5.0 out of 5 stars Great Performance
I bought this router to provide wireless for my phone, tablet and laptop in my student accommodation room which is LAN only.
It took literally 5 mins to set up, it is consistent, reliable and pumps out a fast connection.
For only £15 which router is just amazing, perfect for anyone who wants WiFi without having to pay too much for it.
Plus this is the first...
Published on 15 Feb. 2013 by Tim

2.0 out of 5 stars Invest in something better
Published 16 months ago by Mala Sadik

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Performance, 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: TP-LINK TL-WR720N 150Mbps Wireless N Cable Router (Personal Computers)
Plus this is the first time I've set up a wireless network and I can tell you that it was so easy due to the instructions on the supplied disk, anyone could do it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price, 23 April 2013
Mr. John L. Haynes "infinidim" (Fareham, UK) - See all my reviews
I needed a router to provide coverage in a part of the house that didn't get coverage from my main ISP's router and this one just fitted the bill well. It actually responds quicker than my main ISP's router.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 1 Jan. 2014
Works very well, needed to reach parts of the house the standard wi-fi router could not reach and its great.
One tip for setting it up which was not immediately obvious to me, at least.
You need to connect it directly to your main computer and router so you can do the initial setup, then take it and position it where you need your wi-fi extended to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up + works well., 13 Jan. 2014
My home's wireless doesn't reach to my bedroom, which used to be fine because i use a computer and run an ethernet to it, but after buying an iPad Mini i found it inconevient to have to leave my room and go downstairs to use it.

Thats where the "TP-Link TL-WR720N 150Mbps Wireless N Cable Router" came in. It was dispatched very quickly and arrived within 3 days.

It came with a setup CD and was easy to set up, I plugged the ethernet from my homes router into this product, then an ethernet to my PC (it has 2 ethernet out ports which is great). 5 Minutes later i had my own wirless network just for my bedroom and i can now fully enjoy my iPad.

I would highly reccomend this product, don't waste money on a 'better' brand when this works just fine.

It's not meant to cover a whole house so don't complain about the range, it would be good for an aprtment or Uni dorm room.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good!, 16 Jan. 2014
Only needed a router to work in a small room for mobile devices so this seemed ideal. Cheapest I could find by a long shot. Received this morning and was fully working within a matter of minutes of opening the box. Great value, especially with 3 yr warranty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect dorm room Wifi router, 3 Sept. 2013
I bought this wifi router for my dorm room as it had a slick design and a cheap price. I must say I do not regret it at all.

After a week of intensive use I can say it didn't crash on me once. The lack of an antenna does limit its range but this is not a problem if you're only looking forward to cover 1 or 2 consecutive rooms.

The presence of LAN connections is also great as you don't have to choose between only wireless or only wired as opposed to what happens in some of the other cheap offerings in this area.

Setup was quick and fast and the administration console is very intuitive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 22 Oct. 2013
MoonStar (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace my old 54mbps Netgear router and it's just marvelous. Webpages now load quickly and completely. It's also such a handsome little device. I'd definitely recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 11 Jun. 2014
Great, cheap little wifi box. Even though its not advertised for this, the range is massive considering no antenna. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little router for the price, 20 Jan. 2013
I can't comment on how the router performs as a home router, doing all your wireless networking duties, but i bought this to use as a pseudo wireless card for my Raspberry Pi. Setup from the box took all of five minutes. I set the router to WDS mode, connected to my wireless network, disabled DHCP and wireless SSID broadcast and that was it. Granted its not the greatest distance from my router but it certainly has managed everything i've asked of it so far, streaming movies at a consistent 1.5Mb/s.

Anecdotal speed testing gives throughput at a steady 5.5Mb/s (in windows file transfer dialogue) which is around half that of my laptops wifi card, but for £13 is that really your primary concern? Its far superior than any 11g router i've used, and would be quicker if it wasn't in WDS mode, so think of it as a budget way to get 11n in your home - most laptops are, most ISP supplied routers aren't.

Top marks from me, and i'll be getting another.

2.0 out of 5 stars Invest in something better, 31 Mar. 2014
I use this for wifi and it sometimes just stops connecting to the network and I have to turn it on and off again so it will connect back which can cause problems if you're downloading something or are doing something that requires a constant connection, it works fine otherwise. I usually have to restart it 2 or 3 times a day, which can be annoying. I recommend you spend a bit more and get something else