5.0 out of 5 stars Best Queen Related Re-Issue - Ever!
I first bought this album as a 12 year old back in 1988 on cassette. I wore that out. I bought it again on CD when it was issued on Hollywood Records label in the USA on import. I bought it AGAIN when the Freddie Solo Collection 10CD box set came out and I have now bought it again in this Special Edition 4-Disc Set that has, in my mind, made what was an excellent album...
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Variations on Freddie Mercury Pieces
Note - This Review is for Barcelona Special Edition CD Only

As a journalist who has closely followed both Queen and Freddie Mercury's career paths I was extremely eager to hear this new release.

So how do I rate it?

Mixed feelings really.

Even before I had listened to the album I was rather underwhelmed by the artwork...
Published 19 months ago by james

‹ Previous | 113 14 15 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 Mar 2013
Excellent recording, remastering with full orchestra is seamless, unfortunately it was poorly packaged and the case was broken in transit

3.0 out of 5 stars So so, 16 Jan 2013
I ordered this as a present for Christmas on the 12th December 2012. On my 'prime' account. It only arrived on the 15th December. It was not wrapped in a film sleeve. The recipient must have thought I listened to it first. One track (I thinks it's no. 6) is cut short and stops playing before it finishes. Freddie Mercury is, as always, brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusal Record, 8 Dec 2012
Diane Byett "Working Mother" (E.Sussex. UK) - See all my reviews
Not having heard most of the tracks its easy to understand why! The compositions seem rather stereoptyped and repetitive, which is disappointing, but easy to see why 'Barcelona was a great hit. Overall it seems an excercise for Freddie to dream a little.

3.0 out of 5 stars Barcelona, 8 Nov 2012
Freddie Mercury cd, Barcelona. Was a little disappointed, I like a lot of his work but apart from Barcelona I found
it rather boring. I like playing Barcelona at full volume, it cheers me up on a bad day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 7 Sep 2012
This review is from: Barcelona [Special Edition] (Audio CD)
This is a must have for any Queen/Freddie Mercury fan! The full orchestration give the songs new life and they sound absolutely stunning! Nicely packaged as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars WAS IT ALL WORTH IT?, 5 Sep 2012
S. Ditta (uk birmingham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Barcelona [Special Edition] (Audio CD)
OK ALBUM IM NOT SURE IF IT WAS WORTH MAKING REMAKING THIS ALBUM?THE ORIGINAL 88 ALBUM SHOULD OF BEEN ON HERE BUT I BELIVEVE THAT WILL BE RELEASED LATER TO CASH IN ON FREDDIE DAY AGAIN HOW SAD FREDDIES MATES ARE.OVERALL SOUNDS GOOD LITTLE BITS OF LIVE MUSIC HAS BEEN ADDED TO IMPROVE DOES OK ITS WORTH BUYING I GUESS CUZ OF THE REMEASTERING INVOLVED BUT@THE END OF THE DAY WAS IT ALL WORTH IT?

2.0 out of 5 stars DVD video quality is appalling!, 12 Sep 2012
This review is from: Barcelona [Special Edition] (Audio CD)
I can't understand why I have paid so much money and the video quality of the DVD is sooooooo appalling. It seems to be done quickly and without watching it. It's like a bad crappy NTSC VHS copy. Don't they have the original videos? Why the YouTube videos and the so called "documentary" have much better quality than the DVD?

The rest of the Box is not bad, the extras were previously released on the Solo Boxset and the album is not bad, but the original Barcelona album seems to be better than this fully orchestrated remix.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money., 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Barcelona [Special Edition] (Audio CD)
Its a shame that there is so many repeats on this cd and DVD , it seams as though they wanted to fill the CDs up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Present, 26 Nov 2012
M. J. Jenkins "Margaret" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I have ordered this for my husband's Christmas. He loves Queen and after watching a documentary recently about Freddie Mercury thought this would be ideal present. Not tried it yet. It arrived within a couple of days.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapointing, 22 Nov 2012
I love Queen and Freddie, but this CD is pretty low key for me, apart from the Barcelona track I personally thought the rest wasnt upto much

‹ Previous | 113 14 15 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb5a1680c)

Barcelona [Special Edition]
Barcelona [Special Edition] by Montserrat Caballe (Audio CD - 2012)