and lo and behold, Bitdefender had lots of excellent ratings.

I have no idea where they came from or how they managed to get them.

Straight away, the interface is not what I like at all. Personal preference if you want, but I don't want my antivirus to look like a computer game. But that's minor in comparison to what is to follow.

In one of the first scans, it highlights "Media autorun" as a vulnerability. That's the function that makes sure that a DVD or USB are recognised as soon as you insert them, without having to go via "My Computer" and opening them manually. I can see the potential implications. BItdefender recommended disabling it. Dutifully I did.

Then, after a few days, I had quite enough of opening every USB stick manually and wanted to enable it again.

Guess what? No way you can do that. There is no record of the changes it has made in the interface itself. So I contacted their support. I have to say - BY FAR the slowest response I have ever experienced from any software company. Often they only reply after you tell them they haven't replied yet. Each reply takes approximately a week. And they still haven't been able to sort it out. Every suggestions they make (despite this being a very straightforward change made by their own software) turns out to be a dud. In their last email they even refer to how to fix an 'update error -1017'. Very kind of them, but I had never reported such an error.

Please, please, please do not buy this. I have learnt my lesson the hard way.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

BitDefender Total Security 2013 - 3 User 1 Year (PC)
BitDefender Total Security 2013 - 3 User 1 Year (PC) by Bit Defender (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
23.09