5.0 out of 5 stars A first-rate summary of Odent's birthing philosophy, 30 Mar. 2007
I have followed over the years Odent's radical - revolutionary! - ideas relating to how the child-birthing process has gone wrong in the Western world. But this book is the first clear overview of his thinking that I have come across. Here, he describes very succinctly the reasons why most medical interventions in the pregnancy/birthing process are misconceived - and often downright dangerous. Anyone looking for scientific backup for their instincts to keep away from hospitals, tests, etc. should read this book. It is one of the most sensible, level-headed and far-reaching works on the subject I have read, suitable for the average reader as well as medical professionals! Thanks Michel.

5.0 out of 5 stars very interesting, 30 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Birth and Breastfeeding: Rediscovering the needs of women during pregnancy and childbirth (Kindle Edition)
I am already interested in physiological childbirth and found this an extremely interesting and well written addition to what I had already read by Ina May Gaskin and the other promotors of active and natural child birth. I wholeheartedly wish that some of the ideas contained within this book become part of the mainstream thinking within future maternity care. As things are at the moment I am definitely in the minority wanting to birth my children without interference in the litigious society we currently live in.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 3 Mar. 2013
This book was recommended to me by a friend who is also my chiropractor. It is a wonderful resource for understanding the NATURAL process that is birth, and the small factors that you can take into account when planning your birth in order to reduce the need to turn it into a medical procedure. It's not a book that will patronise or criticise one choice over another, rather it will inform you.

Every soon-to-be mother should read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Feb. 2015
wonderful book, really love this

5.0 out of 5 stars Different, 14 Jun. 2011
I have got to say I couldn't put this book down once I started, but I didn't necessaries agree with the views expressed. Its a defo if your a Doula, antenatal teacher or parent to be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 Jan. 2015