5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought
I bought this to drag myself kicking and screaming into the 2010's - I haven't owned a tablet previously, and although I work in computing I've never managed to get to grips properly with mobile phones, so my Android phone hadn't led to a whole lot of experience with Android. I was therefore pleasantly surprised with almost everything about this tablet. It was far...
Published 21 months ago by Siggy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good in some respects but constantly lags
It looks great and is so much more versatile than an iPad with all the socketry it has. But the device can be so laggy that it drives me mad. You can type several words before they appear on the screen and the haptic feedback kicks in. The wifi strength is up and down like a yo-yo, whereas my HTC One X sat next to it has a continually strong signal. The website reviews...
Published 20 months ago by MarkSk

3.0 out of 5 stars An adequate tablet, but no better than that, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Asus Transformer TF700 10.1-inch Tablet with Keyboard Dock (Grey) (nVIDIA Tegra 3 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 64GB eMMC, WLAN, BT, Front Webcam, Rear Webcam, Android 4.0 ICS) (Personal Computers)
Having lived with this tablet for just over one year, I have a few comments:

1. Overall, it performs adequately. There is significant delay downloading emails and loading web pages, but app speeds seem fine

2. Asus seem to have forgotten about this tablet after a year. The last Android update was to version 4.2.1 and, despite asking Asus and looking around various web sites, there seems little sign of any later version being made available. A shame, as Kit Kat would probably speed things up.

3. Be VERY CAREFUL when the tablet is connected to the keyboard. They are held in place well enough, you think, but actually the clips are only just engaged and a tiny jolt was all that was needed to break off one of the 2 clips on the display itself. This means that the keyboard still docks, but is only held firmly on one side, the other side can be pulled away, allowing the display and keyboard to then separate. Asus quoted me 45-60 just to look at the problem, then for the cost of repairs. Great customer service.

So, overall the tablet does a job for me. However, at the frightening high price I expected better performance, better customer services and much higher build quality. Would I buy another Asus tablet? Probably not. I would buy one with a good display and battery life, then get a Bluetooth connected keyboard.

Oh well, in another year or so, I may persuade the Dragon Lady to let me buy a new tablet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful awful customer service, 5 April 2014
The Infinity Pad i purchased had a fault (the mini hdmi port was faulty meaning i could not play movies via the pad onto my TV) . i had to pay money for the device to be sent to Eastern Europe for a number of weeks. ASUS 's process was hugely inflexible. Insisted that payment could only be made in euros via bank transfer. This cost me a further 17 in charges.

Then my tablet was returned and after a week or so stop working completely.

Now i am told the device is out of warranty and ASUS are going to charge 50 just on transport charges to look at it.

At every stage ASUS customer service process is designed to make it as difficult and expensive as possible for the customer, I assume ASUS is trying to make it so difficult that people just don't bother.

I now have a 600 device which is a year old and not working and ASUS are simply washing its hands of the problem.

Simply outrageous.

5.0 out of 5 stars the BEST there is, 1 Nov 2013
Kenneth R. Grundy (UK) - See all my reviews
leaves all others in the dust. This is how tablets should be made, you have be savy to get the most out of but unlike other tablets.It is all there for you.Just waiting for Jelly Bean (Fantastic).JUST BUY IT.

1.0 out of 5 stars Never again ever!, 4 Dec 2012
Were do I start with the terrible business (Asus not Amazon) and terrible product well I guess ill start with the stupid amount of time I had to wait to get this tablet seems like the UK was the last to get this, second is the ridiculous price we had to pay here in the UK, bare these two in mind I was expecting on amazing premium product which I use 80 percent for work in front of customers and the rest for pleasure.

When I finally received the goods I was very excited id waited soo long and paid so much but it was finally here.
the first 2 weeks past and I was fairly happy but not as much as I was expecting to be, the keyboard dock seemed very finicky and difficult to dock, I was always worried of breaking the thing, this was when I noticed the bottom of the tablet was slightly scratched I couldn't believe it, I'm very careful with all my products always having screen protectors, cases and overall caring for them and after 2 weeks there was already imperfections great 0_o

And it doesn't stop there this is the best bit after 2 and a half weeks the tablets setup on my desk showing a sideshow for my customers when I look over to see the entire screen malfunction it started dimming then changing colour ending in the screen flickering and turning into vertical coloured stripes oh joy!

as soon as the issue started I was straight onto Asus (I checked Amazon but it was after the period for returns, ill come back to this later) Asus told me it was probably a lose connector and could be repaired great, so I sent the product off for repair leaving me with no tablet to work with losing me money. 4 days later I get an email saying its all done and its on its way back, wow I thought that was quick what a service. I received the tablet back the next day to find the paperwork inside saying the fault could not be found, even though I sent printed photos of the problem with the tablet 0_o

After emailing Asus again saying the problem was still happening (after receiving the tablet the screen malfunctioned 5 mins after turning the screen on) They emailed back saying they needed more information, (what's hard about this? THE SCREEN DOESNT WORK!)

Anyway after I emailed them back with more "information" they said that the problem may be that other electronic equipment phones est are jamming the signals LOL best email ever that.

3 weeks passed by me with no tablet for my work (I work for myself as well) Asus were pretty much ignoring me, this was when I began asking for my money back, they weren't offering another repair or anything, luckily I bought this on my credit card so I went to the bank to ask for help they gave me a list of things to do. The first thing was to get an official test from a computer place which I did this cost me nearly 30 pounds for them to say "Yes the screen is broken" well that's the best 30 pounds I ever spent lol.

I sent all this information to Asus hoping for any response 7 working days passed and nothing so I rang them up Guess what . . . The guy wanted more INFORMATION! I asked to speak to a manager, he said "i'm sorry we don't have managers to speak to customer they can only talk to staff" RIIIGHTTT makes sense that.

At this point many weeks had passed and by this point id given up on them thinking I had a 600 pounds paperweight.
Luckily my friend told me to just ask Amazon for help, I gave it a shot.

After 30 mins of chatting to Amazon via the online chat I was sorted! 30 mins sorted with Amazon, 8 weeks with Asus NOTHING!
Amazon were going to give me a full refund on not only the 600 pound tablet but the postage, the 30 pounds test and even a 10 pound case I bought absolutely amazing, I still cant thank Amazon enough for not only listening to me but helping me :D

Today I received my full refund on 04.12.12 (Purchased the tablet on 08.09.12) I will NEVER buy anything from Asus ever again and i would never recommend anyone else to I would hate to see anyone go through the battle I have.

I want to stress that Amazon have been great and since this I have still used Amazon multiple times with perfect service so thanks Amazon :D

Really hope this helps everyone and to those who have this tablet without any problems you are very lucky people :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very happy owner !, 31 Oct 2012
This was purchased for my wife who works in the IT industry and after extensive research and comparisons she knew this was what she wanted to replace her last laptop. It matches it's rivals at every level and then some more. She's delighted with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lies about availability, Gouging the price and Amazon AND Asus assuming the buyers are criminally stupid., 12 Sep 2012
Well so far it looks as if not only have we been lied to about availability but it would seem that both Amazon AND Asus think we are both stupid and gullible when it comes to their pricing and "strategic availability" policies. Anyone who wishes to should check the US Amazon site and seriously consider getting this imported or from a European competitor, well the tablet itself at least, the dock can wait, and as with any ICS 4.0 product you can easily change the language and keyboard input in the settings so region won't be any issue bar the Power supply, for which you can by a converter for around a 5er if you even need one.
As it is quite obvious that neither Asus or Amazon actually care about their customer base or delivering a quality product timely at a reasonable price or about making any kind of competitive alternative to the Ipad in terms of price or availability I am giving what is an amazing product a 1 Star rating, why you ask? Read on.

Here is a business hint Asus: IF YOU WANT PEOPLE TO BUY YOUR PRODUCT MAKE IT READILY AVAILABLE AND AT A PRICE THAT WILL MAKE IT MORE ATTRACTIVE THAN THE COMPETITORS PRODUCT.
So the Ipad with all it's hype 64gb version here in the uk retails for about 559, Can be bought from any apple high street store or delivered free.
The Asus product ISN'T AVAILABLE in the UK yet and so far it looks like the current "guide price" appears to be around 600-650 for the UK version with keyboard, possibly even more when/if we finally get it.

The US version WITH keyboard for exactly the same spec comes in just under 450 and we could have had it nearly 3 months ago. This is absolutely ridiculous and something needs to be said about it. I don't know how in the modern world an international company such as Asus think it is okay to treat any one particular group like this. It is for this reason this product is getting a 1 Star from me. Not because it is a bad product, far from it but because quite frankly both Asus and Amazon are taking the proverbial Michael with their business practices and should both be shamed for it.

Well done Asus, you have a star product that is about the only viable competition to the Ipad atm and you are HANDING APPLE THE MARKET ON A SILVER PLATTER. At the very least in the UK they are. You have to differentiate a product in order to sell it, not price gouge it on release otherwise it will not sell and "Joe Public" go to apple, which lets face it are bigger than you (Asus), more accessible, readily available and are doing a damn good job of promoting their product (as much as I HATE it).
So ask yourself why should I go to Asus other than the fact i prefer ANYTHING over apple's products? To 90% of consumers the answer is they won't, they'll go to Apple. They are less hassle and doing a better job at the moment.

In case any of you want this unit immediately and at a reasonable cost look at Amazon's own US site

Unit itself at $588, although $575 is the best price

$128.86 for the keyboard/dock
So all in all about $717 for unit plus keyboard dock. At current exchange rate at time of writing that works out at just under 450 add say $40 for shipping that is about 470. Even including VAT this should not go above around 550-560 so you don't have to pay their "UK Premium" and you don't HAVE to get the keyboard and because it is ICS your CAN just change the language to UK English and wait for the dock to be available (complete with UK price gouging courtesy of Asus and Amazon).

Also so people are aware apparently Portagadgets.com have the US version with dock available direct here in the UK at 535, but I can't comment on how reliable they are.

The most irritating thing at the moment is that this IS a good product, It is solid and effective it is just a massive shame that it is being so poorly handled at time of release. For those who wish to know how it holds up and not not have to hunt around for the trusted technical review sources see below, but i can quick précis one thing for you... most common complaint? PRICE:

If you can put up with TechRadar's advertising they have a fairly comprehensive review:
Google: Techradar Asus Transformer Pad Infinity review (since amazon are nerfing my actual links to useful review sources or see comments below if you would like the direct links).

AnAndTech has a nice comparative review going that covers just about everything:
Google: AnAndTech Asus Transformer Pad Infinity review

And of course there is C-Net, who also go into a fair bit of depth
Google: cnet Asus Transformer Pad Infinity review

Finally there is an excellent website for seeing all the features and capabilities side by side with other products and that is "www DOT tabletpccomparison DOT net" which i highly reccomend looking at before you commit to any one tablet / slate as it is a fair bit of cash to spend and making sure you get the right one for you is essential.

And so people know I am not biased if either company decide to either DO something about this situation as well as change their pricing policies and deliver a timely UK release I am happy to remove this review but until then this is going to stay right here so people know.

Since there seems to have been some debate over an actual system review from me (see comments below) I have actually seen this product and used it though i grant you it was the 32gb US version and it the fact that i was so impressed with it that spurred me to write this review in the first place and why i am so annoyed that it is not available.

To summarise:
My initial impressions of the system were pretty good, the interface is smoother than many of the others i looked at but it does jitter a little under heavy system load and on some rapid picture browsing (flick scanning) though the latter could be attributed to the slower micro SD card the assistant who was helping to demo was using so that i could have the same images and video on several different products. It played back HD nicely in both 720 and 1080 though video searching and "start after scan" (i.e. fast forwarding to the middle of a movie and then playing) was noticeably slower on the 1080p though i am told this can be caused by un-optimised video encoding.

The unit itself was thin, light and sturdy and felt like it could take a bit of knocking around though there were a fair few finger smears on the glass they wiped off easily (i would probably recommend a screen protector). I found the system with the dock was a great help but i felt that the connection between the dock and tablet was a little flimsy and could use a bit of re-enforcement but that could have been the fault of the much demoed display model that i was looking at rather than the actual unit as a whole.

The system was only very slightly less responsive than the ipad which i also looked at, but that said the ipad has 30% of the CPU power purely dedicated to "looking smooth and pretty"
The big advantage was of course the Asus optimised ICS 4.0 system which (in my opinion) is by far the best tablet operating system, this is mostly due to the fact i found the Apple O/S restrictive and obstructive. The ICS system i found easy to use, smooth, intuitive and responsive without having to wait very long at all for anything to load as i often have to with my mobile.

The unit i looked at was side by side with the 3G model that i also looked at and if "out in the wild" connection is not an absolute necessity i would go for the WIFI version hands down as it has a far more powerful processor for multimedia purposes.
If you put them side by side (the non-wifi and the 3g) the differences in high def media and smoothness are almost immediately obvious, the Tegra 3 processor coming right into its own as soon as any kind of demanding multimedia is launched.

The only reason i did not purchase it then was it was only about a month after the release and the price in the US had not had time to settle after the release (and i felt i could probably get it cheaper online)
Secondly i wanted to wait for the UK model since i was heading back home a day or 2 later and i came back expecting that it would match the US price point on release and had been told the release would be imminent (around the 13-17th of august) based on ASUS'S OWN FACEBOOK PAGE. I later found out it had "apparently" been pushed back to the 31st according to the inquirer and now we are in the situation where we currently stand over a month later, no product anywhere to be seen, with Amazon being given "dubious" exclusivity with both them and Asus finger pointing at each other over the availability and pricing of the product with no actual facts as to actual availability or pricing and no other actual UK model retailers to turn to as an alternative.
Whomsoever organised this fiasco on both sides needs kicking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Asus transformer infinity gold, 1 Oct 2012
My first tablet. Been using it for a few days now and completely addicted! So shiny and clear resoultion and so much fun.

I'm using it mostly for social networking, browsing, email and watching the odd movie/iplayer or youtube clip.
Great for reading anything - from newspapers to legal documents and viewing photos. I was especially happy to find that when I signed in to amazon mp3 and kindle, all my songs and books I bought on my phone were there waiting for me! I popped in a micro SD card from an old phone and likewise found my music and photos on there - not something you could do on an ipad. Photos come up beautifully on the display - both ones I've previously taken and ones from the internet. I have to say I didn't try the camera yet.

Negatives are that the charger is a bit cheap - feels like it's going to break and you really need to clip it together properly before it will charge - and then, as I think someone else mentioned, it gets rather hot. It says in the small print on it that it's safe to 240 volts though, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.
Also, if you dock it into the keyboard whilslt playing something, it pauses, beeps and then informs you it has docked - slightly annoying, but tolerable. The sound seemed really tinny at first, but using the FX key on the inbuilt equaliser seemed to fix that for music playback anyway. There are of course many equalisers you can download for free on the Play website.

It did occur to me the keyboard more than doubles the weight of the device, and I have been looking for a case suitable for carrying just the screen around, but have been so far unsuccessful. Keyboard is great for use at home though and slightly easier than the touch screen if you're writing more than a tweet - and of course the weight is the battery, which lasts much longer than the screen on its own. I note that mine was supplied with a TF201 dock, so if you already owned a Prime, you just need the screen!

Will be taking it on holiday to Cyprus in a few weeks, so will be interesting to see what works or doesn't over there!

Go Andrioid!

5.0 out of 5 stars Asus tablet, 13 Nov 2012
Does what it says on the label. Can't complain. I think it's better than the i-pad as per the reviews.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Tablet, 12 Nov 2012
Mr. J. Bray - See all my reviews
pondered for a while over which tablet to purchase.. Apple, Andoird even Windows 8..
this is a great product, engineeting quality is top class and a very good screen not matter what the light envioronment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 8 Nov 2012
Great product. Really good to have while on the move and as a teaching aid. Not unlocked its full potential yet but I am excited about finding ways to get this product to work for me.