4.0 out of 5 stars Shoqbox SB730 review, 30 Aug 2012
This review is from: Philips SHOQBOX Wireless Portable Speaker SB730/05 - Bluetooth - Black with Silver Ends (Electronics)
I went for this after a previous order for a jambox failed to materialise.

After the jambox (Small one) failed to arrive I checked out the options for a bluetooth speaker in the shops where I could compare the alternatives. The shoqbox had only just arrived, but the one they had in the shop was the SB7100 which has about half the power of the SB7300. Anyhow I tried them out with my phone connected by bluetooth to the speakers. The SB7100 seemed to have more power than the jambox, and the buy in the shop who was a good guy offered his opinion that it sounded better - it was the first time he'd heard it.

So, onto the internet and found the SB7300 for not too much more than its weaker sibling and bought it.

I'm no expert but ror it's size it's pretty amazing sound wise, it will easily fill a medium sized room, I never get up to anywhere near full volume.

Another feature which I find useful is the bluetooth motion sensor. Other reviewers have described this as a bit of a gimmick but I find it very handy. I use the speaker mainly in the kitchen or outside whilst the media player, ipad or smartphone, are in a different room. Using the motion sensor on the speaker I'm able to go to the previous track or the next track or pause play without having to go get the media player.

Bluetooth Connection to both the ipad and samsung Galaxy S2 has always been very very easy.

I would definitely recommend it for performance and price. It's far better sound quality than the jambox and around the same price. Compared to the BOSE bluetooth portable speaker it's about half the price and you'd have to be really into this sort of thing to distinguish between then on sound quality. The size of the shoqbox SB7300 means it's very very portable also, it's a fair bit smaller than the BOSE speaker and you can stand it up vertically giving a smaller footprint and more flexibility.

Great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain on Amazon, 23 Oct 2012
Charles Wells "Lord Giveth" (London UK) - See all my reviews
Great little bluetooth speaker at a bargain price currently on Amazon. I would't pay full price but then I wouldn't by a Bose either as far too pricey for what you get. What do you get with the Shoqbox? A good sized portable speaker, decently loud with a warm rich sound and perfect for travel. The Bluetooth connects easily and the speaker tells you when you have connected and even how much battery power you have left. I do think that some reviewers of Bluetooth portable speakers imagine that these tiny speakers should somehow compare favourably to full sized speakers in volume and sound quality - they dont! However if you are looking for a portable speaker that sounds great given the size and more importantly costs about £100, then the Shoqbox is for you.