5.0 out of 5 stars Left me wanting more!
Published on 3 Aug 2012 by Blue Liverbird

3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable but warm-hearted
A group of friends getting together to run a business, in this case a wine bar, is a well-worn set-up, but there are plenty of original touches and I found my interest sustained to the end. The introduction of mental health issues is a brave move in a chick-lit novel, but JWJ pulls it off with sensitivity and an appropriately light touch.
I found the plot predictable...
Published 24 months ago by Charlotte M.

5.0 out of 5 stars Left me wanting more!, 3 Aug 2012
This review is from: One Glass Is Never Enough - full length romance novel (Kindle Edition)
I was lucky to get this as a freebie, and was hooked instantly. Like another reviewer, I really didn't like Gaynor, and thought her business partners a bit wishy-washy, but as the story unfolded the depth of each of them came out and they became full bodied, a little fruity and likeable! I guessed the "secret" quite early on, (don't know what that says about me!) and to me, this is recommended reading for any chick lit fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 31 Aug 2013
Being from Thanet I was excited about reading this book. I was very pleased with it. Read it in a couple of days. Easy to read, difficult to put down. Definitely worth a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well balanced entertaining read, 9 Sep 2012
One Glass is Never Enough, purchased through Amazon, was a thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining read. The writer managed to combine intrigue, mystery, romance, humour and real life human frailty throughout. I found this book compelling and easy reading with just one very small annoyance in terms of the odd spelling or grammatical mistake.

3.0 out of 5 stars Predictable but warm-hearted, 3 Sep 2012
I found the plot predictable and guessed early on what was happening, particularly in Gaynor's life, but I didn't mind that. In fact I think it made me root for the characters even more.
I would like to have given this more stars but there were some aspects I felt let the book down.
It's not a very long book and the author has tried to cram in a lot of story threads, some of which don't get the attention they deserve in the rush to tie it all up by the end.
I found the constant time jumps annoying and clumsily handled in places.
The three women at the heart of the story are sympathetic characters but at times I found myself struggling to believe entirely in their reactions to what was happening in their lives.
Other than that, if you want a warm, entertaining read with snappy, fast-paced writing, this book definitely delivers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful tale of winebar perils from an owners perspective, 29 July 2012
T. Tibbenham (UK) - See all my reviews
Anyone wondered about running a winebar? Teaming up with your friends to run a place that is so much fun from the customers side of the bar? This is a humorous look at the perils of running a place of your own: The long hours, the aching hearts and faces from smiling at everyone, even those you'd rather see leave.
Well worth the effort of reading for the laughs and insights while having some interesting sub-plots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 17 Jun 2013
Great read, this is a romance, but with lots more ,loved this book from beginning to end really good author , will read more

5.0 out of 5 stars Heart warming, gorgeous summer read!, 30 July 2014
What an amazingly heart warming book!
I came across this by googling chic lit books and put it in my wish list.
Once I started reading it I couldn't put it down!
The setting is gorgeous as I live 10 miles from there and the characters are just so loveable especially gaynor!!
Don't hesitate to read this book!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It was written for me., 23 Jun 2014
I love this author. Enjoyable as always. Funny and highly recommended. I have others by her and she always makes me smile.
she thinks like me!!!! Scary really, I wish I could write but Jane beat me to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, 20 Jun 2014
Very interesting read. Great for relaxing and holidays and very origin storyline. Would definitely recommend to any fiction chilled readers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny & witty feel good book, 9 Jun 2014
Great read very witty feel good book great outcome. Characters very believable. Place sounds idyllic. Great beginning middle and end worth a read.