Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.18

on 7 June 2014
My son is 10 yrs old and has Autism and I thought this might be quite nice for him to read. He finished it in 3 minutes!! It was sweet but not very helpful at all. He wasn't impressed and neither was I. If you want a 5 star book read "The reason I jump!" made me cry and was informative- excellent!
on 27 September 2012
Wow! What a beautiful story!
My Life with Autism is written by Ethan Rice who is 8 years old and lives with autism. This book allows the reader to see the world through Ethan's eyes and offers an insight into his so many thoughts and feelings about being autistic and how other children and adults treat him. The fact that this book is written by an 8 year old is amazing and his conclusion as to why God made him that way made me smile.

The illustrations are fantastic and very engaging as they're brightly coloured and very well drawn. It not only tackles the issue of autism, but other situations that children who aren't autistic will be familiar with. What makes this book even more special is that it's a true story and one I think everyone should read.

I gave this book to my 11 year old daughter and she too loved it. She said it should be a book that schools should be made to have and should be used in lessons to educate children about autism. She also said and it would help to change attitudes towards children who are affected by it and I have to say I agree with her. My 7 year old son has also read this book and although he's not a keen reader he too enjoyed it and identified with some of the issues and scenarios that were raised even though he himself is not autistic. I give this book 5 stars it is fully deserving of them. It's a must read for everyone of all ages and backgrounds. Well done Ethan a marvelous success. :)
Written by Kay G for Bex 'n' Books
on 6 December 2012
This is a lovely book written by Ethan (8) who is Autistic.

The book allows the reader the opportunity to see everyday situations through the eyes of someone with Autism.

The illustrations are great and help to keep younger children engaged in the story.

In my opinion this is a must have for all schools and play groups as it will help give the children an understanding of Autism and help create a place of tolerance for not just people with Autism, but for all people with a hidden illness/disability.
on 3 September 2012
This is a true story written by Ethan, a eight year old with autism. In his own words, he describes how autism effects him and explains how very blessed he really is. Me and my 5 year old son loved the story and the illustrations are amazing. My son connected with some of the feelings Ethan shares, since my son shares some of the same experiences in life. A heart warming story that helps kids, and adults, know that all of us are different, but for some, there are some experiences that are shared in life. Thank you Ethan for sharing and letting everyone know just how special God made each one of us, no matter what our special gifts are. I hope you continue sharing your wonderful talents and hope to see more written by you. Truly inspirational, a must read for everyone!

Originally posted on The Mystical World of Book Reviews
on 27 December 2012
This is a children's book written by eight year old Ethan Rice. It is fully illustrated and shows you how Ethan deals with life with autism.

The illustrations are fantastic in their simplicity. Very well drawn and nicely coloured. What I loved about this book, even when we are only given a line or two per page, is the insight we get from this. I know it is aimed at children but I still found this very interesting. I love that we are told about how he feels in different situations and how he looks at the positive side of autism. This is not something we tend to see in books and films and I found this so refreshing.

This is a book that should be in all primary schools to show the pros and cons of this condition and i highly recommend it.
on 21 April 2013
People often make an assumption that they know it all, everything they say is how it should be, and the world is simply black and white. But....Ethan takes you on his adventure in his multicolored world of Autism, and he shows you how the puzzle pieces all come together, and what it really is like for him daily. He lets you into his life in a little way, and gives you insight and inspiration! What an amazing young man. Thank you Ethan and family for being so courageous and sharing what it feels like to be a child living with Autism. This book is something all educators, families, friends, and classrooms should have! Join Ethan in sharing his journey and spreading awareness! Beautify written and detailed with some awesome illustrations!!!!!
on 8 March 2014
Lovely read to gain insight into Autism from a child's point of view. Highly recommended. Very reasonably priced, good purchase all round.
on 4 May 2014
What a great wee book! Will be reading it with my son to help explain why he is different. Thank you Ethan!
on 25 October 2014
Well done ethan you should be very proud of your achievement