on 4 June 2015
I saw Tracy give a talk so I knew her story but decided to read the book...Im so glad I did. A brutally honest, up front, heart breaking and heart warming life story. It helped that I also lived in Collier/ Row Romford so all the names and places were familiar to me and I could picture it perfectly in my mind. I have bought copies for a friend who lives there and for my daughter. I would recommend anyone to read this book about fun, greed, love, desire and living life to the full no matter what circumstances you find your self in. Tracy is obviously a highly intelligent, determined and passionate person that just needed to channel these qualities in the right direction and I hope this book helps others in her position... Once again Tracey Well Done all round I thoroughly enjoyed the talk and the book.
on 12 February 2015
Definitely recommend this book. So glad she turned her life around but I imagine she mellowed with age as most people do. Its hard to maintain that level of anger and vengefulness forever. I do find it hard to understand a life that entails so much criminality and danger. i suspect it has more to do with her upbringing than anything else. Although, knowing no better is not an excuse. But credit where credit is due, it would of been easier to slip back into her old ways rather than forge a successful career out of a pipe dream. Well done, keep them sausages a sizzling.
on 8 August 2013
Wow. What a story! What a character! Tracy Mackness saw so much of the underworld during her time as a petty (then not-so-petty criminal) in 1980s and 1990s Essex and during her long stints in prison. She is a true survivor and tells her tale of bad times then transformation to successful business woman incredibly well. A great read.
on 29 June 2013
This is a book that really makes you sit up and take notice. Why did Tracy go so far off the rails? Lack of parental guidance? Lack of control and stimulation from the school? Too bright for her own good? Who knows. Written as Tracy would be telling it to you if you were sitting opposite her in a pub and she was recounting it to you, she draws you in, shakes you up and then puts you back down again.

If I was reading this and had teenage children who were being a handful, I would be scared witless that they would go down the same road as her but not have the strength of character to cope. Having said that, this book should be compulsory reading for teenagers to show them how not to behave!

Well done Tracy for coming through this and out the other end.........not sure how many of us would have done.
on 14 May 2014
I was dubious as to how well written this book was but was nicely surprised! Tracey writes with honesty. I really enjoyed reading about how she turned her life around. Goes to show you can do anything you want in life if you want it enough and hard work.
on 15 May 2014
Well written, grabs your attention from the start. I was surprised that it was a true story. I was glad that I had the sheltered existence that I have enjoyed, certainly wouldn't ever have the mental stamina to cope as Tracy has!
on 3 May 2015
Bought this on a whim as it's not my usual type of book, and had it sat on my Kindle for 4 months forgotten about. I started reading on a Friday and finished it the following day. A fascinating read, no excuses made for any indiscretions and though you can never be sure how much detail is embellished in autobiographies I never felt this was less than a pretty straight account of someone who has lived a life.
on 11 August 2014
What an excellent read. I heard Tracy Mackness on the radio and was intrigued. This book didn't disappoint.
An interesting look into a murky world most of us know little about. This girl managed to turn her life around, very uplifting
on 18 March 2014
A bit far fetched for me........had to skim through some pages to find something good to read ...it got better towards the end...but...
on 14 October 2014
I read this book as it was the book of the month for our book group. I wasn't too sure at the beginning but then it became more interesting. Great how Tracey turned her life around and also we love Giggly Pig sausages so to know the story behind how it started was very interesting.