Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more

on 10 August 2012
Love this radio! I got this for a camping trip and I'm so pleased with it. It's not bulky at all and is very easy to use. It has 2 dials on the side. One is on/off/volume, and the other is the tuning button. With the ariel extended it picks up the radio stations immediately (am and fm). The clarity is excellent, with no white noise interference. When not in use I just leave it on the window ledge to re-charge. Alternatively you can use the winding arm or the USB cable to charge it up - no batteries needed! It's also a handy size -it fits neatly into my rucksack pocket and doesn't take up too much room. I definately reccommend it.
on 16 September 2013
Didn't expect great things from the radio, but the sound quality/reception is good and the volume allows for it to used quite adequately in the workshop and garden. The solar power aspect is an added bonus. Recommended.
on 21 August 2012
I bought this radio for a camping trip. It's compact, light and easy to pack. It was very reassuring to know it would always work at any time, with a quick turn of the handle. The clarity of sound is excellent - no crackling at all ! Back home in the garden, just put the radio in the sun, and let solar power do the work for you, for continuous sound. A very versatile radio !
on 7 February 2014
A great little radio that charges up on even the dullest days but the protection on the solar strip is difficult to see and maybe the cause of some critical comments.
It sits on my bathroom window and will cost less in six months than the batteries for my dab radio.
on 4 June 2014
In the pack you get the radio itself & a USB to microUSB cable for charging.

Specs (as quoted in user guide): -1 minute of winding gives approx. 20 minutes of playback time
-Takes 20-30 hours of solar charging to be fully charged
-Takes 6-8 hours of charging via USB to be fully charged
-When fully charged, playback time is 7 hours
-Outer material is rubberised (giving the radio a bit of splash protection)

Upon receiving the radio, I was initially surprised at the size of it (very small!) and worried that the sound output from the speakers would be a little tinny - charged it up via a USB mains charger for approx. 6 hours and played the radio. Much to my relief, it picked up stations well for both FM/AM & the sound output was decent (it's not hi-fi quality but then again you can't expect that with a radio at this size & price).

Dinky size is ideal when you're doing outdoor activities & the radio is pretty much self-sufficient if you fully charge it via USB beforehand and allow the solar panel to trickle charge it [solar charging doesn't happen on really cloudy days but works fine for average/sunny days]

Ultimately, the unit is very portable, seems to be durable (will have to re-review it after a couple of months) and the sound quality is relatively good - plus at this price it undercuts many other radios & will hopefully pay for itself due to solar panel/winder.

*As a side note, I really think that if companies are to market their products as "Eco-friendly" then the materials used to manufacture the product & the packaging should conform to the same 'Eco-friendliness'*
on 15 August 2014
This small radio is excellent. Three methods of charging the internal battery, a soft protective covering and an extendable aerial which can be placed in any position and does not require being fully extended most of the time, are some of the good features. It receives AM and FM radio stations equally well. The tuning is quite sharp which is also aided by the tuning knob being positive with no sloppiness in rotation. .[This last also applies to the volume/ on-off switch which rotates anti-clockwise]. There is a tuning led which glows maximum when directly on a station - but your ear will tell you when. Sound through the speaker [non stereo] is good for this small a radio but I normally use it with a cheap pair of headphones with a resultant improved sound. I haven't tried charging the battery from a lap-top and I haven't had to use the wind function although I have proved that it works well.
When not in use I leave the radio.on the inside window ledge of my living room which is rarely in direct sunlight for long. A second led indicates when the battery is fully charged.
I have used this radio, while relaxing in the garden, over a number of weeks for up to three hours at a time without any need for the wind-up function. Plenty of AM and FM stations
are available and once correctly tuned there is no drift off the station.

This compact well designed radio is highly recommended and very good value for money.
I love it!
on 15 December 2013
Provides a way of listening to the radio without electricity - ideal for the allotment.. Very good value for money
on 17 May 2014
Very disappointed in this. Could not get radio 4 at all in spite of following winding instructions carefully. The reception was terrible. I ended up giving it away. What annoys me is that I read a very favourable review that influenced me. It said the reviewer could get all stations he wanted. This is not true! Total waste of money!!!
on 22 May 2013
Bought this as a back-up radio as we've had quite a few planned day-long power cuts recently. As we live in a very rural area with poor FM signal we normally use a wi-fi internet radio but this obviously doesn't work when the power is off. It can be a long day without the radio hence this purchase. It worked straight out of the packaging and I managed to tune in the stations I usually listen to (Radio 2 & 4) with no problem - the reception is far better than that I usually get on my main set as it's easier to position in a suitable space. I keep it on the kitchen windowsill and it is so far problem free. A small, compact size, feels solid and excellent as a spare.
on 19 March 2013
If I'd been writing this review a week ago I'd say this radio is good quality for the price, has excellent recharging facility (solar and winding), is nice handy size, and has decent enough reception and sound quality (slightly tinny but not annoyingly so). But this week the tuner knob has been gradually getting more difficult to turn, and now ir barely turns at all and when it does the tuner indicator does not move- i.e. I can't tune it any more, so it's basically defunct. Pity - will have to look for another model as wouldn't buy this again in case same fault occurred.