5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with this purchase!
So comfortable and easy to assemble. Above all it is very comfortable and I love the colour and fabric. Suffering from a back injury, I find the chair provides excellent support. Highly recommended.
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Get a different chair.
30/12/2012

PREVIOUS 5* REVIEW DELETED, PLEASE READ THIS UPDATE
---------------------------------------------------------------

I've had the chair over a month now, i've been experiencing severe back pain as a result of sitting on this chair.

Published 21 months ago by Mr. L. Sutton

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with this purchase!, 25 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars An impressively solid and comfortable chair, 14 Feb 2013
That offers tremendous support to the back and thighs. I have found it to be a very comfortable shape. The two lever action for good height adjustment and recline work well. There's a metal bar brace that is attached during assembly, under the seat, that provides a platform to attach the two arm rests. A reassuringly sturdy design.
All in all, its a strong, practical chair with a durable mesh covering the back and seat cushions. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to your work environment, 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: Topstar PO40B2BC5E Point 40 Office Swivel Chair - Green (Office Product)
I'll start by saying that I only received the chair today but am thus far really happy with the quality of the product.

The colour is very vibrant and fits in nicely with all other décor, it was easy to put together and the fit is perfect.

A few months back I bought a chair that was seemingly substandard, as such it has given me pain in my shoulder where bad posture was in place, a sore back and after long periods of sitting a somewhat uncomfortable posterior

Having tried a few different things to change my set up I decided to bite the bullet and get something with a little more quality, having shelled out the cash I am so glad I made that choice.

This being my first day work on it so, 8+ hours sitting at my desk and already, all symptoms have disappeared.

I have seen this chair sell other places for upwards of 100 so snapped when I saw it here for what I paid, 65.

Well worth the money if you spend long hours working at a desk.

5.0 out of 5 stars Topstar Chair, 27 May 2014
Lovely colour.
Picture guidelines were a bit difficult to follow and I had to dismantle it once - second time managed to get it altogether in all the right places and it was really worth it. I have the best chair I have ever owned - it is really comfortable - supports you in all the right places and would certainly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and sturdy chair, 19 Mar 2014
The chair is comfortable and keeps the back in the correct ergonomic position.
The assembly instructions are not entirely clear, but with a little patience and noticing, easy mounts

4.0 out of 5 stars In the groove, 10 July 2012
Mike (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have had this chair since late April 2012, so have given it a thorough testing; especially as I work from my Home Office most days.
The chair arrived promptly and had to be assembled. Being of German manufacture it is well made and comparable with any other high-end chair (no pun intended). There is a general trend nowadays for office chairs to be made with "posture aid" built in. This is some form of shaping that encourages you to sit in the correct position, so as not to get back ache, etc. The Topstar achieves this by having a shaped seat and scalloped back. The first thing I noticed was the raised ridge in the center of the seat that gives credence to the title of this review. As you sit down you are firmly reminded that you have to sit back and centrally. In my opinion Topstar could have made this a little less "firm" but it does do the job and I have used the chair for very long periods of productive time without complain; and more importantly without "dead legs", like you get from many cheaper chairs! The price is very good for this level of quality.

It comes as self-assemble and once out of the very well constructed box you have:
8 Large Parts, 3 Packets of Screws and a set of 4 Casters. The image only instruction sheet was manageable for anyone experienced, though lacking in correct details in some places, but I felt that a novice might not be too sure of assembly procedures, so I have taken the time to put together my own assembly instructions here to accompany the images.

Start with Illustrated Page (on reverse of chair description):
1. Push Castors into Base Sockets.
2. Turn chair base over, onto castors, and place the Gas Ram (green tip at top) into base hole - be careful not to
hit green button!
3. Turn the chair seat over; top or seat on floor.
4. Fit the "flat bar" under the seat base. Screw the longest dark screws into the outer holes of the bar; x2 on each
end. There is no tool provided so I used a Pozi-Driver.
5. Place the section with the levers on so that the "rounded" plastic adjustment knob is at the back; the rounded end of
the seat. Align the rear cross-bar holes with the two rear-most holes in the seat's flat plastic base. Screw the 2
shorter screws into these holes but do not fully tighten them yet. (Figure 2)
Align the front two holes of the front "wing shaped" bar, with number printed on it, to two holes and insert two short
dark screws. Tighten all four screws in turn, part tightening until all are tightened up fully.
6. Place the tubular Gas Ram Cover over the Gas Ram (as shown in Figure 1).
Place the Receiver of seat on top of the Gas Ram - CAREFULLY!
7. Place the long plastic "sleeve" (Figure 3) over the rear of the assembly so the rounded cut-out fits behind the
large plastic adjusting knob.
8. You may need help here. Hold the plastic sleeve in the forward position while you slide the metal "spine" of the chair
back into the sleeve so that end of the spine slots into the receiver on the rear of the base assembly. (I managed this
by myself but it was awkward and you do not want to damage the thin "plastic sleeve".
9. The Topstar instructions do not cover this aspect at all! Armrests. Sit on the chair and slide the armrests over
the protruding bar ends. You will see that in one combination of a possible two, the armrests support your forearms;
longest of the 'V' shaped angles at back. Push these onto the flat bar firmly and then lat the chair on it's back
and screw the armrests into place using the small silver screws. Job done.
10. Sit on the chair, get in the groove and adjust using the levers, to suit your height and back angle.

I would make two further suggestions if you need them:
(A) if, like me, you are not so tall, invest in a foot rest.
(B) Try to sit so that your forearms are parallel to the floor, causing less discomfort. If you need to look at the
keyboard, try to look down your nose, rather than tilting you head which will cause neck ache.
Now, get back to work you lazy so-and-so! :-P

1.0 out of 5 stars Get a different chair., 7 Nov 2012
30/12/2012

PREVIOUS 5* REVIEW DELETED, PLEASE READ THIS UPDATE
---------------------------------------------------------------

I just can't get the correct seating position. The seat and back rest is too firm; you simply can't be comfortable in it.

Oh, and for the squeaking... Whenever it moves (or when I get on it) the chair squeaks incredibly loudly. Not from the gas lift (WD40 Doesn't work on it), but between the screws and the fabric.

I'm returning the chair to Amazon, i'd much rather buy an expensive chair for 140, and actually like it, than buy something like this again.

ONE TIP:
If you buy it, keep the box. Then you're able to return it if need be. (You'll probably want to return it...)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Seat of Productivity, 24 April 2012
Mr. M. A. Reed (Argleton, GB) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A friend of mine refers to chairs as objects of desire, not shiny or glittery, but somehow, soft black holes of all encompassing comfort. "The chair I'm going to die in", she says.

A good chair, even one as apparently mundane as a computer desk chair, is the literal seat of productivity. With these, things get done. Conversations happen. Decisions get made. Lives get changed. A good chair makes it all possible.

Aside from the construction of this chair - it comes part-assembled - the whole sitting business of it is easy. You lower your body on bended knee to fabric and plastic and all of sudden, your bottom rubs a groove into the floor of the chair. Naturally, as you would expect, there are the vaccum powered adjustable heights - up / down! - and swivels and tiltable backrests. You can't adjust the armrests. But aside from that, this is a great chair. Sure, it isn't made out of baby seal pelts or have lasers or, as all princesses have, a removable compartment full of blasters, but then again,that's not what this chair does.. It is comfortable to sit on, and feels almost sexy.

It's not easy to make. These chairs never are. The instructions make Ikea look like Michael Bay in their obtuse design. Even the art, for example, of placing numbers on the steel struts and supports and letters on the screws and nuts and bolts would help immensely. After about an hour of fudging and bodging I finally stopped because I'd got it right : though I reckon you could do this in about 10 minutes if you had a good sense of instructions.

But then, like a masculine form of childbirth, without the blood, the drugs, the screaming or the weird smells, you sit on it. And you forget. Hmm. Comfy. There There. Time for a cup of tea. A nice cup of tea, and a sit down. Before the keyboard warrior in the post industrial economy begins again, greasing the wheels of productivity, and maximising our opportunigoals, in cubicle farms and service centres. Back to work minions! You have nothing to lose but your incredibly comfy chairs.

Oh, and yes, this is a fine chair : comfortable, durable, reliable, and flexible. Probably the best chair I've sat on in 15 years of working for The Man. The seat of productivity.