5.0 out of 5 stars good read
I like to read books with a little bit of magic in them... I often buy books and don't finish them.
I read this in 2 days. I like the characters and their relationships and I like the way it is written. We are shown what the characters are like through what they do, made it a pleasant read.
Published 15 months ago by Bibs

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and engaging
Its a good tale, and I really liked it but I think it is trying to catch onto the tail-coat of a certain other young wizard - I won't mention the series of books I mean.

Published on 16 Oct 2012 by Geoffrey Harrison

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and engaging, 16 Oct 2012
This review is from: Wizard Born: Book One of the Wizard Born Series (Kindle Edition)

At first it looks like a clone of others in this genre and could be accused of being a similar concept to them, but this is different. There is no concept of a magic system, known the authorities but hidden from the public. The magic comes from another world entirely.

Why only three stars?

The book is very slow to start, I found it irksome at times to have to go through the life of the protagonist from birth to teenager in large leaps between chapters.

Despite the slow start, it is a good portrayal of characters. The leads are strong (again similarities will be drawn to others) and the minor characters are engaging.

The antagonist is a bit of a cardboard cut-out though with not much of the tale looking at him. Probably 10 to 20% of the story is all on the antagonist with no interaction with the protagonist at all. In fact there are times when I did think about where this story was going.

Overall I liked it. The ending felt rushed given the slow start and meandering towards teenage years, but it was satisfying. Not sure how there can be more in the series given this is labelled as Book 1 of the Wizard Born Series.

3.0 out of 5 stars childrens wizard, 4 Jan 2014
After completing all three books I would recommend these to children for easy reading and mild entertainment. If I had read the description properly I would never have bought them to read as an adult.

4.0 out of 5 stars A really enjoyable book, 3 Oct 2013
I read this over two days. It was an unusual story. The pace was a little odd and kept up throughout the book without varying which made it seem quite odd. I will definitely read more.

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 1 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Wizard Born, 22 Jan 2014
mary henry (lincolnshire ,England) - See all my reviews
A very addictive read once you start you can not put it down a well thought out plot and a real good lazy day book . Would definitely reread it and any other in the series a must read book for anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever story, 14 Jan 2014
This was a great read fully taking me in & capturing my interest. There are only so many versions of a plot that I often guess where films & books are going very early on, not on this occasion an excellent book which I thoroughly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars wizard Born, 11 Oct 2013
Bette boo (Leicester UK) - See all my reviews
Enjoyed this book I will read more of them I sure my grandchildren would love this book. May be Xmas presents

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
Great read

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 27 May 2014
This book kept my attention ,I could not put it down. The people in the book were so likeable .the whole story was good

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely story, 23 May 2014
I put this book on my tablet for my grandchildren to read when they came to visit, I always read their books first to ensure they are suitable, I enjoyed it that much I have downloaded the other two in the set,obviously it is a very easy read but its worth giving it a go as there are definately times when that is what you need to relax you ( especially after plowing through Game of Thrones )