4.0 out of 5 stars Magic Matt more like
To all heterosexual men...get past the whole 'I can not put myself through this because its men in thongs dancing so it must make me something i am not' approach..and you may just find yourself engrossed in a light, art disguised as a frothy blockbuster little drama with lashings of surreal and hilarious comedic moments. The dance scenes are, not only expertly shot from...
Published 20 months ago by Mr. A. J. Richards

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish
I bought this as a christmas present for my sister, thinking that the three of us could sit down for some sister time and watch a film that none of our partner's wanted us to watch. Although it is funny at times, i got bored and ended up leaving the room to go find something more interesting. Hopefully my sister's enjoyed it more than me.
Published 14 months ago by x Rose Red x

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 July 2014
L. B. Latham - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magic Mike [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Very good thank you from les

3.0 out of 5 stars Tacky but beautiful, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: Magic Mike [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Oh dear I saw this at the cinema and thoroughly enjoyed it but that could have been because of the wine we drank before. So I bought the DVD, not too pricy and sat down to relive the experience. Oh dear .........

3.0 out of 5 stars Good moments, silly plot, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Magic Mike [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
A good movie with a few laughs and scenes. However, as much as i adore channing tatum, this movie didnt really make sense. At all. I dont like the fact that men and women are looked at like animals. Yes this is a stripper film but i didnt realise it would be as explicit as i thought. The film was building up to something big and interesting but it just ended with the credits :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Without magic. A sad male flesh and without light., 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: Magic Mike [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Pick at random less than a handful of men between 20 and 30 years, as found in myriad fitness clubs. Teach them quickly, a few basic gestures choreography the lesser of fitness classes starting. The parties a little more complicate take a specialist for double (although bonus ensure that the "actors" perform their own choreography more complex anything, it is so poorly shot that you can but be sure of the contrary). Teach them especially to undo a stroke zipp their pants to appear in thong. In any case, it is almost useless, because even before they appeared topless as female clients of the shabby box where they occur are already screaming the most hysterically. And the film, directed especially to an audience as immature as the client of the box to make the most possible entries, must have less risk of censorship. And scarcely have they unzipped their pants, that our "dancers" disappear. Just the time to give us some obscenities as shake their buttocks less appetizing than a flan for dessert, or have grazed their sex wrapped the face of the lady they overlook for whom they have no attention: they are busy throwing glances accomplices to the room to find other victims who soothe their hysterical by sticking a few dollar bills in their underpants. U.S. diversion, vulgar and obscene of a greater tradition of bellydance. Except that the oriental ritual takes place in a different tempo, with another technique, the art of eroticism much more developed. Place all in a scenario that is three lines, with characters without consistency. And where sex scenes are reduced to heads barely glimpsed in a red or blue light. Place all in a scenario that is three lines, with characters without consistency. And where sex scenes are reduced to heads barely glimpsed in a red or blue light. In short everything is false, summary, sloppy, and the director emphasizes the disgust on this falsehood. Result :difficult to do more boring than that. That did not stop the film pick up more dollars than those slipped in the briefs of all stripteasers. The moral of all this: to get rich, be mediocr. It says a lot about the times we live..

1.0 out of 5 stars A turn on? - not for me I'm afraid., 5 Sep 2013
This review is from: Magic Mike [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
I must disagree with the majority of reviewers. If you find the likes of Katie Price sexy, and guys thrusting their hips mindlessly to be 'hot', then you will love this, but I found it frankly, a big turn off. I must mention that I am not a prude -but a very sexy woman who loves erotica and sex scenes in general! As far as the plot goes - superficial in the extreme - and due to the actors gabbling very fast, I couldn't understand half of what they said... - I kept going back to try again, but still missed ther meaning mostly. I didn't quite watch it to the end (got very bored), but watched 95%, so maybe I missed what made it all worthwhile, but from what I saw - don't waste your money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 10 July 2013
j khan (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magic Mike [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I order this film and it was good... 12 more words required but its a film so dont know what can b a long review

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot hot hot, 23 Jun 2013
This review is from: Magic Mike [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Video was exactly what I expected. Delivery was right on time and of course the movie was hot, hot, hot! Thank you, men of Magic Mike!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good DVD - bit of fun, 14 Jun 2013
Mrs. Margaret R. Cape (Mousehole Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magic Mike [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Loved the story and the storyline was funny - shall watch this again and again - good fun and a pick me up.

5.0 out of 5 stars xmas gift, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Magic Mike [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
got this for my niece for xmas, only problem i had, was resisiting the temptation to open it, watch it, and keep it for myself

2.0 out of 5 stars I cannot understand all the good reviews, 13 April 2013
C. Jensen (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magic Mike [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Based on all the good reviews I had expected this movie was going to be a lot better. Well the actors are handsome, the plot is ok and the coreography presented was well thought. But what really impaired the enternainment factor, in my opinion, was the bad acting and the constant use of the f-word (really, it was extreme). Adding insult to injury, some scenes just felt vulgar.

Some professional reviewers mentioned this movie was hilarious. I don't agree. This movie is more of a drama than comedy.

Well, if you really want to see what the fuss is all about, then I have to say: if you can get past the initial 12 minutes of this film, then things get a bit better (the acting improves a tad and becomes bearable and the tempo changes as the strip performances appear).

Magic Mike [DVD] [2012]
Magic Mike [DVD] [2012] by Steven Soderbergh (DVD - 2012)
3.00