5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely
Lovely colour, very efficient. Quick turnround - hardly miss the one which blew up even though 'til that I point I thought it was the best I'd had..
Published 13 months ago by Lesley P. Bellerby

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality control and durability issues.
On unpacking this item the first thing I noticed was a scuff on that "durable" finish. Clearly this wasnt picked up by Breville's quality control procedures.

Published 23 months ago by Biff

1.0 out of 5 stars Quality control and durability issues., 7 Oct 2012
Biff - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

After two weeks normal use several other skuffs and scratches began to appear - this was from just normal kettle use - I wasnt even aware of knocking the surface at any time. I've uploaded an image showing this.

So long term use its going to look very battered - very disappointing for what is marketed as a premium kettle.

Other negatives include the lid - which you have to pull off. If you are old or arthritic you may have problems because it is rather difficult to remove. It also sometimes overboils for a minute or two - a complete waste of electricity.

Overall this is a premium kettle whose features are readily available on much more economical models. Coupled with the obvious durability issues I really could not recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Breville kettle, 11 Aug 2013
Upon receiving this kettle, I was pleased as it looks good and was fit for purpose. My only concern that after some use, it forms a tiny rim of rust around the lid! I have to keep scouring the lid and the rim of the kettle - I've never had that problem with a kettle before... as it is a water implement, you would think it would be protected from that, particularly after such a short term of use!

1.0 out of 5 stars What a disappointment!, 21 Jun 2013
I loved this when I saw it and used it for a while quite happily. I did not remove the lid due to arthritis so was concerned to find it rusting round the rim. Now it has given up the ghost and does not work. I tipped it up and water came out of the bottom and where plug was attached to the kettle. I am so disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Broke after 1 year, 31 May 2014
This kettle lasted a little over 1 year. I should have sent it back sooner as it quickly developed rust spots and bubbling to the poorly made outer covering. Never overfilled or over used yet today, 1 year and 2 months after purchase, water began pouring from the bottom of the kettle into the switch and base whilst it was on and blew the fuse. It now won't hold water at all. Don't waste your money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper elsewhere, 27 Sep 2013
Ordered this from Amazon. They failed to deliver. Again.

Found it for 30 at ASDA online instead (49 on Amazon at time of posting) - who incidentally deliver to morning or afternoon slots - for a cheaper delivery charge.

Kettle itself is great! Amazon 0 out of 5, Kettle 5 out of 5.

2.0 out of 5 stars Packed up after 1 year 5 months, 20 May 2014
Bought this kettle 27 Dec 2012 and today it died (heating element has gone) 20 May 2014.

I wouldn't say it has been over used (we don't drink that much tea and coffee).

Bit disappointed but I guess kettles don't last forever. We like the look of the kettle so will buy a replacement, hopefully the next one will last a bit longer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 16 July 2013
Lesley P. Bellerby (Worcester UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 15 Nov 2012
Fireball Dragon (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is not my first Breville Kettle. Having owned one in the past, I can already vouch for their reliability. Much to my satisfaction, this kettle lived up to my expectations!

The first thing I observed about this kettle is the bone-white and silver colour finish. It really looks much better in person and feels strong in construction. The kettle holds 1.7 litres of water (more than enough for plenty of tea!) and water boils quickly. The cord is of a sufficient length as well, another common problem with my old Tefal kettle! The kettle is much quieter than other brands and boils water quickly.

I can see myself gaining many years of use from this kettle. Will compliment any kitchen. 5/5

4.0 out of 5 stars Great kettle, but same water gauge limescale problem, 12 Jan 2013
Rosey Lea (london, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been buying these Breville kettles for my elderly mother for four years now.

I initially bought one on the strength of other Amazon recommendations, specifically about how light they are and easy for arthritic fingers to grip. As time has moved on, and we're now on kettle number four, the shape and ease of use is getting better and better.

This latest model is even better for elderly mother, as the handle is now wider for an even better grip and the lid is a bit easier to remove than before (although she does normally fill the kettle through the spout anyway). Unlike other reviewers we've had no issues with the kettle scratching easily or over boiling. The off-white bone colour is lovely and has stayed fresh looking, and the side illumination of the water gauge is a very nice touch.

The kettle is quite noisy, but it's quick boiling.

However there's one major problem with this kettle, and its predecessors. The water gauge clogs up with limescale very quickly, and you can't clean it out. This means that unless you pull the lid off and look inside you can't have the faintest idea how much water is in the kettle. Pulling that lid off and fitting it back on, over and over again, isn't easy for older fingers... so we end up having to buy a new kettle every nine months or so.

It's a lovely kettle for my elderly mum, so we keep buying them. Just a shame we keep having to replace them so often.

2.0 out of 5 stars it looks good had it two days and the blue light had ..., 7 July 2014
it looks good had it two days and the blue light had gone i had already binned the packaging ,it still works but not what i expected from breville.