5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, Informative and Fun!
Published 22 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice looking, but not consistent
This is a lovely looking book. The majority of pictures make the sign quite obvious, but also there are many I don't 'get'. And, frustratingly, not all the signs are the same as other sources (such as the signing our local children's centre uses, or Mr. Tumble), so you're options are either (a) to use the ones in this book & be different or (b) use different signs for...
Published 23 months ago by Kan

5.0 out of 5 stars Effective, Informative and Fun!, 13 Sep 2012
This review is from: Baby Signing with Rollo Bear: British Version: BSL Version (Kindle Edition)
I considered learning baby sign language when my son was born, but I didn't really know much about it, so decided not to pursue it. I should have read this book first. It is not unnecessarily long, which I appreciated - when you've got a busy baby on your hands, who wants to read a lengthy instructional book? There is a small but adequate amount of information about the concept of baby sign language at the beginning, so it gives the reader an overview of what it's all about without going too in-depth. But what I liked the best were the bears - the author uses cartoon pictures of bears to show basic communication signing that babies commonly use to express their wants. By using the bears rather than just a simple drawing of a hand, it acts as a reminder to the reader of why he or she is taking the time to learn simple sign language - for their child's sake. Even though my son is now five, those bears still kept me turning the pages to try out all the different signing commands. Innovative and fun. I definitely recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Signing With Rollo Bear is a brilliant book!!, 23 Oct 2012
I teach young learners English as a second language.
After reading Baby Signing with Rollo Bear, I can teach my groups of pre-learners, starters and young learner all the basic building blocks: the alphabet, colors, days of the week...with signing to bridge the language barrier and to help accelerate classroom learning. This book gives me materials. I can adapt for the bear puppet, I already use in class to help elicit speech from the students. Now Rollo has taught my bear new tricks. Baby signing is a new tool for the classroom. And also at home with my granddaughters. They are at that age between baby and school where they have a frustrating time communicating their thoughts and needs. For a parent (or grandparent) and child to be able to communicate well, creates a bonding experience. Children who have their needs met are less frustrated, cry less and have accelerated verbal language skills and show an interest in books from an early age.

Baby signing With Rollo Bear should be included with the gift products sample packs given to mothers of newborns in the hospital. And included in kindergarten training programs. And as a coursebook and reference book for ESL teachers. Of all the resources for young children I have read this year, this would be my must read choice. A brilliant book, well written, beautifully illustrated. I highly recommend it to all Mum's dad's grandparents, teachers and caregivers of children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple Signing with Rollo, 6 Feb 2011
I had seen something on TV about babies learning to sign, so I got this book as a gift for my friend and her one year old.

We found the illustrations easy to follow and the book easy to use. Baby liked Rollo Bear, and with a bit of practice, he managed to understand where this was all going! We were surprised and delighted that he has started to sign for `drinks' and `biscuits' so far. Mum has downloaded the free nursery rhymes from the website, which helps Baby to learn more signs, and both of them continue bonding and learning together. I really would like to say that overall,Baby Signing by Kiddisign - British Version is a cute book; its engaging to work with and a very worthwhile buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bear signs, 28 Feb 2011
Absolutely adore this bear. This book is making it really easy for us to learn with our baby. Quite enjoyed using the downloads on their website. You can learn a few signs then do the song so it makes you remember them more easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Rollo, 28 Feb 2011
This bear is just so cute! This book is great - my daughter Amy is picking up the signs really quickly and she just loves Rollo Bear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic signing book, 27 Feb 2011
We love using this book - very easy to use, clear signs and instructions and free downloads from Kiddisign's website for the nursery rhymes to practice. They also have a free signing video online so you can see it in reality before you start. A really good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy mummy, 23 Jan 2014
this book is great! just what i needed to help my little one, like the away the bears sign easy to understand and little ones takes so much notice when is bear envolved.
As my little one doesnt interact with paper books i found great that could get on my tab to dowload.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brililant little book for those early signers, 30 July 2013
I have bought this book four times now for various friend's babies. I am in the middle of learning BSL myself (stage 2) and so really relished the thought of babies learning from such a young age. The book helps parents teach their children the basics of Sign Language which helps because a baby can sign before they can talk in a lot of cases. It gives parents the chance to know and understand what their baby needs/wants (food, sleep etc) even when they're not yet able to talk.

I love the little bear pictures and most are very clear as they have wording alongside to explain the action however my only concern is that because of the size of the bear's hands - some are a little less clear than others which can lead to incorrect signs being used however that might just be me! This is the reason I haven't given 5 stars.

However - I would absolutely recommend this to any parent wanting to start teaching the basics of British Sign Language to their new babies - they can learn from around 3 months old and it will give them an excellent foundation either to carry on learning (perhaps you could consider a baby signing class when they're a little older) or just to make sure they know how to communicate with you even without being able to speak.

An absolutely must for any new parents and I will continue to purchase for all my friends who appear to be baby factories at the moment :)

5.0 out of 5 stars very helpful, 22 Mar 2013
I missed out on attending a baby signing course so when I found this I was over the moon. It has exactly what I needed in and was good value for money. Would recommend to any new parent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Signing With Rollo Bear is a brilliant book!, 11 Sep 2012
I teach young learners English as a second language.After reading Baby Signing with Rollo Bear, I can teach my groups of pre-learers, starters and young learner all the basic building blocks: the alphabet, colors, days of the week...with signing to bridge the language barrier and to help accelerate classroom learning.

This book gives me materials I can adapt for the bear puppet, I already use in class to help elicit speech from the students. Now Rollo has taught my bear new tricks.