5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought
I bought this to drag myself kicking and screaming into the 2010's - I haven't owned a tablet previously, and although I work in computing I've never managed to get to grips properly with mobile phones, so my Android phone hadn't led to a whole lot of experience with Android. I was therefore pleasantly surprised with almost everything about this tablet. It was far...
Published 22 months ago by Siggy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good in some respects but constantly lags
It looks great and is so much more versatile than an iPad with all the socketry it has. But the device can be so laggy that it drives me mad. You can type several words before they appear on the screen and the haptic feedback kicks in. The wifi strength is up and down like a yo-yo, whereas my HTC One X sat next to it has a continually strong signal. The website reviews...
Published 21 months ago by MarkSk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: Asus Transformer TF700 10.1-inch Tablet with Keyboard Dock (Grey) (nVIDIA Tegra 3 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, Front Webcam, Rear Webcam, Android 4.0 ICS) (Personal Computers)
Well, I have been resisting buying an Ipad for a long time now favouring the android platform but strugggling to find an android equivalent until I came across the transformer TF 700, I researched this thing to death and everything i read sung its' praises from its great functionality to its'excellent build quality, of course, it is expensive and so it took me a while to make the purchase but finally i went for it.
I received it a week or so later with great excitement and the following evening when I was off work i sat in the lounge with my wife who was busily perusing the net on her Ipad, the first thing i noticed that when I pressed on the left side of the device there was a faint clicking sound, after some investigating it appeared that the casing had slightly raised from the underlying chassis as it were, i subsequently sent it back and soon after received a new one. Now I head back to the lounge and yes my wife was still there with her Ipad (actually, she had moved in the intervening days).
This time the build quality seemed fine and so I started to set up Gmail etc, after doing this I wanted to load on the various content providers, the catch up tvs, skygo, love film, both to which I subscribe, however this didn't go too well, neither skygo or lovefilm are supported and so I'd have to subscribe to netflix if I wanted to watch streamng movies on my device, I wasn't happy. Now it happens that we were in the tail end of a trial with netflix and so I loaded this on and checked it out, what i found was that scrolling through the videos was very stuttery, not smooth at all, I had the comparison of my wifes Ipad and there was no such issue on that, when i chose a movie it played fine and loked pretty good, when however i compared it to the ipad, the same movie just looked sharper and more vibrant, my hopes for the TF700 were certainly sinking fast, next I put on the BBC Iplayer thinking that this must work fine but no, the picture was continuiusly pixelating, was this happening at the same time with the same program on the ipad? well, I'll let you all figure out the answer to that one.

So there you have it, I wasn't impressed at all, maybe I have been unlucky because as previously mentioned the reviews have always been great, I also want you all to bear in mind that I really wanted this to be good, I wanted the Android platform and was very much keen to avoid the ipad but i guess this wasn't to be my destiny and I am now I have to say the proud owner of the Ipad, Skygo works, lovefilm works, Iplayer works and the screen is fanatstic, is the system more restrictive than the android system?, yes, but there are always workarounds which in truth can be a bit of a pain but only mild to moderate.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first tablet experience....., 7 Feb 2013
One star = interim rating only........ Due to bad experiences with Apple and my hatred of their selfish attempts to take over the technological world, I did some research which shows the Asus Transformer TF700 as a great tablet with more features I need than those provided by the iPad. Amazons service, as always, met expectations and the package arrived the day after ordering. After charging the 'eeePad' it guided me through the simple setting up process, and then discovered the new OS so downloaded it. On istallation the eeePad became stuck on the reboot screen, for 12 hours. I called Asus customer support (number from website - initally busy but got through on 2nd attempt). The english operater took me through a few diagnostic procedures but quickly concluded the machine was 'dead. The first time he'd heard of this problem with this machine, and I should return it to Amzazon for replacement. I've never had the need to return anything to Amazon before, so the day after receipt of the item I clicked on the return button, entered basic details and printed the labels for the return package. Courier email confirmed collection for the next day, being today, the same day as my replacement eeePad has just arrived from Amazon. Amazing service Amazon. Will add more feedback on product once charged and set up complete, fingers crossed.

3 weeks on and very happy with my decision to opt for the Asus Transformer (instead of the iPad). Quality build; V easy to set up; still investigating all available apps, both via the App store as well as those included at outset.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great product but be very careful, 17 Sep 2012
I spent a long time comparing this Asus TF700 with the iPad 3 and the just released Sony Xperia Tablet S.

The reviews for the Asus were very good and I liked the design with the keyboard so it won.

However I live in UK and I could not get one with an English keyboard, plus the prices seemed too high so I bought one from a reputable USA website and had it shipped to a work colleague in San Jose, who then shipped it to me.
It cost me $620 plus $90 shipping so I was happy.

Then I opened the box and quickly realised that the screen was not fitted properly in one corner and was bulging.
I booted it up and kept getting false touch selections on the screen!
So I had to send it back fast with insurance which cost me 140 !

As there was no damage to the packaging at all and it was sent to me in the correct 'fragile electronics' manner I did some more research.......make sure you read the one star reviews on Amazon's USA website. It turns out many people have had the same problems which means (in my opinion) there is either a production quality control issue or faulty units have found their way into the market.

It is such a shame because it should be a top quality unit, and judging from the number of 5* happy customers it is if you get a 'good one'.

I couldn't afford to wait for UK retailers to get them so I have bought a Sony Xperia Tablet S which is brilliant and cost only 379 for 32Gb WiFi model.

I hope this helps.

3.0 out of 5 stars Adobe Flash Player, 23 Nov 2012
Everything about this Asus is great with the exception of its now limited ability to stream most video and TV due to Adobe withdrawing its Flash Player from the Android market.
A solution is needed and fast to reverse the bad feeling I have having spent this much money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but gorgeous, 14 Oct 2012
Robert Delamare "cranley" (Cranleigh, Surrey) - See all my reviews
Asus Transformer TF700 10.1-inch Tablet with Keyboard Dock (Grey) (nVIDIA Tegra 3 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, Front Webcam, Rear Webcam, Android 4.0 ICS) Having owned the earlier model I wanted this as soon as it was announced. Brilliant screen means I can read text in Kindle or Zinio almost without zooming. Slim as or slimmer than an iPad. Noticeably faster than the older model but battery life seems as good. Gorgeous spun metal finish. This is the kiss of death for dinosaurs like Microsoft and Intel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Second time lucky, 28 Oct 2012
An old 14 Crew (Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My first machine had a minor build fault.
Next machine 100%..Amazon provide excellent
customer service.

This is a fantastic product which does everything
on the box.

Go out and buy one.

1.0 out of 5 stars I give up, 27 Sep 2012
Miss Knos (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
Amazon/Asus I've been looking forward to owning the tf700 since I heard about it in April. But no more, if this is how you roll out a new product (Asus) you seriously need a rethink, oh yes and stop rip off britain we're not mugs.

Looking at the new Sony viao duo out same time as win8. it's a laptop/pad (lappad I suppose) hybrid, bit more expensive but a propper computer (so to speak). And Sony have been good to me :)

This will probably be deleted but hey ho.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT, 13 Dec 2012
S. Shastri - See all my reviews
I waited for a long time to get hold of this product and was very excited to finally play with it.

I have to say that in many respects it lives up to its reputation but i am getting more and more frustated with it for the following reasons:

1. It seems to stop responding having got about 75% of the way there when loading a web page, this problem keeps getting worse until you reboot the machine.

2. The keyboard is cheap and tacky.

I wish I had spent the money on an ipad or waited for one of the Windows based tablets.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Guys!!1, 30 Oct 2012
I really wanted one of these but now the new Nexus 10 is coming out I cant justify the extra 210.00 ( I could also buy a Nexus 7 as well as a Nexus 10 for 599.00) just for a keyboard and extra storage options. The Nexus 10 screen will probably kill this!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›