5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought
I bought this to drag myself kicking and screaming into the 2010's - I haven't owned a tablet previously, and although I work in computing I've never managed to get to grips properly with mobile phones, so my Android phone hadn't led to a whole lot of experience with Android. I was therefore pleasantly surprised with almost everything about this tablet. It was far...
Published on 13 Oct. 2012 by Siggy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good in some respects but constantly lags
It looks great and is so much more versatile than an iPad with all the socketry it has. But the device can be so laggy that it drives me mad. You can type several words before they appear on the screen and the haptic feedback kicks in. The wifi strength is up and down like a yo-yo, whereas my HTC One X sat next to it has a continually strong signal. The website reviews...
Published on 8 Nov. 2012 by MarkSk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 59 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid any ASUS equipment at all costs, 25 Sept. 2014
This review is from: ASUS Transformer Pad Infinity (TF700T) 64 GB Tablet with Keyboard Dock - 10.1-inch Slimmest and Lightest Full HD Android Tablet with Fastest nVIDIA Tegra 3 CPU - Grey (Personal Computers)
When I received it, was delighted. However, after 5 months it developed a crack in docking station. Upon further inspection
I found the dock screws had not been inserted at assembly, causing the crack. I photographed this and returned to ASUS. It came back unrepaired with screws tightened. I had to complain and send numerous emails before this simple warranty issue was resolved.

About a year after purchase, I noticed unit was getting looser in the dock. Gradually this worsened until finally one side would not
latch. I checked forums and it appears this is a common fault. Therefore I sent it back to ASUS for repair. They accused me of damaging unit and would not repair free. Repair cost is not worth what unit is now worth.

ASUS support are very poor, they don't care about customers, software updates are non existent (still on android 4.2) and overall, I would not recommend this unit nor any other ASUS product. Others have simple 2 year warranty and no faults.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best tablet I have ever used --UPDATED--, 12 Sept. 2012
-- UPDATED -

I've just updated my TF700 to Android 4.11 (Jelly Bean) using the built in OTA update function, so I thought it was about time to update the review now I've had a months (ish) use out of it.

I pre-ordered this in July from Amazon UK with an anticipated release date of 31 Aug, they dispatched on Sat 8th Sept and I received it on Tue 11th Sept.

This may be a week later than I expected but I was prepared to wait an extra few days. It is without a doubt one of the best, if not the best tablet I have used. I have used the iPad 2 and 3 and even though they are very good and excellently engineered they don't even come close to the freedom of choice and flexibility the TF700 offers.

I'm typing this using the keyboard dock on a train using the Polaris office that come bundled with it and the experience is exactly the same as typing on a normal PC back at home.

Build Quality
It feels very good although there is a very slight flex if it is twisted with a reasonable amount of force. It isn't quite apple build quality but it's almost there. With the tablet docked with the keyboard it feels very sturdy but bizarrely it seems heavier docked together than the sum of the two parts.

Screen
The screen is crisp and sharp and can actually go brighter than the iPad3 although the colour gamut is slightly wider on the iPad3, although not enough to notice in normal usage. It is a joy to use, magazines in Zinio look great as to books in Kindle and HD video looks superb as it can use the 1920x1200 screen to full effect.

Operating System - UPDATED -
The update went fine, no snags and I kept all my settings. Jelly Bean is buttery smooth and transitions between apps and around the GUI is much snappier; swiping between home screens is faster. The notifications bar is roughly the same but the notifications have been standardised as well as showing more info. The ability to properly multi-task and switch between app is very handy and something I couldn't be without. Overall Jelly Bean isn't massivly different but it introduces lots of changes under the hood which are all good so far :-)

Apps - UPDATED -
Zinio - I use for magazines and it looks great, I've been reading my latest National Geographic whilst travelling between jobs.
SuperNote - I find this massively helpful at work, I can take notes in meetings and whilst on the phone then send them to my work or home PC
Polaris Office - works fine (I'm typing this review in it),
Firefox and Chrome - both work well for web browsing,
E-Mail - I use the stock email client for my e-mail with both G-Mail and Yahoo accounts.
Google Drive - I use this to keep all my docs synced.
MXplayer - This seems to play anything and is just what I want for watching films and TV series.
Tunein - I use this for web radio at home over my home WiFi.

Games - UPDATED -
I've been playing Osmos HD which is a great game and looks fantastic. Dead Trigger is the best free game if you like shooting zombies and is almost console quality on this tablet. Beach Buggy Blitz is a good free driving game that takes a bit of practice to master. I tried out a really cheap USB game controller, this didn't go very well (It got binned as it was crap and unusable), I'll try a proper XBox controller when I can get my hands on one and let you all know!

Keyboard Dock
The Keyboard Dock makes a massive difference when using to web browse or type documents as, although the screen keyboard if ok, nothing beats having a real one to type on. It is a little light though to if the tablet is pushed back it does have a tendency to topple over as it's top heavy. It's too early to tell about the battery life but so far it seems to be as advertised.

Storage - NEW -
The built in 64Gb of storage is really handy, I can install loads of apps and keep all my work docs and 30Gb of music and still have room to spare. I have a SanDisk 64Gb Micro SD card in the tablet which I keep movies and TV series to watch when away from home and I'm planning to get a 128 or 256Gb SD card when the price come down to use in the dock. I've used the USB to plug in my 2TB external drive to transfer files and it works like a charm, very handy!

Encryption - NEW & WORD OF WARNING -
I wouldn't recommended doing this as it slows down your tablet massively, boot time is ridiculously long and it not possible to undo within android. You have to wipe the tablet and restore back to factory to get it un-encrypted (I've done it and it's fairly painless but long winded).

Overall I can highly recommend this tablet to anyone who wants a powerful media machine that is easy portable but allows them to get on with some real work as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful awful customer service, 5 April 2014
The Infinity Pad i purchased had a fault (the mini hdmi port was faulty meaning i could not play movies via the pad onto my TV) . i had to pay money for the device to be sent to Eastern Europe for a number of weeks. ASUS 's process was hugely inflexible. Insisted that payment could only be made in euros via bank transfer. This cost me a further £17 in charges.

Then my tablet was returned and after a week or so stop working completely.

Now i am told the device is out of warranty and ASUS are going to charge £50 just on transport charges to look at it.

At every stage ASUS customer service process is designed to make it as difficult and expensive as possible for the customer, I assume ASUS is trying to make it so difficult that people just don't bother.

I now have a £600 device which is a year old and not working and ASUS are simply washing its hands of the problem.

Simply outrageous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very highly rated, 1 April 2013
We use Amazon a great deal for buying things for us in France, but this was a present for our son in the UK.
A computer professional, he is not always easy to buy for, but he is raving about this tablet, which he now uses as a PC substitute.
Delivery was direct to his home at the day and hour promised.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok.., 18 Mar. 2013
its an ok tablet, but mine shuts down occasionally when it gets overwhelmed. Depending what you are looking for, as tablets go this one is good, but if you are looking for more of a laptop and think the keyboard will do it, would exactly choose this. Its rather fragile so get a case for it as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall pretty good, 3 Jan. 2013
DragonSandy (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my son - He says; the screen's good, it's responsive, it doesn't matter what you do/what application you use it's still really fast and fluid.
Small downside: when you change between applications it sometimes takes a bit of effort (it's not always fluid/instant).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product even if its a bit pricey, 8 Feb. 2013
I bought the Asus TF700T for my girlfriend for work the product is really well made with a great screen and keyboard. The TF700T is a very versatile product and firmware updates from Asus are released quite often as well, if you don't mind the high price then this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars best alternative to ipad and more., 19 Dec. 2012
best gadget i ever purchased. brilliant from day one. only thing i do not like is that you can't get "adobe flash player" if you run android jelly bean. if it would have that it would beat the ipad hands down, and you would not be forced to get everything thru apple.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy This Tablet, 7 Jun. 2015
CSC (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These Android tablets are no longer supported by the manufacturer. No more updates. And there are more blogs than I can count helping Infinity owners learn how to unlock and root their tablet to make it useful again.

Why? After roughly 18 months, the Asus simply stops working. Everything so slow the tablet essentially becomes useless unless you wipe the memory every 60 days. Or learn how to add a custom Operating System. I bought a new tablet and am treating this all this as a side project. However, if this degree of tech nerdiness does not appeal to you... DO NOT buy this tablet.

After this experience, Asus is permanently off my future purchase list for any tech.

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin, 21 Dec. 2012
R. Lawrence - See all my reviews
I ordered this direct from Amazon after having been let down by initially ordering one with a french keyboard.
Despite the price its a great product and works perfectly. Was brand new too unlike the french one!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 59 | Next ›