‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality cocoa powder, 9 Dec 2012
Charles - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Callebaut cocoa powder - 1kg bag (Misc.)
The packaging for this product is a bit odd, it comes in a box filled with macaroni shape styrofoam type padding much like you would expect if buying electrical goods which led me to think I had been sent the wrong thing! Some of the reviews on the American amazon complain the packaging is flimsy and had bust open on delivery which I think explains the styrofoam used here.

I mix this with sugar and milk to make hot chocolate which is probably a terrible waste of such fine chocolate but that is the limit of cooking abilities.

This is very high quality cocoa powder and a must for chocoholics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Callebaut cocoa powder - 1kg bag, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: Callebaut cocoa powder - 1kg bag (Misc.)
I have bought it second time. This is very tasty cocoa; best I have tried. Since I don't like adding sugar, I prefer to buy cocoa and make a chocolate drink myself dark or with milk, or to use in baking. I hope that this product always will be available from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Cocoa, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: Callebaut cocoa powder - 1kg bag (Misc.)
The best way to buy cocoa is like in huge amounts like this 1 kilo bag. I have always bought little jars but I needed to make a quantity of truffles so this was the best buy for that type of thing and will be excellent at Christmas when you are making sweet gifts. Very nice quality too.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only cocoa for me!, 29 July 2014
This review is from: Callebaut cocoa powder - 1kg bag (Misc.)
I bake a lot, especially Brownies (see Nigella's kitchen brownie recipe fabulous!) which meant I was going through the small tubs of cocoa available from the supermarket every 2 batches! So I looked to Amazon for bulk! Callebaut has a fantastic reputation for a reason: their chocolate is divine! Both smell & taste are far superior to Green & Blacks or Bournville, plus this works out much cheaper. It's best to keep the op ended bag in a sealed container, as not only does this keep it fresh, but cocoa powder has a habit of getting everywhere and can stain, particularly clothing. I have mine in a Tilda rice tin ( it's the perfect size & no need to decant!!!). Wouldn't use any other cocoa now, this is by far the best I've tried & I'm still on my first bag. If you bake a fair amount this is a good investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 5 July 2013
This review is from: Callebaut cocoa powder - 1kg bag (Misc.)
This powder is very rich. Perfect for the serious baker, cocoa drinker, or chocolate maker.

Combined with cocoa butter, xylitol, vanilla, and some lecithin, this makes a sugar free chocolate tastier than some of the best store bought products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthier option and lasts forever, 1 July 2014
This review is from: Callebaut cocoa powder - 1kg bag (Misc.)
This bag contains enough raw cocoa powder for dozens and dozens of hot chocolate drinks. Raw cocoa powder is stronger than I thought so I only need a very small teaspoon serving to flavour food and drink. This makes it extremely good value as it will last for months for these uses.

if you're new to raw cocoa powder you should note that it's more bitter than typical off the shelf chocolate but it's way healthier and I got used to the taste very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars great chocolate, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Callebaut cocoa powder - 1kg bag (Misc.)
the reviews looked good so I thought that I would try it out.I am very pleased with the product.The delivery was on time and the price about right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: Callebaut cocoa powder - 1kg bag (Misc.)
This stuff tastes SO good! Quite pricey but definitely worth it! I use it to make hot chocolate to really feed my chocolate cravings!

4.0 out of 5 stars good stuff!, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Callebaut cocoa powder - 1kg bag (Misc.)
well done Callebaut - also very healthy product!
Will buy again in the future.
Would be interesting to know the origin of the cocoa though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cocoa time, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Callebaut cocoa powder - 1kg bag (Misc.)
As per other reviews, what a lot of packaging. Can understand why after opening the packet - it does tear easily. Product itself is good quality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›