Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

on 16 July 2013
Very reasonably priced model of monitor - set up and works well, LED back-lit so should be cheap to run - display is clear and crisp - only thing it doesn't do is adjust up and down on the stand, but I knew that before buying!
on 31 May 2013
This monitor is ridiculously cheap but that shouldn't make you weary! It's a fantastic screen crystal clear image an no dead pixels, I i had the money i'd probably buy another for my duel screen!

As some people have said it is a little bright but when you get it it is set to 100 i've put it down to 80 and it's fine for me, I also just came from a 6 year old monitor which wasn't the best coloration nor HD so thats another reason it probably feels bright to me, but personally i don't find it a problem.

Great monitor, great quality and aesthetically pleasing.

I would recommend!
on 11 August 2013
Value for money in respect of the screen size, but that's it really.
The field of view is very limited. When using it purely as a screen for spreadsheets, documents etc. whilst sitting directly in front of it - it seems OK.
Using it to watch any online streaming video/film when sitting away from the monitor is another matter.
No height adjustment makes it difficult to achieve an ideal viewing angle and height.It is also difficult to get the colour/contrast/brightness adjusted and balanced - to my taste at least.....
on 10 December 2013
We've bought 5 of these for our office and they are absolutely great. Normally used in tandem with a smaller screen as we are web designers and have lots of apps open, but a great value screen, really good definition and accurate colours. No quibbles at all.
on 15 October 2013
Its ok for a second monitor. I've got a dual monitor setup with this monitor relegated to the secondary monitor, I wouldn't want it to be primary monitor. The main gripe is the limited vertical viewing angle, horizontal is fine, but there's a noticeable drop off in contrast even at 10 degrees higher or lower. If you lift your head the contrast becomes washed out, lower it and it becomes darker. There is even a noticeable difference in contrast from the top part of the screen to the bottom due the difference in angle to the eye. That said, its cheap so what can you expect.
on 20 March 2013
Swapped for an LG IPS monitor brilliant colour and general picture.
The Samsung had a very good picture but was very angle of view dependent.
on 24 September 2013
Slight disadvantage, as the stand is not adjustable, so I had to put some books under to raise it up.
The screen itself is brilliant
on 13 February 2013
Good monitor. I think this is a monitor you can rely on. The colors are good, the contrasts okay and the charpness is fine.
on 28 March 2014
"I chose this Monitor because I still happily own two of the older generation Syncmasters. When i opened the Box I was impressed by the lightness and compactness of the technology. I was however confused by the size of the screen. I then realised that a 24" widescreen format would have to be shorter in height than a conventional monitor. Doh!
I then assembled and fitted the very light and simple stand.To my disappointment *see below*, the screen appears to lean forward fractionally. The end result is I have to have the Unit raised by some 3" off the top of my Desk for my eyes be inline with the centre of the screen. I also have to tilt it backward so that the picture does not wash out which I find really strange as the lateral viewing angle is very forgiving. I did read that the stand had no adjustment in some of the previews but very few people seem to find it a problem.
The Build quality is Good although some of the screen side moulding seams are suprisingly sharp. For the price I suppose I should be happy however the cons outweigh the pros imo!"

Amendment:
To my total embarrassment I have discovered, well after the event(Today 20/Jan/2015)that the screen does tilt adjust to a rather amazing degree. I have had this reliable,low priced and simple to operate monitor running for almost a year now and have had No problems at all. Apologies to Samsung but basic instructions would have helped me save face.
on 19 August 2013
Bought in a rush from a special offer as the back light on my original monitor was failing it arrived the next day and was well packed and protected. The touch buttons for the controls are great, no more trying to find or press the tiny things that usually pass for buttons these days. Once adjusted, very easy, the colours and image were great for playing videos from on demand sources. Only one criticism, the viewing angle is fairly critical and the image becomes washed out once you go beyond that angle, but all in all a good buy.