4.0 out of 5 stars Large Size
The bulbs eventually arrived, after the original delivery got lost in the post. I hope the company gets reimbursed. When I opened the package I was surprised to see how large the bulbs are, so new buyers be aware of this. As I did not expect this, I didn't check the actual dimensions.
Published 21 months ago by D. C. Clarke

1.0 out of 5 stars expensive failure
I have bought a number of these over the last year with the aim of replacing most of the bulbs in the house. They looked good initially and produced rapid light

Unfortunately they have only lasted for a few months - three are now flickering badly and have now had to be removed (sadly beyond the refund time)

I had hoped that they would last for years...
Published 12 months ago by Woman, London

1.0 out of 5 stars expensive failure, 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Long Life Lamp Company B22 10 Watt LED Light Bulb 830 Lumens Very Bright Equivalent to 75 Watt Incandescent Replacement, Warm White (Kitchen & Home)

I had hoped that they would last for years as they are not cheap and they come from the 'Long Life Lamp Company'. But an expensive failure.

1.0 out of 5 stars 6 months later it's unusable as it flickers, 17 Sep 2013
Mr. N. Sevani (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Was very happy for the first 6 months. Good light that doesn't need to "warm up" when you initially turn it on. However, 6 months later it now flickers when you initially turn it on. A long slow flicker about one second long each. It lasted a few seconds at first before staying on as normal, but each day or week it got longer and now a month later it now flickers for about 2 minutes before turning on properly. Taken it out now as it's far too annoying.

Waste of 12. A bulb a 10% of this price would have lasted longer. I'll now stick to big brand names like Philips from now on.

2.0 out of 5 stars 10W BC LED Bulbs, 24 Jan 2013
First thing to note is the size of these bulbs, they are huge! This was not a problem however. After a few days use I noticed that both of the bulbs would flicker intermittently for no apparent reason. Eventually the flickering became unbearable. I contacted the seller who sent a returns label and processed a refund. Efficient and prompt seller, unfortunately I was unlucky with the items.

1.0 out of 5 stars Complete failure of three bulbs, 21 Dec 2012
Simon Gardner (UK) - See all my reviews
I'm trying out LED bulbs as I loathe the light from twisted fluorescents. Of the three of these I just bought, one failed within four days.

The other two progressively failed within three months lapsing into an annoying flicker.

This technology is not fit for purpose or these bulbs certainly aren't.

3.0 out of 5 stars At last a bright LED bulb with a BC fitting, but poor reliability, 24 April 2013
Geoff - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
At last LED bulbs are getting bright enough to be comparable to the larger filament bulbs.

Bought two of these, first from Amazon and second from Strictly lamps.

The Amazon one was packed like a Russian doll, inside its own box and then two other boxes. The Strictly one was in its own box and a padded bag.

The second one did not work at all, not a glimmer or flicker, but Strictly promptly replaced it with one that now works fine.

I was very pleased with the brightness of these bulbs, which were being used in a largish garage, but still looking for 100W equivalent bulbs.

These bulbs are large, compared to a standard bulb, so if a smaller size is required then these would not be suitable.

Given the initial failure I wrote the date and supplier on the side of these bulbs to see if they last as long as claimed.

Further note;

After about just three weeks of use, when switched on the first bulb, from Amazon, is now flashing and flickering, but so far settles down after a while. There do appear to be significant quality and reliability problems with these bulbs.

More comments;

After setting out with good hope, after just 6 months the bulb I bought from Amazon just continues to flash on and off several times a second, so is effectively useless. It has certainly not lasted the 35000 hour life claimed for it. When I tried to contact Amazon about this I was not able to do so and also I was not able to return it to them for exchange.

After two failures out of three, I have finally decided that these bulbs are just not up to the job and they are not worth buying (see note below).

There is now a better 11W LED B22 bulb,(LT Lighting 11 Watt LED Light Bulb B22)although currently more expensive, so far they are proving to be more reliable and durable, while producing as much light.

So after my initial enthusiasm, I have now down rated this bulb to 1 star (see note below).

If you are going to buy one, get it from Strictly Lamps, since at least it is then still possible to contact the company about the other lamp if that also stops working, though so far that one is still working fine.

Further Comment

After not getting any response from Amazon, about the bulb they supplied, which failed in 6 month, I wrote directly to Strictly Lamp, reminding of the sale of goods act, who then promptly sent me a replacement.

So I have now installed that, with the date and supplier written on the side, and will see how well that lasts. So far it looks ok, so I decided to upgrade this product back to 3 stars for now.

If this lasts ok, I may consider trying another one, as they are quite a bit cheaper than the nearest equivalent of similar brightness.

4.0 out of 5 stars Large Size, 9 Nov 2012
D. C. Clarke "David C." (England) - See all my reviews
The light output is good but does not seem much greater than a 60 W equivalent LED bulb that I already possess. Because the diameter is greater, the light seems to be spread out over that area. I hope they last as long as predicted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheds a new light!, 10 Jan 2013
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
This is the third different type of LED lamp I have bought. The first thing I'd say about this bulb is that the light output is good - it's the first LED bulb that actually does seem equivalent to its incandescent equivalent, in this case, 75W. The quality of light is good and somehow seems slightly warmer than the other LED bulbs I own. Start-up is for all practical purposes instant as is full luminosity.

The form factor is slightly larger than a conventional bulb with a silver "heat sink" which imparts a futuristic look. The heat sink also serves a practical purpose in that, as other reviewers record, the lamp does run quite hot. Both the slightly larger size and inclination to a high running temperature will make the bulb less suited to some light fittings with limited space and ventilation.

All things considered though this is a very efficient bulb in that it converts 10W of electricity into a very bright light. I wonder if the next stage of development will be to convert some of that superfluous heat into even more light energy? However, by contemporary standards this bulb offers good performance at a bargain price. Recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars dead after three months, 23 Aug 2013
One of these had died after three months. All in all, not really going to save any money on this at all as I expect the whole years possible savings have already been wiped out!
I'd look elsewhere if I was you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Bright - But Unreliable, 17 Jun 2013
I bought a few of these. After only 3 months one of them failed. Amazon provided a replacement the next day (which was excellent service). But the replacement failed after only 10 seconds of use. Amazon quickly provided another replacement. But it lasted only a few days. So, I asked for refund.

However, 3 of these have been working OK now for 5 months.

Despite this, I don't trust them any more and will not be buying them again.

1.0 out of 5 stars FAILED after one year, 25 Jan 2013
I think this bulb has dimmed since first use, it's still a good light and will remain so if it plateaus at the current level. Might buy again depending in how it performs over the next year.

UPDATE 1
-----------

The bulb has really dimmed - the light become bluer and much dimmer since I bought it about a year ago. I cannot recommend this bulb since if it wears out this quickly it's a false economy.

I've replaced with with an EVER Lighting bulb. I have a few of these of a similar age and I haven't noticed this issue, maybe some dimming but nothing really noticeable like this one.

Rating reduced to 2 stars - fairly I think especially from a company calling themselves 'Long Life', yes I suppose the bulb is not technically dead but it's no operating way below it's original specification.

UPDATE 2
-----------

Reduced to 1 star, it has failed completely after about one year. The bulb now flickers randomly on and off, so has become unusable.

So much for 'Long Life'