on 14 July 2013
This is a must-have product because it's surprising how often I go out only realising at the last moment that my phone is almost out of charge and this lets me charge up once I have left home! Also, the wire is retractable - the most important thing about this product - I wouldn't want an untidy curly wire littering up the footwell. Wouldn't be without it. Thoroughly recommend it.
on 19 January 2014
...tidy little unit that does away with straggly leads in the car when not in use (the lead retracts into the body).

Mind you, with the way the S4 seems to gobble up battery life, the lead will probably spend most of it's life extended. In this respect though it's also good, as I don't need surplus lead causing a clutter.

10-month update. It's been working fine, used every week. Unfortunately, while allowing my 4-year old Grandson to "sit" in the front of the car while waiting for passengers, it "got broked Grandad" under a little foot.

I've had no hesitation to order another identical one.
on 16 November 2013
I needed a car charger for my phone quite urgently and this is perfect. my gear stick is quite near to the cigarette button but this charger doesn't get in the way at all and works perfectly.
on 6 April 2013
This retractable charger is exactly what everybody should be having,no more clumsy tangly curly wires to mess with,just extends to as long as you want+rewinds with no fuss at all. Also does not get hot so no chance of over-heating. A*****all the way. Thankyou
on 28 November 2013
This charger is extremely handy and the retractable cord is a brilliant feature, it does get a little warm but is great for a quick recharge on the go
on 24 November 2013
Does exactly what it is supposed to at a great price.
Works well and fits neatly with the retractable cable.
on 4 October 2014
I ordered this to charge my phone whilst it is sitting in it's car cradle, and specifically wanted something where the charging cable would not interfere with the steering wheel or handbrake. This does the job perfectly, and because it is retractable it packs away in my glove box really well. You just have to watch out for the cable lashing you when it retracts as it does come back at quite a speed.

Unfortunately I've had to update my previous review because after four weeks of use the charger just stopped working. As other reviewers have stated, the red light still comes on but it does not charge the phone. One day it worked, the next it didn't! Because of this, and because it happened at a really inconvenient time navigating to a place I didn't know so needed my phone's nav, I have downgraded my original 5* rating to a 1* rating. Very disappointed in this product!
on 24 November 2015
Not impressed by this at all. The idea is great as it combines 2 product into one but the execution is not good. The cable is far too thin therefore cannot provide enough current/voltage to charge the phone while it is in use when using it for navigation, so it does not charge the phone. Also when not using the phone it charges very slowly again because of the thin cable. In the end I gave up on this and bought them separately with a standard thickness cable.
on 26 September 2014
Used the charger once for about 10 minutes and it stopped working. I am not pleased with the product at all and have sent it back.
on 24 June 2014
Bought this for my elderly father who always seems to forget to put his phone on charge overnight every night, thus leading to flat battery when going out in the car the following day.

The Fosmon Retractable Car Charger has solved the problem, it fits neatly into the cigarette/in-car charger socket quickly and easily, and is as simple as plug-and-play with the phone. The retractable cord, with lock-unlock button, is a brilliant idea and keeps everything out of the way while driving and the unit itself is small enough to fit in the glove-box out of the way when unneeded..

One slight niggle, the mini-USB is small (as is the corresponding socket on the phone :) ) and if your eyesight is not 100%, or your fingers are not as agile as you would like, you may have to 'practice' a bit to get the two to fit together in the beginning; especially if you have a cover on the phone.

Overall very happy, safe in the knowledge that my father always has a charged phone with him, just in case!