5.0 out of 5 stars Time management is so last year, just get productive!!
As a mum of twins with a full time managerial job in a stressful, time critical workplace and a husband who works shifts it can be difficult to get things done at times, both of us like to think that we are good at time management, whilst accepting that there are loads of time vacuums in our lives (the internet for starters) that can eat precious time up.

With...
Published on 18 Dec. 2012 by FLB

2.0 out of 5 stars Put this book down and do something productive
Anyone organised enough to do all the exercises in this book probably doesn't need it. Its simplistic tone is epitomised by the use of hideous clip-art-style illustrations on every page, which makes it look like an amateur PowerPoint presentation. Is there any quicker way to destroy your credibility and look unprofessional?

As with all such books, the author is...
Published on 28 Nov. 2012 by Patrick Neylan

5.0 out of 5 stars Time management is so last year, just get productive!!, 18 Dec. 2012
FLB (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

With simple exercises (Tribe nourishment and life juice) this book helps you to see how its not just good time management that will help you get things done but being more productive. It sounds a simple enough theory and its something that should be obvious ‘don’t watch the clock, work harder’ The writer explains how you can become more productive by looking at the tasks and helping yourself through them by a simple system, identifying the time drains and removing them and developing a focused mindset.

An excellent book and one that I will reread at least once more to make sure it has sunk in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get Productive - a great book with lots of ideas, get a copy and read it!, 21 Feb. 2013
Mr. S. Vasant (London, England) - See all my reviews
As someone who doesn't read a lot of books I was skeptical about 'another time management' book. How wrong I was, this is a well written, easy to read book, that's accessible by anyone and is written with lots of useful, practical examples that can be used in all areas of your life. Unlike a lot of books it's written from the point of view that you can be productive and still have a life. I even took it on holiday to India and read it, had notes on post it notes inside the book! It travels well :)!

I really like the way the author uses metaphors to explain concepts in a fun and relaxed manner, such as the Work, Play, Relationship Juice exercise, by getting the reader to draw the balance in a drinks carton! Another example is the Emotional Palette exercise using a painter's palette! Describing these concepts in this way really make this book really fun to read! Genius!

I also like how the book is structured and how each section has a workbook area for the read to make notes, reflect and make an input to the exercise.

Since reading this book I have used several exercises and they have made me think of how productive I am and what I need to do next. I like how you can dip in and out of the exercises when you need to.

Buy this book, read it and get productive (that means do things) :) !

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than time management lessons!, 31 Dec. 2012
A. Kwabula (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like the statement about the high cost in terms of time that we pay if we use something that is ovderly complicated. No wonder we all hate devices that are too complicated even if they deliver on there promises. I also like the advise that we need not compare ourselves with other lest we either arogant or damage our self-esteem depending on how favourably we compare ourselves with others. She advises us to use self-awareness, own performance standards as well as our capabilities as best measures of our achievements and how we have spent our time.

I got this book expecting it to be another Time Management book. No time management book has ever helped me. I thought this would be differenet and it turns out to not be a typical time management book. In so many ways it tends to remind me of what I already know but forgottewn or burried in the sub-conscious!

This is a great book on self-development, I just don't personally like most of the excercises, otherwise the book is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, 21 Mar. 2014
I needed help, I had worked as a hospital doctor for 25 years, a job where you don't have to organise your self, the next patient is always waiting outside the clinic, the in-patients are lined up in their beds to be seen on the ward round, or the bleep/pager fills in the rest of your life and tells you what you must do next. Then I became an academic, days were like blank white paper, and I just did not have the habits and skills to be effective.

This book has completely rescued me, I feel a weight has lifted from me, I've jumped from panic to comfort, and from pessimism to optimism in next to no time. The exercises are simple but have clearly been based on a great deal of experience and wisdom, and they work from the go.

Unlike many other books of the genre, this one really works. I totally recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't procrastinate - buy today!, 12 Nov. 2012
Mr. Stephen Redman (York England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In the plethora of similar books this may not be life changing but it does stand out for its simple presentation, its useful array of graphical illustrations and well broken down structure that allows you to go straight to what you want.
The chapters are bite-size and allow you to ponder a single idea at a time, which seems to me to be a superior format to many of the other books in this category.
There is a great emphasis on prioritization and self-coaching to biting some of the silver bullets of organisational importance.
Strongest points in favour: this one book covers the contents of several others and so is good value and it is eminently digestible because of its layout.
The author has put a lot of effort into making this a manageable volume and I will be glad to keep this in my personal library for future use.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Got Productive!, 18 Sept. 2013
I am what I'll call, a 'creative spirit'. I work in a creative industry and I pride myself on it. However, getting ahead for me has meant making the most of my time and getting organised! No mean feat! I started my own business up because I wanted to make more money than I ever have before. I didn't want to work all hours and at the weekends anymore. I wanted to enjoy my life - lots of work but lots of 'me time' too! This book made me realise that I need to be firing on all cylinders to be the very best version of me. Maybe it's getting a bit older but I couldn't dedicate every spare hour to work anymore - I needed more from my life and I needed to be energised. It's the very first lesson in the book. For me that meant, being nutritionally sorted, with lots of sleep and following my personal dreams. I think that's the best thing about this book - there are loads of different exercises to play with. Some will resonate more than others - there are ways to beat procrastination, to get energised and get in the zone. It has applied and I've made a commitment to each area of my life - my health, my wealth, my relationships and generally fulfilling all of the goals that I set myself. It's all about focus and where you put your energy and this book will help you get the very best 'work' out of you, on time, efficiently - all beautifully turned out. It will also help you to see that being the best outside of work will have a profound impact on who you are inside of work! It's a holistic approach to life and I keep referring back to my copy!

4.0 out of 5 stars more than now: get productive!, 25 Aug. 2012
J. DOUGLAS "Johnny Douglas" (Nr London, England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Here are fresh specific tools for change and improvement in what you do, and the way you do it!

Bak-Maier's philosophy is that 'the magic' is within: "Your talents, skills, wisdom, insights and experiences are gifts that you can tap into to enhance your creativity and problem solving..." and this book encourages us to find this through series of self-exploratory questions, resulting in something that is interactive, dynamic and proactive.

Skimming the pages may make you smile but participating within the pages just might change your life. A thoroughly enjoyable and practical guide to setting targets and achieving their completion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get productive and be in control., 23 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Get Productive!: Boosting Your Productivity And Getting Things Done (Kindle Edition)
A few years ago I changed job. The new post was extremely exciting and what I really wanted to do but I was feeling overwhelmed by the challenges it presented and was wondering if I had made the right choice. Since following the ideas in this book I have managed to get back in control and now relish those challenges ahead. Initially I was skeptical about doing the little exercises at the end of each chapter, preferring to generally just read through the book. However, by spending some time doing these exercises you begin to see what is truly important to you and how you can achieve what you really want. The diamond, gold, lead exercise was particularly useful to see what was making me too busy and stopping me achieving the more important goals. Since following these ideas I have managed to be far more productive at work and actually have more time off. A rare win-win!
Some reviewers comment that the ideas and concepts are all quite simple. I agree it is not rocket science or brain surgery. However, that misses the point; this book aims to help you make those small changes so that you can achieve your own true potential and so if you are a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon you will be become a better one.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't manage time, so get more productive!, 14 Feb. 2013
Sassy "Newton Reviews" (Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In her book, Get Productive! Author, Magdalena Bak-Maier shows us how to boost our productivity and get things done - now!

With the help of 36 tips (written as chapters, plit into 5 sections)and a new way of looking at generating positive results, you'll learn to develop a focused mindset for continuous productivity and ultimate success.

Managing time is a bit of a misdemeanour, it can't be done! What we can do, however, is make the most of the time available to us by incorporating new strategies for maximum effectiveness to become more creative, flexible and resilient with our time and getting things done.

I found I read the book in one sitting and then kept picking it up and dipping into the chapters, which discussed the areas I wanted to improve upon straight away. I also took this book to work and used some of the techniques there, too.

If you want to be more productive then this book supplied me with a great deal of new ideas that I'd recommend could make a difference to your life. I feel like I've been given a fresh start and now have a greater awareness of my potential and resourcefulness to give me that boost to get on with it and Get Productive!

5.0 out of 5 stars Practice, useful, and clear., 20 April 2014
I had the great pleasure of being in a session run by Bak-Maier when part of a team based at Imperial College, London. I was the most junior member of the team in years and academic experienced. It was the first time I had been part of a group applying for a large grant. She really helped me to operate in what was an unfamiliar milieu.

This is Bak-Maier's strength in my experience: to quickly and efficiently assess a situation, identify obstacles, and help you find ways to surmount them. This book does just that for so many areas of productivity (working but not getting anywhere, not feeling good enough, making time count, and so forth). It is a supremely useful resource for professionals of all kinds and I recommend it highly.