5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable
Published 19 months ago by Timothy Harmer

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent, but expensive, bluetooth speaker.
Positives
- Good quality sound
- Good connection, never had a drop
- Button to use voice control (eg Siri)
- Looks great

- Lack of bass
-...
Published 9 months ago by mrsmiles

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable, 10 Jan 2013
Since getting a tablet, I had been looking at getting a wireless speaker for it and my phone for a while. I looked at lots and lots of reviews for different speakers. I looked at the Bose Soundlink but it was way too expensive and 200+. The logitech Mini boombox and the UE Mini were firm favourites but I wanted something that produced a decent amount of base. I saw the Jambox and loved it but thought 160 was still quite a lot. Fortunately, it was reduced to 99 after Xmas 2012.

Connection:

Connects easily to both my Asus tablet and HTC phone, I have not tried iphone yet. The first time it took a little while to find the Jambox and took a couple of refreshes on my phone to find it. Once paired, it connects automatically when you turn your bluetooth on to reconnect. Sometimes the connection skips and experienced once the music stopping for no reason but this could be down to Spotify being unreliable.

Sound:

I first got it and played some music. The volume goes loud enough for a room in your house before going on a night out or sitting outside for some easy listening but it wont't be loud enough for a party. The sound quality was good but did still sound like it's coming out of small speakers (only slightly flat). Then I updated the software on Jawbone online portal. The new software feature Live Audio is amazing. You are able to turn it off for more volume and less quality....you will never turn this off because it makes music sound brilliant. It introduces so much depth to the music and makes it astonishing that such good quality music can come out of something so small. (Small enough to chuck in a jacket pocket or small handbag. I use it for taking outside to train and around the house for multi room music. Who needs a Sonos system?)

Battery life is brilliant. seems to go for ages and ages even with Live Audio which I guess would drain more life from the battery.

Accessories:

The extras you get in the box adds that extra level of quality, a case that slips over it to add protection when not using it, a flat aux in cable and charger.

I would recommend going to your local Currys or PC world to try it before spending 160 on it to see if you like it but it's definitely a steal at 99.

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent, but expensive, bluetooth speaker., 31 Oct 2013
Positives
- Good quality sound
- Good connection, never had a drop
- Button to use voice control (eg Siri)
- Looks great

- Not very loud
- Lack of bass
- Expensive
- No skip buttons
- Built in microphone not good at picking up speech

This is a very nice looking piece of gear, that is very portable. Included in the very nice packaged box, is a carrying case, micro USB wire, 3.5mm male to male cable and the Jambox itself.

The carrying case is a very nice touch. the Jambox slips inside with two flaps that are magnetically held to the top. It is a great thing to be included, as it means putting it in a bag you won't be worried about dust and the likes getting inside grills.

The sound of the device is good, with some nice ranges. Listening to anything without much bass and in a quiet environment is an enjoyable experience. However, if any of those two are a requirement, then avoid this speaker. It just simply isn't loud enough. For the money paid, you would expect it to be able at least compete with ambient noise (such as university halls). The bass issues mean listening to certain songs lacks the punch that should be there. I just cannot recommend this speaker for this price with these two main issues. I use it and like it, but it is not worth the money.

The buttons on top are nice, with the main circle button being customisable on using the Jawbone website. You can also change the voices that greet you and sounds made through this website. The Jambox can also be updated, which is a nice touch.
The battery life is good, I can get about 8 hours, and don't have to worry about charging it too much. On iOS there is a battery indicator which is brilliant. In all the time I've used it, there hasn't been a drop in connection and music hasn't skipped.

Some minor niggles; no skip forward or back buttons, meaning you need to have the device playing music near you if you like skipping.
The mic on the device is just awful. I never intended to use this as a loudspeaker so it is a non issue for me, but I tried it a few times and had to hold the speaker at my mouth just so I could be heard.

Summary

A good speaker, with some serious flaws that just aren't worth the price.
I would recommend the Logitech UE Mobile speaker over this, as it is cheaper and from my own listening time with it performs better in louder environments with good bass.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good portable speaker/speakerphone, 28 Aug 2012
I bought the Jambox from the Apple shop to play my music on from my Iphone when on the move.
The audio quality is particularly impressive with live audio enabled and it gives very impressive 3D sound. The only down side of "live audio" is that the maximum volume is rather low possibly although this could be resolved in a future software update. The unit is compact and looks good. My Talk is the PC/Mac software that allows personalisation and updates and this seems to work well with no problems on either Mac or PC. The Bluetooth seems to work fine and the pairing/connection to Iphone and MBA seems solid and reliable. Range is as one would expect.
With a built in microphone it also handle phone calls and the clarity of these is excellent. Connectivity is (apart from the Bluetooth) is via a micro USB socket below the on off switch. There have been some concerns regarding the fragility of this with reports of the socket coming adrift which renders the device useless as it is used for charging. I do not as yet seem to have had this happen to my unit! So, on the good side is the 3d audio quality and the good looks and small size of the unit. On the not so good side is the price, rather a low max volume and reported concerns as to the micro USB socket.
In the box: unit/ case/ USB lead/ wall plug/ audio cable/ Quick start guide.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for on the go, 9 Mar 2014
Eliza Carn (Northumberland, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
really pleased with this, good for listening to music and also audio books, small enough to go in my bag, sound quality so good, have had to buy another two due to family members being so impressed that they've wanted them....

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 April 2013
End user extremely happy! Sound quality great for such a small speaker system, definite recommend to anyone who needs mobile sounds!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best travel speakers yet..., 13 Oct 2012
This review is from: Jawbone Jambox Portable Wireless Speaker/Speakerphone - Red Dot (Electronics)
Lets start with the obvious, it looks cool. When you drop it in a room everyone wants to play with it.

But how does it sound? Well pretty good actually. It is a small speaker but the quality is good. You won't use it when hosting a party, but as a travel speaker it's the best I've ever owned, and I've had lots.

Setting up is a doodle. And to prove point when on a recent weekend away two friends easily connected their iPhones so we could play more than what I had on mine.

They make a claim about battery life and so far I've found it to be true. It outlasts my iPhone and does not need a recharge on a weekend trip. So one less cable to carry.

Last point - it's very robust. The top and bottom are some sort of rubber so you need to throw it against a wall to damage it. Probably not advisable though!!

And the last last point, for best sound put it on a solid surface near a wall..

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sound and easy set up, 24 April 2014
M. S. Coughlan (Ireland) - See all my reviews
Came to this when QVC would not deliver a similar product to Ireland. I'm very happy that I bought the Jambox instead. Sound is excellent for the size. Long battery life. Bluetooth setup was a doddle. Very pleased with the product. The hands free phone facility works well. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Speaker, 7 Jun 2013
Purchased this on recommendations from a friend, worth every penny.

Hooks up to iphone/ipad with ease, delivers great sound and likeother reviews have said the sound is very impressive for the size.

This is not to replace a larger dock, but for portability/travel/bbq's this cannot be beaten.

You will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jawbone, 30 Sep 2012
Bought this for my husband after seeing our sons, excellent service especially when a high street giant couldn't be bothered to take security tag off for us to listen to. At least ordering this way no quibble to return if not satisfied. My husband tends to use all over the house ie bathroom, office and any trip we make. an excellent sound for such a compact speaker. Recommend for all music lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... office - we can now stream music from everyone's smart phone or tablet so there is no complaining over ..., 6 Aug 2014
Bought this for our office - we can now stream music from everyone's smart phone or tablet so there is no complaining over playlist. We can also move the speaker around the room so that if someone doesn't want to be sat next to it, again no problem. It has been easy to show the whole team (not all tech minded) how to pair their device via bluetooth with the Jambox. I expect even a young kid would be able to work this out easily. The sound on Jambox speakers is unbelievable and with the rubber top and base, they are pretty tough and can stand the rough and tumble. As they are chargeable, they could go with you to the park or wherever.