5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case! (magnet issue has been resolved)
I bought this case direct from Poetic a few weeks ago and i cannot be happier with it. Firstly i can confirm that the issue with the the magnet has been resolved. I leave my case in the folded back position almost all the time and the screen has never gone to sleep.

Published on 22 Aug 2012 by Graham

2.0 out of 5 stars Magnets do NOT work properly!
Published 21 months ago by mark

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case! (magnet issue has been resolved), 22 Aug 2012
This review is from: Poetic HardBack Protective Case for The Google Nexus 7 7 Inch Tablet Black/Gray(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic) (Personal Computers)

One of the main reasons i bought this is the lack of material around the bezel. This case has just six points of contact on the bezel, one on each corner and one about a third of the way down both sides. I have never had any issues with it being lose or falling out.

The handstrap is another feature which i was looking for and i am glad i bought a case with it. It gives you much more flexibility in the way you can hold the tablet, not just sliding your hole hand in to the strap but you can grip the strap with a couple of fingers or even just a thumb will do because the Nexus 7 is so light.

The material used on the case seems of a very good quality, especially when you factor in the price. It is has a soft feel all round with the fake leather on the outside having some thin padding underneath it and the smooth suade like material covering the inside, it is very comfortable to hold.

All in all i could'nt be more pleased with my purchase and can highly reccomend this case for all Tablet owners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Poetic Hardback case for Google Nexus 7, 25 Nov 2012
I bought my husband a Nexus 7 for his birthday in November and decided it would be good to have a Hardback protective cover for it. Researched and found the Poetic one. A few negative comments on site about magnets and such like, but thought it seemed like a good buy. I am very pleased to say that my husband has had no problems at all with it, so assume that magnet problem has been sorted. He also said that the hand strap is very useful when travelling on the train and using the Nexus, so does not slip out of his hand. He does not actually use the elastic strap as it does not seem necessary, but it seems firm enough, but probably with constant use would break eventually, but then nothing lasts forever. All in all, from a girl who does not really know much about Tablets etc. a really good buy and I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best available, 15 Nov 2012
Robert Macrowan (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
Got this to replace the original case I had purchased for my Nexus 7. This one is so much better, less bulk and better viewing angle for movies. Looks well made and the price is great, cheaper than on the Amazon US site which makes a change. Auto on/off works fine no problems case works in all modes. It also comes with a 3 year warranty so highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, 10 Nov 2012
This is a beautiful case which has a quality feel and does not significantly add to the size of the device, allowing it to fit in my pocket. I had a problem with the sleep function on my original case and Poetic UK sent me a new case, which has been problem free. On the original case the sleep problem was intermittent and I noticed that if I had been using the device on the horizontal stand position, when I clicked the nexus back into the case, the sleep function worked. After opening and closing the case several times, the sleep function stopped working as the nexus bedded more deeply into the case. The distance involved was only a few milimeters so I put a rubber band round the bottom two catches and the problem was solved. Highly recommended

2.0 out of 5 stars Magnets do NOT work properly!, 6 Nov 2012
Having spent a lot of time reading reviews about the different covers that are available I thought this was the one for me. Most of the reviews seemed positive regarding the magnet situation and the problem seemed to be solved. Not my one though! Received it yesterday and while the quality is excellent and just what I was looking for, the magnet issue has ruined it. Every time I fold back the cover it turns off my Nexus. It seems like it's a bit of a lottery whether you receive one that works properly or not.

2.0 out of 5 stars Magnet issue NOT solved !, 5 Nov 2012
The case is good overall but the magnet issue is still there ! Now I will have to contact whoever to get this solved. Waste of time and energy (and money?)

I don't understand comments saying the magnet issue is gone when it is not...

Let's see what happens.

5.0 out of 5 stars great case, 4 Oct 2012
Mr. Stephen Cooper (UK) - See all my reviews
Looked high & low for case & glad I bought this one it feels like it is really protecting my device and the hand strap on back is ideal

1.0 out of 5 stars Magnet turns off nexus when reading it, 2 Oct 2012
When the cover flap is folded behind the Nexus 7 it turns off the Nexus 7. The description stated that this has been fixed, but it appears it is either incorrect or they are sending out faulty ones. I therefore cannot recommend buying this since it is very frustrating to use and I feel that I have wasted my money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good case but magnet issue has NOT been resolved, 27 Oct 2012
When the case is fully opened it turns the device off making it very frustrating to use. If Poetic sorts this out the case will be great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Very well made I would recommend to anyone!