VINE VOICEon 22 August 2012
Colour Name: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The first thing that hits you is how small the camcorder is, about half the size of a blackberry phone. With the product being so small the screen is also small, but surprisingly clear. Due to it being so small you don't quite get the full appreciation of yor video clip until you up load it. The design is OK. The front of the camcorder is a bit toy like, and the buttons can be a bit awkward to press but nothing that would cause too much issue. The cameo clip is a nice idea, and good to clip on to your laptop for the webcam function.
The set up is easy, and once you find your way around the options changing the setting's is also simple. Easy to download onto your laptop. The webcam takes a little more intelligence, but should be easier enough.
The video camera element has some great features, one being the slow motion function. The only drawback is that when you increase the size of your screen when in slow motion feature the picture becomes a little distorted. The face tracking, and stability function work well. The camcorder mode also has pre recording, time lapse and motion detect function, found not a huge amount of use for them yet but I'm sure I will occasionally use them.
The camera has some good features as well. The smile detect is interesting and great for babies when you don't know when they may just smile! The pictures are very clear, and camera is simple to use.
Now for the summary, overall a good camcorder with some nice features. Whether it's worth paying out around £90 and then for a memory card if you already have a good phone such as an iphone 4 then that is still up for debate! I think the size is a real benefit and something you can always carry around. As the camcorder is probably less breakable than more phones then it's great for being outdoors. Overall a good product.
on 12 January 2014
This has to be one of the simplest electronic devices to use ! 👍 I bought this nifty little video camera pre-owned and pretty pink !! Still, undeterred I charged it up, popped in an SD card from a nearby camera, and spent several hours wandering around the house and garden filming EVERYTHING in sight.
A previous quick perusal of the User Manual, as well as a few vids off YouTube had taught me all the essentials - which are as complicated as it gets ! 👌
I won't let on you'll be producing/directing epics, but fun little family movies ? Easy Peasy.
It's light, easy to hold and the buttons are well positioned. There are all the 'Output' slots/sockets you'll need.
Mine came with a light fabric case -that needs changed- and all the leads,wires,chargers etc needed. I would suggest a second, spare battery - which you would want fully charged ! as you won't want to set this cool little camcorder down !😉
BTW it also takes still pics and has a tripod mount. Just be careful what you say in front of it as it has quite a sensitive microphone ! °¿°
Write and mail/post your own comments pls.✌
Colour Name: Red|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is probably the smallest camcorder I've ever seen to date, literally just barely longer than my thumb! Clips to your pocket or fits in a tiny little bag compartment for easy storage when you're not using it. It is so completely unexpected that something this tiny could offer so much and be so convenient!

It's fairly easy to use...there's an instruction book plus software to go with it, but if you've got a little experience with computers then this should be easy to set up even without needing to refer to the instructions (and even if you need to refer to it, it should be fairly straight forward).

I'm a 'hands on' kind of person, and I hate having to sit reading through pages and pages of subject matter when I can blindly install the software, press a few buttons on the thing, search through the item itself, and learn the features myself. I was able to do that with this camera.

There are a few little advanced modes I hadn't seen before on smaller cams like this - this is a really juiced up multi-feature alternative to other similar cameras like "Flip" (offers much more without compromising on size). The slow-mo and time lapse modes were fun to play around with - especially the motion detection feature where the camera will start filming once it detects movement. Honestly you wouldn't expect these kinds of features for this price, especially not on something so small.

Can't believe something so small has such an incredible picture quality either (even on the stills, as usually on a camcorder, the video quality will be perfect but stills will be grainy - but I didn't find that with this). Picks up colours and action beautifully, and once you've finished filming, uploading to your favourite medium (whether it's just to your harddrisk or to your favourite social media site) is a breeze.

This little camera has a lot to offer for what the asking price is, and would be perfect for a family holiday or days out where the thought of carrying bulky camcorders and digital cameras is inconvenient (say for instance, if you're going to do action adventure activities like 'Go Ape' or go on theme park rides).

Highly recommended.
on 20 July 2013
looks very flimsy but easy to operate. Can carry around in my handbag for easy access and the video is of a good quality considering the size of the camcorder.
on 18 December 2013
Bought this Toshiba on the strength of the larger Camileo which I loved but my son lost. This is no replacement as most photo's blur unless you have the steadiest of hand and the battery life is poor, needing a constant recharge, even when not used.

Tried to return but the seller MegaDeals closed return request same day as opening it so I still have it. Waste of money. Will see if Amazon can help me return it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 March 2013
I bought this camcorder to record my walks, but its impossible to get a good picture when moving. The picture jumps all over the place, even using stabilisation, its unwatchable! Even using the best stabilisation software doesnt help - the frames are blurred. I contacted Toshiba for help but they havent even bothered to reply! The only way it works well is if you are not moving it around. Time lapse is useful here. Still pics indoors are grainy and out of focus. I feel I wasted my money

Yes this is an almost useless device. If you try filming on the move the picture wobbles and jumps all over. Even stabilisation software cant sort it out. On top of that, colour tint randomly varies. Technical support from Toshiba is no help. They told me it cant use stabiliser function at 1080 resolution so I tried 720 - still as bad! I did waste my money. I have ordered one of these

[...]
on 9 January 2014
Because it really is an o.k little camera for little money, did not like the way you delete films or photo's a lot to do, would I recommend it yes I would recommend this little camcorder.
on 28 October 2014
the picture didnt reflect the product, that is very different from what I expected to receive. This is what arrived (...)
on 9 March 2013
Not a bad little camcorder,even better with the camera function,which takes good quality pictures,although the quality indoors is impaired due to lack of flash,although it still beats the pants off the Canon camera I bought from argos not long ago,and so much better in picture quality than the Toshiba camileo b10,which I bought same time,same price,also from amazon.
The quality of recorded camcorder images is fantastic when viewing on computer,as are photos taken and viewed on computer,and its ease of use is good compared with my flip ultra.
The device has a small screen to view and preview images,and is crisp and clear,as well as zooming in and out,which is handy,and deleting images is easy.
I put a sd card in it and it keeps its charge well.
All in all an absolute bargain.
on 25 June 2013
It is a handy, sturdy and very easy operated product. The video quality is splendid for my purpose. It is used as safety, when I walk with my dog, as I last year was subjected to a totally unmotivated violent attack. I feel more safe with the cam.