5.0 out of 5 stars Sony DVD and BP
Published 22 months ago by Dee

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty and Over priced?
Unfortunately I bought this machine and it turned out to be faulty - the tray would not open with a loud buzzing noise. In addition, while searching for a replacement I noted that this machine is available for a price of around £200 or under!!!

Faulty AND overpriced?
Published 18 months ago by The Auditor

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony DVD and BP, 10 April 2013
Dee (Nottingham UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SONY FLAGSHIP 3D BDP-S790 2K/4K w Wi-Fi & 2HDMi DVD & BD ZONE A/B/C, PAL/NTSC DivX AVI MKV, 100~240V 50/60Hz Int'l Version with EU/UK Power Plug (2m HDMi Cable Included) (Electronics)
Wow, until this machine I did not know what I was missing! Every DVD is sharp and in HD; even an old black and white film from the 40s. I did not realise just how good play back could be. Plays Region 1 as well with no problem. Plays Blu Ray with a press of 1 or 2 on the remote for the appropriate region, which is quite easy to do (remember to do this NOT IN QUICK START MODE), It took me a minute to find this out ; there is an extra sheet enclosed with the instructions, its all very easy. I am in early days yet so have not tried out all the other features . but on play back alone I am very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent seller, 21 Dec. 2012
This code free blu ray player does evrything you'd expect it to, it plays evrything.

Now I can finaly watch One Piece and all my other favourite animes from america, without having to worry about not being able to play them.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great player thats plays just about anything and it even looks stylish too!, 4 Sept. 2014
Very happy with this purchase, I have tested the player with some US and UK bought Blu-ray and DVD discs and it works just as it should. The user interface is very intuative and I did not need the manual to get it up and running. The box contained all the bits needed to connect it up to a TV including an HDMI lead and even batteries for the remote making installation of the player very straight foward. The ability for the player to be able to play home videos using an external harddrive through it's USB port in the front was the icing on the cake for me and it copes well with playing most video formats but there were a few files it was unable to play. The player wont replace your Mac or PC for playing the widest range of video compression formats but it does a very good job playing the majority of the most popular file types used today.

The BDP-S790 connects to the internet with ease and you can connect to Netflix, YouTube and BBC Iplayer to watch your favourate programmes. My only crticism with this is when I'm searching for content on things like YouTube, it can be slow as you have to type in the each letter of each word using the number keypad on the remote like on old mobile phones from the 90's. It really made me miss the QWERTY keyboard that is standard now on most phones and I hope Sony improve on this in the future as more and more content will be internet based.

Overall, I would say I'm satisfied with the players abilities and I would highly recommend this player for anyone wondering which multi zone player to purchase, there are a lot to choose from, but I'm very happy with this one. I wont be changing my player for years to come and the only thing really that would temped me to change would be a QWERTY keyboard on the remote. The only downside for me is the high price tag (when compared to the original unit cost) but you get what you pay for and if you want the best, you have to be prepared to pay a bit more for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 7 Dec. 2013
I was looking for a good quality zone free blu ray player and this one seemed to fit the bill. I am pleased to say that I am more than happy with my decision as it is a very good player and extremely easy to use. The picture quality is great and the operation of changing the zone is very straightforward. If you are looking for something similar then look no further.

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty and Over priced?, 22 Aug. 2013

Faulty AND overpriced?

2.0 out of 5 stars A big mistake., 5 May 2013
Dickon "R.F.G. van Bueren" (Thame, Oxon. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This turned out not to be a multi- region recorder which I had asked for, and I feel more should be done to prevent items appearing in lists to which they do not belong.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC player, but..., 13 Nov. 2012
Why on EARTH would you buy it at this overinflated price, when you can buy it for under £200??? Being "Region Free" has nothing to do with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It looks a little cheap, but gives a good quality., 22 Dec. 2013
When I unpacked the player I've lost my confidence a bit... Such a weakling...? But then U plug it in / switch on and all your concerns just vanish.
But SONY should know that even the outlook's important apart from the performance......

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not purchase, 25 May 2014
I do not want to waste ant more time than I have done to date on this product. Do not buy this player