5.0 out of 5 stars pleasantly surprised!
Ignore the fact that there a few grammar and spelling mistakes these do not detract from the storyline or the book itself.

Published on 15 Aug 2012 by Angela C Anthony

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read :)
I have just finished reading the book today so I thought I'd leave the review while it was still fresh in my mind.

Published on 28 July 2012 by A C

5.0 out of 5 stars pleasantly surprised!, 15 Aug 2012
Angela C Anthony (Wolverhampton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhapsody (The Seraphic Chronicles Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

I am not a fan of Sci-Fi but I defy anyone to read this book and not enjoy an amazing journey of a 16 year old girl in her trials and tribulations to avenge her parents' death at the hands of the drug cartel. To be amazed at the trials of "The Quad" that bring out the full potential of this young girl turning her into a woman who can achieve her goals. Read as she takes on pirates in space, drug cartels and the corrupt within Star Command.

Then grow with her as her relationship develops with the boy next door and the boy at school, how she overcomes her prejudices of people from other planets, learning their ways, but most of all overcoming the hatred she faces for becoming "A Quad"

A thoroughly enjoyable book and I can't wait for the follow-up. I think you will be surprised how much you enjoy this book I know that I certainly was

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read :), 28 July 2012
This review is from: Rhapsody (The Seraphic Chronicles Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

The book starts off slow introducing all the characters and building up the setting. It takes a good 20% of the book (on the kindle) before the pace picks up and the action starts and then it really gathers pace as it weaves between different worlds and the trails that the main character has to do (the first trail is brutal).

I enjoyed the book and got into all the characters and would recommend it to those who have read starwars/star trek novels and enjoyed them as there are themes in the book that you would recognise (though under a different name).

As for negatives - the one thing that I noticed was that there was a grammar error, missing/ wrong word or spelling mistake ever few pages and as an English teacher it just jumped out at me (too much marking homework:). However it did not detract from the story at all and I did enjoy the book.

I look forward to Kingmaker :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh, dear., 14 July 2012
This review is from: Rhapsody (The Seraphic Chronicles Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I was tempted to obtain this until I read the preview and quickly decided the book could do with an immediate rewrite before the author gains an unwanted reputation.

As with far too many eBooks, formatting is dreadful and shows a lack of understanding, both in the way conversion of text for presentation on Kindles works, and in the conventions used over decades by publishers who know the business and reader expectations.

The grammar is even worse, let alone some of the spelling. (Despite what commercial publishers may think, 'anymore' is two words, not one, for example.) The author needs to get hold of a book like 'Hart's Rules' (available from Amazon) to discover how the English language works, particularly when it comes to commas and apostrophes.

All in all, the preview smacks of someone desperate to see their name in print without considering the formalities of writing and publishing, which should never be ignored. It's such a shame.

I would also suggest renaming characters with more acceptable (and easy to assimilate) names rather than the current ones which are an immediate turn-off because reading will be halted every time the reader comes across one.

Finally, as a first novel, I'd also strongly suggest reducing the length of the story, and avoiding long paragraphs as much as possible. Keep it short, learn from your mistakes, and treat your potential readers with respect. With hard work and luck, your second attempt will be more acceptable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 Aug 2012
Mrs. M. S. Atkinson "chigoboo" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhapsody (Paperback)
Fantastic adventure, with characters you just grow to love. I have never read a science fiction novel and was unsure I would enjoy all the space talk. But the exhilarating adventure keeps you hooked, desperate to know what happens next.
The story follows a young girl, Ejjina, who embarks on a big adventure to become a Quad member. Her best friend journeys along with her, helping her along her trials, despite his dislike of the Quad. You see their relationship change and they become closer, but will they ever become a romantic couple?!
I defiantely recommend a read and am looking forward to the sequel.