on 25 April 2014
This printer is an absolute steal at £70, it offers full wireless printing capabilities included network (for multiple computers via a router) and ad hoc (printer to laptop, no router needed). Dead easy to setup on a windows 8 laptop, just follow the instructions on the cd.

Printing is of high quality and quick, the included toner cartridge is good for 700 pages and a new one for 1500 pages can be sought on ebay for around £25.

Printer is very small, the footprint is roughly the size of a sheet of A4 paper. Will print heavier stuff like label sheets and envelopes no problem.

Only drawbacks are no AirPrint for iDevices (iphone, ipad) which would have been useful for me, and also the printing seems a little feint. Nothing major, but when printing small text, it is really fine. Still perfectly good for all printing needs.

Very happy customer, finally no more cash down the drain on ink cartridges!!
on 28 January 2015
I wanted a small printer that would sit on my desk hard wired to my PC. For that its great and pleased with it, however, I purchased this for the wifi and with 3 Mac PC's around the house thought this would also be useful at times...........alas..no. Mac repeated states no software found. I found a CD drive for my mac so I could load the Dell driver supplied and hard wired the Mac to the printer as per instructions and all looked good. Dell message on screen states Mac loaded drivers and all ok. Tried to print and no..........printer software / driver is missing and cannot be found. So if you have a Mac and want to use this then best avoid this printer. Otherwise its OK.

Update: I have my MacBooks working with the printer now on wifi. I added the printer on the mac preferences and did not load the software supplied but when asked for the driver searched it on the dell website and loaded directly onto Mac. Chose the relevant driver on the Mac again when selecting printer and hey presto it worked. Not intuitive but keep trying and you can get it to work.
on 14 June 2013
The printer is nice and neat...small...when it arrived I took it out of the box and took the power lead out ready to plug into the socket....the bloody lead is for France...no bloody good when you live in the UK.
44 comments14 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 April 2014
I followed the instructions and installed this printer last night using the disk that came in the box. Big mistake! Several hours of fiddling with no result.
I gave up and removed the driver before downing the Windows 8.1 machine last night. I booted up this morning, switched on the printer, Windows 8.1 found it, installed it and all seems to be well.
on 2 June 2013
for non comp.geeks like yours truly ME does the job [prints off E-tickets and receipts not though i have that many],cheaply and is fair priced.
on 31 January 2014
easier to set up in Win7 than XP

it works at reasonable distances from the router

it's quite quiet too
on 12 December 2013
It is a bit early for a definitive review but so far I am pleased with it. I bought it to print run-of-the-mill pages of text and for this it seems fine. Setting up the machine using WPS with my BT router (Wi-Fi) has caused problems, though I think the router is the issue so currently using USB. The supplied manual was poor; it took a while to work out how to turn the printer off!
conclusion: For a reasonable quality laser printer, this device represents very good value for money.
on 12 November 2013
This printer really does do what it says. Easy to set up and easy to use - even for a technologically challenged person like me! Nice and small - takes up very little place, and even folds away nicely. Only one paper jam so far - and that was entirely my fault and very easy to solve. Doesn't just randomly not work as many printers I've owned in the past appear to do.
on 10 July 2013
Superb, saves all that wasted black ink. Also superior print quality. How many times do you really need to print in colour. Photos are usually sent away. Not much else is there.
on 30 August 2014
It didn't specify it doesn't work with Windows 8. I got round this by setting the Wireless Config through a Wi 7 laptop and then "got it going on my Windows 8.1 device". If I need to reset it, I will need to borrow another Win 7 laptop first!! : (( But at least it is working now.... and the printout is v.good