on 22 January 2015
This is a bitterly disappointing purchase. The product I received is well under sized. The item is listed as A4 Cover Folder.

Nothing A4 fits into the wrapper. Indeed it is not possible to put a plain piece of A4 paper into either of side pouches. This fact has been noted before by other customers. You would think that the importers would read comments and act accordingly. If the A4 folder was made just a touch bigger all would be well and I would be very happy. The quality is as you would expect.

PLEASE do take this as a warning and avoid the disappointment of a buying a product which is not fit for purpose intended.
on 11 September 2015
This suits the purpose for which I bought it (to give a more solid appearance to a 40 page paperback A4 book to be used in a stage play). If I was buying it to hold a larger notebook I would probably have requested a refund because there is no way it would be big enough.

I will echo a number of other reviewers' observations that the smell is quite overpowering. It's almost a chemical smell rather than natural. Quite what they used to kill the goat is beyond me. Napalm? Hopefully it will wear off. The build quality is reasonable but not great. I like the colour, which is slightly less orangey than the picture.

What really did bug me though is the 2 inch x 2 inch logo stitched on the inside of the cover. Firstly, it's crooked. Secondly it's got stains all over it. Thirdly it's not removable. Fourthly it sticks out like a sore thumb against the darker leather. Finally it is not shown in the photos in the product listing, which is bad form. It completely cheapens what otherwise is a stylish product and if I had seen it at the time there is no way I would have considered buying it. Not at this price, anyway. Maybe £10. Just horrible!

I would have given two stars but in fairness it is not right to say I don't like it. Overall it's OK - it's just that dreadful cloth logo (and the fact that it wasn't shown in the photographs).
on 19 April 2015
The quality is abysmal, and don't get me started on the smell.

I buy most of my leather goods from Aspinal of London, Pickett, and Jean Rousseau. I adour all things natural no matter the price. I needed something particularly rugged and hardy. This product is poorly made, the structure uneven, the leather's patterned appearance unappealing. It looks as though the animal they took this skin from was tortured. The smell happens to be the worsed aspect of this product. It smells a mixture of manure, dead animal, and rotting skin. Simply awful.

I would have been better off buying faux leather than this. Absolutely terrible.
on 12 January 2015
My first review was: Perfect item. Highest quality. The company should make slightly bigger wrappers to fit around bigger writing pads or slim folders. Given the fact that most of these items looks simply atrocious the way you get them in the shops there would be a market for that. That was some weeks ago. Now I ordered two more of the covers. What I got - this time directly from India - did not fit on anything A4. They did not send me a cover for A5 items by mistake. It is just not well made. The cover is about 1.5cm too small. They don't seem to have any kind of fixed sizes for these things. The items are completely useless, total waste of money.
on 13 May 2015
This is a really beautiful leather A4 cover. The only thing I'd say to potential buyers is don't do what I did and buy a notebook that has pages that are A4 once ripped off the spiral binding as they're too big - I bought a PukkaPad Jotta and it's too big. Love the cover, thanks!!
on 4 January 2016
I was searching for a leather cover for a present for Christmas. This one had good reviews at a reasonable price, so I took the plunge and ordered it despite a couple of reviews complaining that it was too small to fit A4 paper.

I'm glad that I did. It's beautiful, just the right size and does everything it needs to - cover up a grotty notebook to make it look a hundred times better. All the notebooks the recipient has tried so far have fit perfectly and it doesn't smell too much, unlike some other leather products I've bought in the past. It's a bit stiff at the moment but will definitely become more supple with continued use.

I'm love it and am admittedly jealous that I didn't buy it for myself. When looking for leather products in the future, I will come to Gusti Leder first.
on 15 July 2013
This didn't close properly around a hardback, A4 spiral bound book. Returned for a full refund with no issues. Well made however and clearly not a heavily processed leather.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 April 2015
A nice case but yes it's too small. It needs to be a 1/2 inch bigger at least to get A4 paper easily inside.
I needed it for a theatre show so it was okay but for practical use you should perhaps think again.
Sad because it is very nicely made.
on 22 December 2015
as always I love products from Gusti Leder studio I have at least 10 of their items from a large doctor's travel back, several book covers, a laptop bag pencil case, a pencil / pen case, a cigar holder and a tobacco pouch ordered. I love the smell of the leather and the handcrafted uniqueness of each item.
on 27 May 2015
Looks amazing. Was giving an incredibly specific description of a dream birthday gift for a colleague and this 100% fit the bill. Great quality and craftmanship. Impressive value for money. My friend keeps a full a4 lined notepad in it for meetings and loves it.