Size: 2X-Large|Change
Price:£23.00+ Free shipping

Whilst browsing through Warehoese Deals, I spotted this Doggy Mac at a brilliant price. Maisy, our v petite Irish Border Collie, needed a summer mac.

It is great. Easy to put on and keeps a lot of the underside of her dry too. When she went out in it today, the rain was more than a light shower, it was quite heavy. It does say it would fit a Springer Spaniel, but I would doubt that. Maisy is smaller than a Springer (she was probably the runt of the litter, + being a rescue stray from Ireland she is small) and this mac is a little bit short along the back on her.

Very well made though, as are all House of Paws products.

To put in the carry bag, turn the attached bag inside out, fold the mac into it and zip up. There is a little wrist strap on it, so easy to carry when needed. When the mac is on your dog, this zip up bag is on the back of the mac and is then handy for putting in a poo bag or two.

There is a little hood which is adjustable, but I was not able to try with Maisy as she would not stand still enough for me to sort out. I have 1 arm plastered with a fractured wrist, so I was not able to persist with it. I think it could be useful though, particularly for the long eared breeds, like Springers, to keep them cleaner whilst sniffing around.
on 2 December 2014
This is the second of these coats we have bought - the Velcro on the last one was narrower and eventually came off, (after considerable use). On the latest coat the velcro is wider and will take being pulled apart much better I think. It's the perfect coat for wet grass or wet days when it's not cold. The fabric is pliable and unlined, just like modern waterproofs for people, so it doesn't rustle and it's not stiff, which dogs hate. I don't like the hood or the unnecessary pocket on the back so I docked a star. The hood should be changed for a collar that would keep the ruff dry. I stuff the hood under the back of the coat. No dog would want that over its ears so that it can't hear properly. I wouldn't want to be without it tho.
on 11 December 2015
A really lovely, quality item. Comes lovely packaged, once out of the post bag. Fits my little 5kg dog perfectly (size 12.) I was looking for something I can put on him when the weathers wet but not cold, this is great for that. I only wish there was a little more coverage underneath, where the straps are, but that's nothing new. (he needs tummy protection, just because he's so close to the ground, his underneath gets very wet and often muddy. Otherwise, it's a really useful little Mac, the hood has a press stud to the back, so it doesn't blow around his face, which I like. But if you were using the hole for a lead attachment; not sure if you could secure the hood or not.
on 29 December 2015
Bought it in XL for my setter. That was clearly a mistake. It is worn by a small cooker spaniel now. But the jacket it self clearly does the job because the dog stayed dry and can still move without anything annoing her. And a little extra on top - she looks really cool with it.
on 14 January 2014
This is a good idea, but so difficult to put on our Border Terrier..The fastenings are far too complicated when trying to dress a wriggling dog
on 9 May 2015
Very lightweight. Could do without the hood, eventhough it looks cute when on!
on 28 December 2014