Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Kadai Madras|Change

on 8 March 2014
After watching Ricks Indian cookery programme we decided to invest in a better cooking pot and this one seemed to fit the bill. It arrived quickly and has not been far from our cooker ever since. It is easy to use, lightweight but robust. It cooks food evenly and is a good size. Very happy with this pot - my waistline is not quite so happy.
on 11 May 2014
I really like this. Nothing sticks and it's great for cooking everything if you are a bit of a lazy cook like me. I use it not only for making curry but also stir frys, omelettes and frying fish. Been using just about every day for the past couple of months and still looks like new. The expensive pans I have hardly get used these days. I get the comments about it being light but as a novice I wouldn't say this is a problem for me.
on 14 November 2013
Very light..ok for some uses but not as a traditional Kadahi,needs a bit of substance,maybe a layered bottom to disperse heat better
on 25 May 2014
This is a super pan - I use it all the time - it's the only pan I ever use - it makes a great wok for stir fries and is plenty big enough for making soup, frying breakfast etc etc and it doesn't take up too much room on the hob.
on 23 August 2013
looking for a deep pan with lid, good size,the bonus is the lid fits other tefal fry pans quite snug,(cost of lid for fry pans £30)
so very pleased with the kadai.
on 7 September 2013
Very good for the money but does not cook that evenly as its base is too thin. I have used it lots so far and dishwashered several times and it still looks brand new. I intend buying a much heavier Karahi for more even heat distribution, in meantime its OK. Looks great when you carry it to the table full of curry though!!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 19 December 2015
Very Pleased With This Pan, I have ended up using much less oil, As the non stick coating really holds the oil well.
My stainless steel pan, seemed like my food was constantly burning, So i was adding more oil.

* I agree with others, is isn't the heaviest of pans, But once your onions & meat are in it's not easily knocked..
* I actually prefer a lighter pan, as i can't mange the weight of heavy based pans, (So good for people not wanting a really heavy pan).

* I found my onions all fry evenly and i get a lovely rich colour on my onion, spices/garlic/ginger and tomato base..
* The lid is clear and has an air release hole. (Really Solid Lid),
* Great as this fits quite easily in my average size fridge, with the leftovers in.
* I hand wash mine, But this & the lid can go in the dishwasher

I have cooked, 3 large onions, 3 medium size tomatoes & 4 medium size chicken breasts. (With Room Left)
So this is great for the average size family of 2 adults/2 children, i think anything larger and you may need a larger one.
(This comes with a detailed guarantee, printed on the inside of the cardboard slip that the pan comes in, So keep hold of that)

I have added a few pic's showing how this arrives, along with a shot of the pan in action...

I ordered the matching Chapati/Roti Pan at the same time, just waiting for that..As it has the same thermospot as this pan does.
Tefal Madras Collection 30 cm Chapati Pan

I hope this helps for figure out if this is for you or not..X
review image review image review image review image
on 19 April 2016
If I had to have one frying pan it would be this one.
The size and shape are excellent for almost anything: stir fries, curries, pasta sauces, soups whatever.
I used to have the popular Tefal Intensium 28cm wok which lasted incredibly well, the Tefal coating is definitely up to the job. In my flat we are 3 university students who used the other wok multiple times every day for 2 years before the coating started to give up. I imagine this will be the same. The only reason I didn't get the Intensium was it's lack of a lid and it's slightly higher price - honestly I think this one is the better pan.
on 18 June 2016
Tefal invented non-stick, hence why they are so good at it. I've a decent selection of pans from griddle to saute to crepe and the usual saucepan selection, BUT here is a remarkable design. How so? multi use in every sense, you can fry, boil, steam with it but the depth allows for easy and amazing stir fry's, risotto's and of course curries. It's stable flat bottom (18cm) means I would recommend this as a frying pan if you've got space issues (bedsit, caravan etc) The twin handles are very useful, you can tip the pan to empty with only one - safer with 2.
Oh and washing up is easy too.
on 28 January 2016
Absolutely love this pan - this has now become my 'go-to' pan. Its fairly lightweight but if anything this is mostly an advantage as its easy to handle. I love that it can go from hob to oven. It dishwashes beautifully and needs no special care. I use it for saute(ing), shallow frying, stir fries, making sauces etc etc. Really pleased I bought it, I was slightly apprehensive as it was quite a bit cheaper than similar models but have no hesitation now in recommending it - great value for money and very, very useful.