5.0 out of 5 stars As fabulous as expected
Ordered the full set to get the extra characters. The portal is connected to the wii console via USB cable rather than being wireless, which has good points and bad. You don't need batteries! but although the cable is quite long you do have the limitations of the wire connection.
Published on 1 Dec. 2012 by Debbi

3.0 out of 5 stars Sequel, not equal
Once finished Spryo's Adventure, as a family, we couldn't wait to begin a new chapter in Skylands. However, Giants is a little bit of a let down. No where near as pacy or varied as its predecessor, the game is slow in parts and lacks the adventure element that swept along game one.

The game relies too heavily on the use of the giant characters, which I...
Published on 28 April 2013 by Sarah

5.0 out of 5 stars As fabulous as expected, 1 Dec. 2012
Debbi (Salisbury, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii) (Accessory)
The game is excellent - as expected. My children love the game and really like the giants. They can be quite slow but have the extra power, so they are using their tactical skills to choose who to use when. I am a great fan of skylanders and think their ease of use and expandable levels are a huge leap forward in gaming for novices to become experts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great as a bribery, 26 May 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii) (Accessory)
Bought this for my 11 year old twins ... One is not really in to it but likes it ( but new this would be the case) the other loves it. We use it as if u do that again strategy then we take it off u!! Mean but works!! She loves it but do moniter time spent as its addictive...

5.0 out of 5 stars spot on, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii) (Accessory)
it is for my 9 year olds birthday and he has wanted skylanders for a long time and we are very pleased we got it for him as he has not stoped playing on it and good price

3.0 out of 5 stars Sequel, not equal, 28 April 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii) (Accessory)

The game relies too heavily on the use of the giant characters, which I understand is the point, but at £14.99 each, it's a little difficult to explain to a four year old that Activision wanted to capitalise on the success of Skylanders and force you to buy the most expensive characters! The smaller giants don't fair well at all against their enemies, so without many giants it's a bit of a short game!

The story itself is not as engaging as the first installment, my son himself less inclined to move the episodes on as he did with Spryo, but rather play the 'Skystones' games and dally on these additions.

The new characters have sparked my son's imagination however, as once away from the portal, they do make very good toys with which to create his own gameas!

5.0 out of 5 stars Skylander Giants-Starter Pack (Wii), 5 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii) (Accessory)
I bought this for my Godsons 7th Birthday.....he nearly fell off his chair with excitement when he opened it. A fantastic starter pack with everything you need...Wii game, portal, 3 figures, cards and stickers. It was the cheapest deal I could find both on & off the internet on the 1st May...however bit disappointed that 5 weeks down the line it is already £12.00 cheaper!!! It has been played with nonstop since he received it, as many of his friends also have it and love the whole concept of the game. There are many figures that can be bought individually or in multi packs to accessorize this game, either giants or minis with some lighting up, which he has already done with some of his birthday money...hence an extremely happy young boy. Highly recommended for an action packed game to keep them amused....although I have to say I didn't have a clue what was going on when I joined him for a game...hey ho thats what getting old does for you!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic game for the family, 1 May 2013
C. Taggart (Kingdom of Down) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii) (Accessory)
This is a great game for the Wii.

We got it for our six year old's birthday and he loves it. He and his seven year old sister play the game together and are fascinated by all the characters and their special powers. As we limit their Wii time they also pretend to be the characters and play out adventures using their imagination.

The individual characters make a great present idea for relatives to buy any kid who has this game and I can see these being part of birthday and Christmas presents for years to come - even for Mum and Dad. Our younger children are also keen to help build up the collection of characters so it's a good game for getting the whole family involved.

The game has lots of levels, is fun to play and looks great so I'd thoroughly recommend it.

Amazon had the best deal when we bought this and it was delivered free of charge and free of hassle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant conceptual game(s) for my 7 year old, 19 Feb. 2013
Richard B (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii) (Accessory)
A new take on character games with options to battle each other (several players together) of follow a story mode through worlds and with many interesting enemies and friends along the way. You can buy additional Skylanders at reasonable prices (from £8 each) as rewards or presents or saved pocket money or even bribary (!) and there are lots to collect. Each character has a different set of actions and weapons and there is no visual violence so it is safe for smaller people to play without the worry of unpleasantness. We shop around for extra characters but find that Amazon usually has the combination of average price but with quaranteed supplier performance and delivery. This is worth an extra 50p on occasion. Overall reasonable value for money for a Birthday or Christmas, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 3 May 2013
This review is from: Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii) (Accessory)
I chose this rating because it really is a five star game. the detail not just in gameplay but the actual toys is amazing. Yes, they are expensive, yes, its more for the younger range of people, but it is fun all the same. The only thing i really do despise is the fact that once you are done with the game, you bought all the skylanders and giants for nothing (though i havent come to that yet)
I would recommend this to any spyro/skylander fan. thats it. ENJOY! i know i am going to! especially since i loved the first! better graphics too. oh, one tiny thing im not fond of is the fact that your home world is placed on flynns ship, not in skylands, which i liked to explore in the first game. ANYWHO! i consider buying this alot

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable but the USB lead is archaic, 5 Dec. 2013
T. Robinson (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii) (Accessory)
Bought for my 6 y/o birthday.
I researched in advance if we needed the portal as we already had Spyro's adventure and the research indicated we did - in fact you don't so if you can get the game without then I'd recommend that approach.
If you do want to use the USB lead portal then we found it was a bit of a hassle as we have the console tucked in amongst the various hi-fi elements and the lead would need regular attachment and removal.

The game play (so far) seems simple enough and certainly manageable for my son.

Generally the game is fun to play and the added value of the figures (albeit they are costly) provides an extra dimension that is quite fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and solid construction, 4 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii) (Accessory)
I was a little skeptical about spending out nearly £50 on just one game but, after seeing it in action, I am really pleased. The set up of the game is easy, the portal and the characters appear of decent construction and not likely to fall apart if used sensibly.

I have had a go. Whereas I could not get to grips with Lego games, Skylanders tell me the point of the level I am hoping to clear, give me hints and direction on where to find the prizes and, encourage me to reach my goal. I also found that there was a setting to change the level of difficulty so that as my son and I improve our game, we can move up to being a more experienced player with less help and hints.

Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii)
Skylanders Giants - Starter Pack (Wii) by Activision (Nintendo Wii)