4.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but....
It won't shut up!

Published 5 months ago by Snowy

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing but could be worse
My old iron that broke I got for 10 at B&M.
This iron that cost over three times as much does not iron nearly as well and I find myself often having to re-iron the clothes sections of my clothes more than my old and that's after altering the temperature.

Published 5 days ago by Leeham

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good, but...., 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Breville TECHnique VIN274 Digital Steam Iron - 2,400 Watts (Kitchen & Home)
It won't shut up!

It is an iron, and it has a clever little automatic cutoff. If the iron is left heated plate down, after a few seconds the cutoff process starts. Now, when ironing I just push the iron up the ironing board when I need to move the garment in question. I am a clumsy sod, and when putting my old iron into an upright position in the past have burned myself or knocked it over, so I leave it heat-plate down.

Usually not a problem, but this one if left unattended for a few seconds kicks off a cacophony of beeping until it detects that it is back in motion.

So:
- It is a good iron
- It holds a lot of water, so you are not constantly refilling it
- When you DO refill it, it is easy to do without water going anywhere
- If you leave it plate-down, be prepared for it to tell you about it mercilessly :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Breville Digital Steam Iron, 3 April 2013
Probably once of the best irons I have ever used and for someone who hates ironing that is saying something. Easy to use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing but could be worse, 6 July 2014
My old iron that broke I got for 10 at B&M.

It's almost like it's missing a heat step for my shirts; it's either too hot and sticks to my shirts or it's too cold and doesn't un-crease my shirt.

Wishing I had tried it sooner as I would have returned the item but I suppose it could be worse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Efficient iron, 9 April 2014
This is so much better than my previous iron and irons clothes very quickly and crease free, without burning anything! There are a number of settings and very easy to use and thankfully makes ironing a lot quicker!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality little iron, 19 Feb 2014
I love this little iron. It replaced a pretty battered one. I like that it shouts or rather screams at you when it has reached the required temperature. It does exactly what it is meant to. It's good quality and pretty inexpensive

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic iron..., 18 Feb 2014
Having used the older version of this for several years it came to the end of its life, so bought the replacement, more modern great digital control, glides through ironing ( and I hate ironing). This makes the whole ironing experience far better........

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Iron, 14 Feb 2014
I purchased this in the Lightning deals, for 19.99, which is a steal for this iron, I would happily pay what Amazon are selling for at the moment which I believe is around 40.

The ease of use is what sets it apart from others. The LCD, though a little hard to see, tells you exactly what fabric you've selected, it heats up very fast, literally within a few seconds and away you go!

The steam/water spray buttons are nice to press, the steam amount slider, is a bit fiddly.. but I've set it to what I want and have left it on that same setting ever since.

The sole plate on this iron seems to make things a lot easier to iron, it glides through my clothes really easily. Has made ironing a lot easier after replacing an iron that was almost 8 years old.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new best friend!, 5 Feb 2014
I used to hate the thought of ironing but this iron makes it so easy. It heats up in seconds and is just the right weight to effortlessly glide over all my different fabrics. My favourite feature is that I can use it to steam the creases out of my dresses while they are hanging up.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does all it promises, 2 Feb 2014
It irons and does that well. It is not too heavy and gives a good shot of stem when needed. It is easy to set to different temperatures and is a nice looking one too. I have had no problems with this and am happy with its performance. the cord length is pretty good too as my last iron had a really short cord which was a pain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be brilliant with a couple of minor alterations, 28 Jan 2014
Replaced my old iron on a whim, having seen this on offer and with my old iron past it's best. On the whole, very happy. It's easy to easy, glides smoothly and produces nice results, plus has a long cord which I find makes it easier to manoeuvre. Haven't used it all that much, so maybe will find more fault with it in time, but so far my only sticking points are that the digital heat counter resets every time the iron is unplugged (as I pretty much only iron cotton it would be useful if this could be preset/favourite/automatic setting - maybe you can do that I just haven't realised yet!) and also the cap where you pour the water into isn't very secure. The water doesn't spill out, but the cap does keep popping open at the tiniest nudge (it's only held closed by a tiny plastic lip/catch sort of thing).

Breville TECHnique VIN274 Digital Steam Iron - 2,400 Watts