Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£4.95

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 8 January 2013
The instruments may be "traditional" but the attitude and production values are bang up to date. This is a 5 track ep/minialbum that showcases all that is good about modern Scottish folk music. If anything I would say that the title track is the weakest on the disc, not that it's bad, it's just that it has a bit more discordance about it and doesn't flow like my personal favourite January Man. Nevertheless this is still head and shoulders above most of what passes as music nowadays (argh, that's the sort of thing my dad used to say)
on 12 April 2013
Karine Polwart has to be one of the very best singer-songwriters around today and this collaboration with the fabulous Lau is inspired. The best wee cd I have bought for a long time.
on 22 March 2014
Love Karine Polwart, brilliant voice.
This collaboration with Lau blends her voice with that of Kris Drever perfectly.
Their version of 'January Man' is one of the best I have heard, similar to the Unthanks version but none the worse for that.
The song 'Lord Yester', written by Roy Williams of The Corries is lovely, evocative of the original version.
A good CD.
on 29 December 2014
Wow!! ----a new artist for me ------a great cd -----what lovely vocals.
on 13 September 2015
Brilliant cd and pleased with service, many thanks
on 8 July 2013
This is Ok but lacks any single great song or tune to hang the rest around and sounds a bit like 'out-takes' from other sessions each may have been working on to me. All the usual ingredients are here: great playing and tone, good singing voices but it all feels a little lacking in 'spice' or real purpose/direction to me.
Personally, i would rather listen to the Child ballads all day, every day instead!
on 15 April 2013
I was expecting an album. but this is only an EP with a few tracks so I am a little surprised still good though.