on 18 October 2013
This is pretty much a perfect mixer; very comfortable to hold and the whisks etc. are very well build and they will definitely last long. There are five speed settings plus one turbo button, but the turbo button doesn't seem to do anything if you are already using the mixer on it's fastest speed. My only major complain is the power cord which is for some reason installed to the side of the mixer instead of back of it. In other words when you are using the mixer you need to be careful since the power cord could easily drop to your mixing bowl and get shred by the mixer. There have been few times that this almost happened to me so I'm not super happy about it since that can be quite dangerous. It would have been an ideal situation if the power cord was at the back of the mixer since that way it would always stay out from the mixing bowl. But that is my only complain, otherwise this is an excellent mixer for a great price!
on 29 May 2013
This is the second James Martin hand mixer that I have had and both have been/are excellent. There are many things I like about this product - it's sturdy, you can 'stand it up' if you pause during mixing, there are variable speeds, it's powerful and the attachments come away easily, at the press of a button. Just beware that you have to place the appropriate whisk in the correct hole as the connectors differ in size. I made the mistake of getting them the wrong way round and as a consequence struggled to get the whisks out! Great product for the money. I would definitely recommend it!
on 13 March 2013
Bought as my ancient mixer had just about given up. Read the reviews on this and several other similarly priced items. Decided on this as reviews were mainly good, and I like to think James Martin and Wahl would only endorse/make good reliable products. I am not disappointed! I'm not an avid cook, but have used this mixer about a dozen times, as a whisk and a mixer. Results on both were brilliant, in super fast time. Only thing I would say is that it is quite difficult to eject the tools when finished with, but only due to the amount of pressure needed on the release button. Very very pleased with this product, would certainly recommend.
on 18 January 2013
Only used 2 beaters so far but very powerful and lots of speed settings, best hand whisk i have used probably not very good for an elderly person who is a light baker as its quite heavy but as i cook a lot i want power! mayo is now a quick task Great!!
on 23 April 2013
Do lots of baking etc and wanted a good hand mixer. My only criticism is that the button for getting the beaters out is very stiff and hasn't loosened through use. Anyone with rheumatism might have difficulty. Otherwise excellent value - makes really good meringues!
on 4 May 2013
A great whisk and really powerful, copes easily with mixing dough when bread making.
It comes with 2 sets of blades plus a ballon whisk, a really useful item. The body has a flat base which means the whisk can be stood on its end with the blades hanging over the the edge of the bowl to allow any drips to fall back into the bowl-so no mess-great.
Nice clean lines which make it easy to clean and it has a comfy grip handle and 5 speeds plus boost.
on 5 June 2013
This is a relatively powerful handheld mixer (which makes it heavier) and it was great to use, but after use I could not get one of the beaters to come out for cleaning.
I returned the item and there was no problem with obtaining a refund.
on 21 January 2013
Slightly on the heavy side but the power it delivers is fantastic and has makes short work of even the the heaviest job
on 14 April 2013
Bought this mixer for my wife after her previous mixer stop working. After a lot searching and reading of reviews I decided to choose this model. Very pleased with it although it is slightly heavier than the other model but this has not caused a problem. The great thing is it did not spray dry mix out of the bowl during mixing.
The item was well packed and arrived very promptly.
on 22 January 2016
Unfortunately I have had to return this due to it making a terrible burning factory smell when in use. Unfortunately everytime I used it I waited with baited breath for it to blow up. After making a quick sponge, my visitors commented on the burning smell - hence I returned it. Amazon have kindly refunded the money and I have now purchased a mixer of a different make - fingers crossed that this will be OK.

I am aware that new electrical items do make a smell initially. But unfortunately this smell did not go away. A shame, as I did like the mixer.