on 10 July 2012
Another fantastic work from the superb Michael Jecks - this time a collection of short stories! Clever plotlines, well-drawn characters and an amazing attention to historical detail will keep you enthralled until you reach the last page! It's nice to see our old friends Sir Baldwin and Simon again! Great to see it as an ebook too!
on 24 July 2012
Loved this book of short stories, each one is quite short so good to read when you haven't got much time. An interestingly different view of Baldwin and Simon from the perspective of a third person. More of these please Michael! For the Love of Old Bones - and other stories (Templar Series)
on 24 August 2012
Jecks as good as ever. I hope he will write some more short stories of this nature. Not that there is anything wrong with his full length novels.
Long may he write.
on 25 June 2013
I was not sure about this book when I first bought it, but as I settled down to read it I was sucked in to the stories and could not put it down. Told from a different angle we once again meet Baldwin as he solves more crimes, each of the four stories has a twist to it that I could not see coming.
Buy this book you will not be disappointed, it is a brilliant read.
on 5 October 2012
This is my review from this past summer -- I do not write a synopsis; that is what the publisher does. Suffice it to say that I find Jecks' writing excellent whether it be in short story format or novel format. The historical framework is not contrived but based upon what is known of the sociocultural attitudes, etc. of the time period. The tales he weaves in the historical framework engage the reader both on the intellectual level and the emotional level. While I read these short stories before, it was a joy to read them once again on Kindle. Well, in my opinion, any of Jecks' titles are of a quality that you can enjoy the second or third time around unlike some who you wonder why you bothered the first time. Let me just say that that I believe you will enjoy these short stories if you are a selective and discerning reader. If you have not read the novels, I should think you would then want to after a taste of Jecks in these short stories. Enjoy!!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 February 2013
Brought this for the kindle and couldn't turn the pages quick enough. Michael's done it again, another masterpiece which keeps you guessing until the end. I did get an inkling at times, but wide of the mark when the "who dun it" was revealed. Can't wait for the next in the series.
on 29 July 2013
Another tale from Michael Jecks that romps along at a great pace. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Suspend any thoughts of historical accuracy and just enjoy the story. Another cracker !
on 5 April 2013
Got this when I wanted some short stories. Read it more quickly than I intended and will try the full novels in the Templar series now.
on 17 March 2013
As always an extremely good read. Michael Jecks captured the imagination from the word go and keeps it to the end.
on 13 January 2013
anthother great book from Michael Jecks and am thoroughly enjoying it as I have done with all his other books.