5.0 out of 5 stars Well thought and and very promising - even for Type 1's
I've just finished the seven day juice cleanse he recommends to kick off this programme and the results were incredible - I am a Type 1 diabetic, and my fasting blood sugars were 9.3 at the start of the week - they were 4.5 by the end. Three days into eating "normally" again, and it's still been 5, 4.7 and 4.9 (in that order).

This book is meticulously well...
Published 22 months ago by Miss N. Ansari

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so much a Program - more a reference book
Published 7 months ago by C. Rundle

5.0 out of 5 stars Well thought and and very promising - even for Type 1's, 10 July 2013

This book is meticulously well thought out and researched - it does go into a lot of detail on the "science" behind why our bodies are reacting the way they are; and some have commented this is too much - but for me the level of detail really helps me understand what's going on in by body, and therefore feel empowered to be able to help it to heal and get better.

I am also very encouraged with the number of Type 1's he's successfully worked with - his numbers are still low (he initially developed the programe for Type 2's) but they're still higher than anyone else I've come across thus far.

I am hugely grateful to Gabriel for dedicating so much of his time to helping people who are affected by this disease - and really do encourage anyone who is seeking to learn more about their condition; and ultimately recover from it, to get this book - it's worth it's weight in gold! (and it's a big book! ;)

**a little note to help if you're planning to do the juice fast as for some reason he doesn't lay this out all that clearly (I suspect he's legally not allowed to - there are so many restrictions around what you can or can't recommend for diabetes is ridiculous - but that's a whole other topic!) anyway - it's four juices a day for type 2's, or four green avocado smoothies for type 1's. Ideally at 8am, 12noon, 3pm and 6pm. The juices should be watered down and should be 500mls. There is a list of what ingredients you can use to vary them on page 423. Hope this helps :)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great revelation, 6 Oct. 2013
For those who consider they might be on the cusp of diabetes type two, suspecting they are currently putting on weight or failing to lose weight because of undiagnosed insulin resistance, this book will save you going into full diabetes type 2 - if you follow its advice, of course.
For others who know they have diabetes, whatever type, this book could save your life - and on the way to saving your life it could save your eyesight, your limbs and kidneys too.
Thoroughly researched, meticulously reasoned and completely persuasive, this book is also easy to get through. It will come as no surprise to those who know, that the nutritional advice in this book is also similar to that given to prevent and cure cancer. The appeal of raw food is somewhat intuitive, but not easy for everyone of us to follow. I have been doing this since I read the book and have felt very different (in a positive way)! Have now purchased a second-hand juicer, have raw salads and when it gets cold, will make soup.
I could not recommend this book highly enough, and the author deserves a medal for accumulating and sharing his knowledge with all of us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good advice for diet, 11 Aug. 2013
This review is from: There Is a Cure for Diabetes, Revised Edition: The 21-Day+ Holistic Recovery Program (Kindle Edition)
I am Type 2 diabetic and vegetarian. The natural eating advice in this book has helped me lose some weight and also reduce my blood sugar count. I do not take medication and try to control the diabetes through diet alone. I don't follow the raw food recipes but just try to eat healthily and it seems to work. The book for me is just a great incentive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 17 Jan. 2014
I am a type 2 diabetic. Just before xmas I had blood readings of 29.8 whilst taking 500 mg of metaformin. On the 27.12.13 I started a high vegetable vegan diet, using the advise of Dr Gabriel Cousens, Dr Joel Fuhrman and Dr Neal Barnard. Yesterday I went for my check up with my diabtetic nurse and my fasting blood sugar was 6.00 and 2 hours after breakfast 8.3. Although I have relaxed a little my numbers still are low (the lowest 5.00). It does work and I hope to be off all medication soon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so much a Program - more a reference book, 3 Oct. 2014
C. Rundle "Chris Rundle" (Wales) - See all my reviews
Although the cover says "The 21-Day+ Holistic Recovery Program", this book actually isn't. What is does provide, however, is a fantastic resource full of scientific facts, figures and vast amounts of compelling research... but it really doesn't tell you how to go about doing this yourself. Lots of great information, but no program details or menu planners. So unless you fancy spending over $11,000 for a month in Arizona at his clinic, the search is still on as far as a definitive "how to" is concerned. Facinating, brilliant, but not what it says on the tin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant densely packed informative book - but reads like a ..., 13 Oct. 2014
Brilliant densely packed informative book - but reads like a medical text - you need to be wide awake when you're reading it ! The Program was a big change for me and took a while to get used to but my health overall is much better - I wasn't diabetic but heading that way if I didn't overhaul my diet and lifestyle. This book helped with all that enormously.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best book for every one to have at home, 12 Aug. 2014
One of the best book for every one to have at home. Food is the medicine thy not medicine is food. Plenty of facts in this book that every one should know. It will make our life dis-ease free without medication. God bless Dr Gabrial Cousens.

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST READ, 3 Aug. 2014
Mrs. M. R. C. Thomas (uk) - See all my reviews
Excellent information as always from Gabriel Cousens. A must read for anyone suffering from diabetes or anyone seriously interested in alternative health.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 17 Oct. 2013
i like it allot, it is very informative from all points of view, i'm very pleased with it, you should buy it if you have diabetes or know someone with this miserable decease.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 May 2015
Fantastic information and great service.