Published 2 months ago by pen

2.0 out of 5 stars Unsuitable for hardback pads
This didn't close properly around a hardback, A4 spiral bound book. Returned for a full refund with no issues. Well made however and clearly not a heavily processed leather.
Published 17 months ago by Jim T

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very impressed with the quality and "unique" look of the leather. worth the extra., 3 Oct 2014
This review is from: Gusti Genuine Leather Wrapper Cover Folder A4 File Portfolio Pad P5 (Office Product)
if you are waivering over the extra 10 pounds this item costs verses an Office World item, then just buy it. the item took about 6 days to arrive and other than totally stinking of fresh leather for a fortnight i cant fault it. it is very distinctive and i get lots of compliments about it in meetings when the other chaps pull out dull black faux-esque House of Fraser versions (thiers are no doubt real leather but looks awful).
i use standard Staples A4 lined inserts and they fit perfectly, any tighter and id struggle to get it in, any looser and it would fall out.
i know that one of colleagues ordered one for hubbys birthday present.
anyway, point being and all gushing aside this is a great product from what appears to be a small German family company.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a thing of beauty and luxury, 10 Oct 2014
What an absolutely gorgeous cover. It took a little bit of squeezing to get my A4 hardback Moleskine notebook into it (nothing too difficult, just a minute or two of edging in either side) and it looks absolutely stunning. It feels like some ancient tome. The leather feels top quality and the cover itself manages to maintain its handmade look while staying well made.
As for the smell; has nobody ever *smelled* leather before?! It's nothing particularly overpowering as some would have you believe - I actually rather like it. Nothing more than a good pair of leather shoes would give off for a few days.
I shall definitely be buying more stuff from Gusti in the (near) future. Order placed to door in less than 24 hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Making supermarket pads stylish, 28 May 2014
I recently purchased a tan leather satchel and I didn't want to let down the look by pulling out a cheap supermarket A4 pad. I go through a lot of paper though and therefore it doesn't make sense to buy expensive pads. I knew a better idea would be to simply cover them.

I searched online and couldn't find anything to fit the job until I found this. The nearest things I could find were by designer labels and I don't believe that they offer any extra quality.

I'm very happy with this purchase. It makes my pads look very classy (always receive compliments when people see it) and the quality is good. Some pads are a bit of a tight fit but they usually go in (and I'm sure I'll find the perfect one in the future) and stay there without being too loose.

Other reviews have referred to an unusual smell and indeed there is one - it is rather...agricultural. However, it does fade after a few days and you will no longer notice it. (Initially it seemed quite strong and I could smell it when I was close but now I can only smell it if I physically put my nose to it). Nobody else will notice and I can no longer smell it in my bag either.

5.0 out of 5 stars I can now study in style!, 21 July 2014
Mrs. L. Evans - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This leather wrapper has the look and feel of a luxury product; and whilst not exactly cheap is good value for money.

As a mature OU student I use a lot of A4 spiral notebooks (bought from Amazon) and this wrapper fits them really well and looks like one of those expensive leather journals with the handmade cotton leaves.

For me, this Gusti Folder makes studying that little bit more pleasurable.

4.0 out of 5 stars This Is a nice authentic earthy leather paper notepad cover, 16 Oct 2014
This Is a nice authentic earthy leather paper notepad cover. You can fit one thick pad or a slimmer pad with a one spare if you prefer the slimmer pads. Would make a lovely gift for either a male or female friend or the boss at work.They'll think you spent a lot of money on them so you may score some brownie points as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart Piece of Kit, 19 Nov 2014
Honestly, when I initially got this I was disappointed: It smelled bad, was exactly a4 size (so hard to fit a4 sheets in) and had an ugly 'MADE IN INDIA' label badly sewed on the inside.

With use, however, I've come to love it. The smell is now much more neutral and pleasant, you learn how to fit everything in neatly and I cut the label out (I don't mind where it's made, just expect labels to be hidden).

Works well for work, studies and travel. Pretty smart all round.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 26 Jun 2014
It was a really lovely product, made of real leather with a great finish.
It was just a pity that it was not suited to my needs, but otherwise I would highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic product and a real treat., 5 Mar 2014
Ms Holland "Tracy" (England) - See all my reviews
I am absolutely delighted with this, it is well made and unique. The leather is soft and feels lovely and it has a timeless, classic appearance. This is the fifth item I've bought from Gusti Leather and I will definitely buy more. I highly recommend it; it's a real treat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, 11 Jan 2014
It met my expectations!It has a distinctive scent, perhaps probably because it's made of goatskin. the seller is great and answered all my questions before I bought this product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unsuitable for hardback pads, 15 July 2013