Size: 7.5 UK|Colour: Grey (Raven/Aluminum)|Change

on 4 June 2013
The most comfortable footwear I own is a pair of Keen walking boots. They're immediately identifiable as Keen; large rounded and roomy toe box, wide footbed and the big rubber toecap - and these sandals carry on all those design cues.

Maybe "design cues" sounds a little bit trivial; I mean that these things, like the boots, are functionally designed to fit the human foot properly (especially those of us with wide feet) rather than being designed to look good and expecting you to jam your feet into them somehow. They are well-made and well lined; I've worn them without socks and there are no irritating thread ends scratching away at your skin, or threads rubbing skin into blisters. They're solid enough in the sole to provide excellent protection and the big toe cap is great for protection from stones, sharp rock and trip hazards.

Extremely comfortable. Not elegant. A lot lighter than they look. Tough. What more could you want on your feet for walking and just for slobbing about? Thoroughly recommended.
on 15 October 2014
I am a long term TEVA sandal wearer and have gone through many a pair over the last 30 years or so but I have been disappointed in the quality and design of TEVA sandals recently and I have been looking for a replacement.
I first saw these H2 sandals in an outdoor shop in Pollenca town in Mallorca while on hols recently and when we left I immediately wished I had bought a pair there and then. On my return to the UK I researched the sandals on the web and decided to buy directly from Keen in the Netherlands via the Keen UK website. The sandals were £79.99 with free delivery and a robust returns system so I ordered a pair in India Ink/Rust. The website advised that the sandals were running half a size small, I am a female with a large, wide foot, usually wear a mens 8 to 8 and half, so I ordered a size 9 hoping they would be wide enough for my foot. I was not disappointed.
The sandals fit perfectly and I have a little space between my toe and the front of the sandal for walking downhill. the sides of the sandal are fixed to the stretchy material underneath so there is enough flexibility in the structure of the sandal to allow for swelling or tired feet or when walking on uneven terrain. They are light and instantly comfortable.

I wore them shopping to my local supermarket with socks and jeans on the day they arrived! If you are dithering to order, go for it, but order a half to one size bigger depending on foot width. You wont be disappointed!
on 31 July 2011
Keen make several styles of sandals - I personally prefer ones that cover toes like this pair. The soles are flexible & give good grip. They are well-made & are very comfortable without any chafing or heal-lift. They are advertised as being waterproof - an odd term for sandals but means that they are washable.
If you want a pair that are also compatible with SPD MTB pedals, take look at their Commuter II ones. Recommended.
on 23 June 2015
I got these to go walking on Dartmoor which is notoriously marshy even in the summer months. I have very wide feet and so finding walking boots and shoes that don't kill me nigh on impossible. So I took a punt on these walking sandals. They actually worked out pretty well. I wore them with wool socks and although I got wet feet, they were still warm and dried off very quickly. The grip was surprisingly good considering they're not exactly deep cleats or spikes - they are especially sticky on rocks but less good on wet grass slopes. The fitting system is very simple - they're hard to pull on but then they stay on and you just pull an shockcord to tighten them.

This is where they went downhill unfortunately. 5 months on, and with only maybe 10 outings, they've started to come apart. The stitching around the heel has failed completely and I'm guessing it's because of the strain of pulling them over the heel pulling at that stiching. When you pay like £80 for shoes I expect at least a year out of them.
on 1 August 2015
I now have 3 pairs of Keen's, a pair of Targhee boots, a pair of Targhee shoes and now these sandals. I have wide large feet and have struggled to find footwear to fit comfortably. All my Keen's have been comfortable straight out of the box and fit as expected , these are no exception. I purchased these sandals for summer walking because even with thin socks waterproof shoes are not the most breathable footwear, and they have not let me down. I have used them with and without socks depending on the terrain. Socks tend to keep the dust and grit from between my toes on dry pathways. I use Keen Socks which are dedicated to left and right feet and don't slip. Delivery time from Holland was fast. Thank you Keen for great products
on 26 November 2008
I love these sandals, bought a pair in the red colourway this summer. They could be worn on a long walk straightaway without needing any breaking in. The pull cord is great, especially if you have narrow feet. Can be pulled in tight if you are walking over rocky ground to stop your feet slipping around the footbed, but can be loosened on hot days or perhaps if travelling by plane. They are well cushioned so comfortable for all day walking. I love them, and now want a winter pair of Keen shoes with the same footbed and cushioning.
on 12 April 2014
Good quality sandals, and they look smart.

I'm a size 9, and that is the size I have these in, although I would say that they are a slightly tighter size 9.
on 8 March 2015
Very good quality shoe. Not the narrowest nor the lightest around but very good fit and comfort straight out of the box.
Fit is as expected owing to the fact that I ordered a size larger then I would normally take. So a size 9 to 91/2 UK becomes a 10.
on 2 August 2015
Smaller than I'd expect - okay once they're on, but it's a bit of a wrestling match to get them there as the back heel strap isn't adjustable. That said, they're seemingly well-made and Keen are pretty much the only folks who do closed-toe sandals now, so there's not a huge choice. Think of them as well-ventilated trainers rather than sandals, though, and you've got the right idea.
on 9 February 2014
I bought these for holiday and I have only tried them on a few times to get the feel of them . They are light and airy , grip well and comfy on foot . These are my first impressions and so far its thumbs up but the real test will be on holiday .

See one answered question