Size: 45 cm|Colour Name: Black|Change

on 10 June 2015
Bought this bag for my daughter because she lost hers on the bus. We love kipling bags because they are very sturdy. Her previous bag lasted for 2 years and was in excellent condition up to date of loss. I only can note that the colour faded through 2 years of washing which was a break for my eyes given it was originally an electric pink colour. And I just loved the fact that I could toss it in the washer without fear of damaging. Kids are pro at soiling bags... especially when it is used daily for school, outings, international traveling and even to carry swim class gear.

I should note that the listing price here was cheaper than the in-store price which is why I purchased on Amazon. Also this bag is really big.

Lastly... it is true to the colour in photo. Oh... I should also mention shipping was on time.

I will return to provide updates on the wear and tear of the product as I am hoping it too will survive the use yet to come.
on 13 November 2013
I love this backpack, it's very roomy inside and has a lot of little pockets, including one on the inside of the front (but not very front). The very small pockets on the side and top are large enough for a little packet of tissues and my mobile phone. Also the pocket on the very front is REALLY deep, which is a plus - it comfortably fits a standard sized envelope (long way down),
The main compartment is a good size and I really like the separators. There is one for the laptop which is padded and another to the front of the bag that fits an A4 large spiral notebook, a copy of David Cowan's Housing Law and Policy and my 7 inch Nexus in a fairly chunky protective case comfortably. It's also fairly tall so my A4 notebook isn't always falling out (leaving only an inch or so at the top of it). That still leaves the main space free!
I've not really used the laptop part, but it's more or less what you'd expect - a padded compartment with a velcro strap over the top. I does comfortably fit my large 15' Vaio Gaming laptop in a neoprene sleeve (something which my old Jansport Trinity could not do), however the velcro wouldn't fasten over it (for me it's not important as it's already in a protective sleeve as well). I've not tried my smaller ultrabook yet.
From the pictures the straps don't look padded but they are on the side that faces your body. However, they are considerably less padded than the Jansport Trinity. Again for me this is no issue and was actually a plus as it made the backpack lighter and less bulky.
My only issue is not with the item, but with the colour shown on Amazon (as other reviewers have mentioned). I would suggest before buying ANY colour apart from Black that you do a bit more research - you can find more accurate representations elsewhere on the web.
As usual with Kipling bags, this looks good, and importantly, is strong and well made.

My husband bought me one of these bags when I was going away overnight and needed a bag that looked nice but would also take everything I needed. This fitted the bill perfectly.

The space in this bag is really surprising - I can get a couple of changes of clothes and a pair of shoes in along with all my other bits and pieces. So, the space in the bag is fab.

Something else I am really pleased about is how comfortable it is to carry. The shoulder straps are padded and I can carry this bag, full of things and hence with some weight, quite comfortably for several hours.

Recommended!
on 27 September 2015
This is a good quality back pack.
Pros:
-There is an internal laptop pocket, which is incredibly useful
- The zips are sturdy
- There are multiple pockets to carry stuff in.
- Straps are very strong, and feel quite comfortable.

Cons:
- The bag is not waterproof.
- The lining in places is very thin
- The straps are quite thin, and could do with slightly more padding.
- After carrying many schoolbooks in, the straps dig in.
Overall, if you are looking for a backpack to carry small amounts of stuff in,this is the backpack for you but if you need to carry lots of stuff, look elsewhere.
on 19 January 2016
For students this backpack is like the Swiss army knife of bags! More pockets than you can throw a stick at so a compartment for every need. It is a high price point but really is worth the money, should last many years if looked after. Zips are easy to open and close and is very spacious and bigger than expected.
I would recommend this for an older child 12yrs+ as it would be a little too big for younger children. There is a smaller one and a larger one than this so this is the middle sized backpack. As always all Kipling bags are great quality bags strong and sturdy and come with a monkey to boot, what's not to love!
on 20 July 2014
These are great Bags. This is the 3rd Ive purchased. Very lightweight and stylish - big factor as I do a lot of budget flights.

HOWEVER: The quality is declining!

Zips have been the cause of my two replacements. The first one lasted years of daily use. My recent purchase
(All the same model bag) is already starting to let me down (3 months) but this time the stitching is separating!

I WISH KiPLING DID A REPLACEMENT ZIP SERVICE!
on 4 July 2013
The product is good looking! It is going to be my favourite backpack, it tough and well made. However, it is not waterproof as advertising. The medium rain could make your things wet. I am wondering why no Kipling band on textile!
on 29 August 2013
Not overly impressed with this bag. Lovely colour (espresso brown) and a good size however the stitching started pulling and undoing at the top of the bag. Sent back for refund
on 7 February 2014
Used this bag for on board luggage. Very lightweight especially when only allowed 5kg. You can't beat Kipling bags, very roomy inside, as usual, highly recommend
on 1 June 2016
Love this bag! As a uni student I practically carry my whole house around in this bag and it does make me look like a turtle but atleast I have everything at my disposal.
The monkey kind of freaked me out so it's in a very dark corner as the moment.
The handles are padded so it offers some comfort to my poor shoulders and has loads of compartments and especially useful since there's a bus pass compartment right at the top.

See one answered question