4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy sound heavy comfortable boot
I like this Cat shoe as I have rather wide feet. The advantage is the rounded upper with no seams to cut into your small toe.

I also like the small number of lace eyelets and chunky shoelace.

You'll never wear the sole out which is thick and absorbs knocks.

I have to wear insoles which are easy to insert under the chunky existing...
Published 8 months ago by Trevor Ashworth

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice boot shame about the manufacture.
Published on 13 Dec. 2012 by R. Glover

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice boot shame about the manufacture., 13 Dec. 2012
R. Glover - See all my reviews
When I received these boots i thought that I would break them in by wearing them for a spot of shopping but the only thing broken in were my ankles. The poor design and manufacture of these boots means that they have a seam running up the heal of the boot which when folded over at the top of the boot creates a lump of leather at the back of the ankle. If you buy a pair of these boots you will need a ball pein hammer and baby oil to try and make the boots wearable ( soak the area at the back of the boots with the oil then batter it with the ball part of the hammer). I will let it be known if this works.

Is there anyone out there making a good quality wearable boot? I used to buy Doc Martens but when they transferred their manufacture to the far east the quality went rapidly downhill so I was forced to try something else. Rockports seemed to be the answer but they leak if you venture out in the rain or walk across damp grass even though they have the famous? "Hydro Shield" waterproofing.

It seems the common denominator with all these boots is that they are all now manufactured in the far east. This seems to equal low price, poor quality and now low expectations from the consumer. Sorry Amazon but my next pair of boots will be coming from a shop where I can inspect them and try them on before buying. And where I can find someone to shout at in person when things go wrong.

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks great but badly designed, 23 Nov. 2011
S. Beattie "Simon" (Tunbridge Wells) - See all my reviews
The boots look great, arrived on time but after wearing them for 10 minutes on my walk to the station my ankles were both bleeding. There is no padding on the inside back of the boot. A definte design fault. I have now added additional padding and will have to see if this works.

1.0 out of 5 stars sizing is rubbish, 24 Nov. 2013
Didn't even get to wear these boots. If they can't be bothered to size the things properly I can't be bothered to buy them or wear them. I take size 9 I ordered size nine, they were marked up as size nine...I could've gone kayaking in these boots, they were absolutely huge. There was an old woman who lived in a shoe...this was that shoe.

1.0 out of 5 stars Blisters, pain on top of feet, 6 Dec. 2013
Wow, never had such problems with shoes being different heights before! The right heel is higher than the left one, digs into right achillies tendon resulting in blisters on the right upper heel only. The top of both feet are bruised from the fit being too tight, had to use some steel weights to try and stretch them just to wear them. Now have the blister, so cannot even put them on. They have a "comfort gel" ball in the shoe heel which is what I look for in a shoe, 5 stars for that, but it's not worth the agony for the overall fit. |I suppose if one is flat footed and has arches then maybe they would fit.
Would NOT recommend them to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy sound heavy comfortable boot, 22 Aug. 2014

I also like the small number of lace eyelets and chunky shoelace.

You'll never wear the sole out which is thick and absorbs knocks.

I have to wear insoles which are easy to insert under the chunky existing insole.

It's a good looking heavy boot. The matt colour does have a tendency to get easily scratched or rather marked so if you're expecting a highly consistent colour with no scuff marks after a days use you might be disappointed.

I also buy the Cat socks which are chunky. This is about my 5th pair as I like them so much.

I take a size 9 which is a popular size and if you visit a shop is usually out of stock.

One of these shoes feels slightly 'pinchy' (which is unusual but not uncomfortable).

All in all I love the boots despite any small niggles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Feet like Thames barges!, 6 Nov. 2010
Lovely looking boots, usual Caterpillar quality. However, the sizing is way off. I usually take a UK size 10.5 or 11. I ordered the 11, and am returning them in favour of a 10 because they're so big on me. A 9 may be even be in order on these. Don't be put off, just buy at least one size smaller than you normally wear.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cutting Edge? or just Sore Ankles, 28 Dec. 2009
Mr. J. Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
Lovely boot which I'm sure I shall enjoy for many years. I like the design and colour (hence the reason I purchased them!), however, unlike some Cat footware the designers seem to have omitted to put any cushioning around the rim so the rear seam rubs directly against the tendon. I'm having to wear mine with the top eyelets undone. Fully laced, the hard rim also chafes the ankle bones. I'm sure they'll wear in; keep the boots and fatten the ankles, I say!!! The comfort under-foot is excellent and they've been beautifully dry and warm in some very cold and wet weather. If Cat continue this style I think it would be well worth their while to consider us softies.

The Amazon price made it a considerable financial benefit buying them on-line versus the high street shops. Having said that, had I tried them on in the high street I might not have purchased them for reasons outlined above!

Happy walking

4.0 out of 5 stars Cat Harding Boots, 22 Nov. 2010
I recently saw these boots on a display at my local shoe shop, and just had to buy them! love the style and the antique distressed look of the nubuck leather, but wish I had checked on Amazon cause I paid £95 for mine and that was after haggling!

Don't understand one of the reviews saying this boots are uncomfortable? I have to say in all honesty these are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn, I have owned other Cat boots and these are def the best, they are very light and the leather is very soft so they are almost broken in before you even wear them! (maybe he got a bad pair?)

Only gripe I have is.. the leather marks very easily, just brushing up against a hedge or similar really scratches the finish and they can look a little scruffy in very little time, also the soles are very thin, which looks great but really not sure about the durability of these long term. Hoping I can get some nubuck leather protector spray or cream to help give them some protection and keep them looking nice.

I would buy another pair of these like a shot if I had too, Amazon's price is very competitive and much cheaper than the shop price I paid but I'm still happy with these boots, just take care and keep them protected and try not to get them wet (they don't like water - as I found out after washing the cars)

4.0 out of 5 stars good shoe, 5 Dec. 2012
Excellent boots for price, I paid £45. I Liked them as soon as I saw them, got them today. Durable thick nu-buck leather and well made, should last me 10 years to go by previous experience. I polished them with water proof brown leather polish straight away they look even better & now more "leathery then nu-buck" improved and better weather & ware protected. Excellent soles look very hard wearing and very comfortable. Plenty room for size taken so no worries about shoes being too small for given sizes ordered or to accommodate thick socks. " Slight Negative points"; a bit tight around the mid waist part of my feet, should relax out with ware though, but I do have wider feet then most size 9's. On the whole very pleased £100 shoes down to £45 can't complain as good as top of range. Excellant 2nd day free delivery by Amazon even at standard. Recommend to all dark brown shoe lovers ps the lighter colours end up brown any way so pick your self up with a good deal and Buff It Up! Good for casual, work & rough terrain....buy buy...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots - new sizing, 16 Oct. 2013
Hi Guys,

first ever review of a product! These are great boots - I have owned a pair of the predecesor boots for over 10 years and they are still comfortable, but needed replacing due to my lack of caring for them and using them excessively.

Word to the wise though - either my feet have shrunk - with I am pretty sure they haven't as all my other shoes are size UK10s or CAT have changed their sizing! I order UK 10s and received UK10s but in comparison the new boots are a full size bigger - Amazon have given me a full refund as I had already ordered the UK9s (they fit perfectly so it wasn't just a faulty batch of boots) without reading the returns policy (no monetary returns) - lesson learnt and thanks Amazon for the great customer service, it took all of 5 mins on the phone with Amazon, once again super customer care!

Happy walking to all those who love CAT boots!