Format: DVD|Change

on 6 July 2015
Bought this film as was due to see the second one and wanted to know what I was getting myself in for. I liked the 'dances' or 'routines' in the film. The kid was fit and Tatum is fit but overall the story is a bit blah.
Tatum has saved all this money and just gives it away and doesn't seem too bothered. Also the kids sister doesn't stop her brother in the end and doesn't seem bothered that he is doing what he is doing.
After a while the dancing is the same, just gyrating and a few humps. I would hate to go to a club like that! What makes me laugh is that women can scream over some pecs and abs, while men need actual strippers! To make this film better would be to go all out and show us all. What's more beautiful than the human form...... :)
on 20 March 2016
This was the treat for the other half and clearly appealed to her. I actually found the movie totally watchable and indeed watched the next film based on this one. Win win really, great boyfriend brownie points and not a bad watch.
on 12 April 2015
Overrated and there is no real story for you to get into. Yes Mike has financial issues holding him back from doing what he would really like to with his life, but why is not explained. There is no tangible chemistry between him and the love interest introduced, and he seems to do an incredibly selfless act for a person he doesn't seem to care about and then it's explained for this love interest, for no apparent reason - realistic? No. Romantic? No.
on 21 September 2015
Arrived on time as stated and packaged well. I bought this so I have the two Magic Mikes as I have pre ordered for November. Classic smiley film with as good feel good factor. Magic Mike XXL is better!
on 9 January 2015
This DVD is entertaining enough if you want a bit of escapism. The plot won't change your life or challenge you nor will it get you thinking, but it is a good film if you need cheering up. The dancing is great, as are the men in it. Not one I would watch with my husband however - more of a group of women together.
on 29 August 2015
Sound quality is bad, lots of mumbling and couldn't understand much of what was going on. There might have been a plot, but it really really didn't matter because there's Channing Tatum and Alex Pettyfer getting their kit off. Pause. Rewind.
on 7 August 2012
Ok so if you want a film with a great story don't bother because there is no story to this film hense the 3 star but who cares about a good story when you got channing tatum, matt bomer and many other guys stripping?? Exactly you don't so story I rate this 3 star, stripping 10
on 24 March 2013
A masterpiece of its own and in the making, The presentation and showing is excellent, not rude but enjoyable at the same time enticing you to watch, keeps you glued to the seat waiting for what is next. Male strippers who wouldn't watch now lets face it, we are all human. Channing and the cast do a fabulous job playing their roles, who push it to the limit. Want more hints, well okay just one more, the dancing is fantastic and with the story being just as great. Now everyone can learn from this movie, what you want to learn is your business. Full on entertainment for young and old. I rated this an A grade plus ideal for sitting putting you feet up with the popcorn relaxing to something very different with plenty of things going on so you wont have to much time for anything else. So see for yourself and be the judge you won't be disappointed. So get started and enjoy.
on 28 January 2013
Firstly this isnt a rom com or an american version of the full monty [ thank god ] or even a cheesey hen party film . This is a rather indy take on men struggling as being male strippers . Matthew McConaughey is excellent [ never thought I would say that] yes excellent as the older club owner [ rather as Reynolds was in Boogie nights ] but unlike Boogie Nights this films sells its self short for going for the 15 certificate ; the dancing is quite tame and you dont exactly get to see alot ; I guess this is why it does really please the audience fully [ a stripper has to tease but untimately to strip]. Enjoyed the wrong side of the tracks / druggy/ scummy story line but the sound quality is terrible and some of the sets have a very cheap feel to them . I guess not Soderberghs finest but maybe this will stick around and become a guilty pleasure cult classic [ as Show girls or Dancing at the blue iguana ] .
on 25 February 2014
Loved the music and dancing..... or grooving, what ever you want to call it..... phew! Sponge me down with a cold wet cloth...ha ha..... The sound could have been better though, as one had to concentrate really hard on any speech.... although this film could get by just with the sound turned off for the most part. The story line was different to what I had expected, although I am not sure what I really expect, other than great dancing.... phew again.... Well worth a view, even if its only once.