Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 26 August 2015
very good dvd
on 17 March 2015
Good Movie ;)
There are times when you want a film that gives you loads of action and has a real science fiction feel. That's what I expected from this modern remake of what I consider to a fun film of the 90's. Yet what I got from this was something that was not only sadly lacking but one that really didn't work on so many levels.

Quaid needed to be vulnerable yet smart, an action hero and a guy that you would care about winning. Yet Farrell really didn't bring that across for me as a viewer and to be honest that made it difficult to care about what was happening throughout. Add to this a plot that really ddn't sell itself and felt poorly conceived alongside a sadly lacking script.

All round the effects were reasonable and with a couple of homages to the original within it did raise a smile or two when you spotted them. Yet when you look at it deeply its not a great film and one that I'll not be watching again for quite some time choosing, my 90's version instead.
on 29 October 2012
Total Recall is one of those mediocre and not as good as the original remakes, like the amazing spiderman. it stars collin Farrell(oddly), and its fair to say the rest of the cast is as forgettable as he is. if you have seen the original than this will feel like paying money to see the same thing, just with boring visuals in it. Nothing spectacular and I wouldn't recommend this to, well, anyone. BAD!
on 10 May 2015
Having never purchased a film through Amazon I thought I was just getting it free on my Lovefilm/Amazon subscription. I was surprised & shocked that the process was so short and I was not asked for my Amazon password like Apple. Anyway you I am a quick learner and it's my last bought film. Oh the film was 5 stars much better than the Swartzy version.
on 11 February 2013
I am a fan of the early 1990's original film. Having said that from the reviews I read of this new version,I had been warned to watch it with an open mind. Also I was warned it isn't the same plot line. So with this in mind I watched the film. I liked it a lot. (My Fiancee' didn't) Colin Farrell played the part well. i thought the special effects and CGI were excellent.Where the film could have been more was in my opinion, the film was rushed and at some times blurred? I know sometimes dialogue is quiet in films. So I turned the volume up then there would be an action scene which nearly blew the speakers on the TV. Some of the CGI sets were so dark it was hard to see the detail of the buildings etc was this deliberate? The film jumps from New Britain to Australia often. It was hard to keep up where the characters were? So for quiet dialogue and jumpy location jumps I give the film 4/5.
on 15 March 2016
This is not 4K! It's a normal blu ray mastered from 4K. [Blu-ray 4K] in the title is missleading. Real 4K Blu-rays, I believe, will be becoming available mid April 2016 in the UK, but are only playable from a 4K blu-ray player. This film is available in full 4K on Amazon instant video, but quality will be slightly compressed for streaming.