5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price
I needed a router to provide coverage in a part of the house that didn't get coverage from my main ISP's router and this one just fitted the bill well. It actually responds quicker than my main ISP's router.
Published 15 months ago by Mr. John L. Haynes

2.0 out of 5 stars not too bad considering the price
Published 7 months ago by Fedor

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price, 23 April 2013
Mr. John L. Haynes "infinidim" (Fareham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TP-Link TL-WR720N 150Mbps Wireless N Cable Router (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little router for the price, 20 Jan 2013
I can't comment on how the router performs as a home router, doing all your wireless networking duties, but i bought this to use as a pseudo wireless card for my Raspberry Pi. Setup from the box took all of five minutes. I set the router to WDS mode, connected to my wireless network, disabled DHCP and wireless SSID broadcast and that was it. Granted its not the greatest distance from my router but it certainly has managed everything i've asked of it so far, streaming movies at a consistent 1.5Mb/s.

Anecdotal speed testing gives throughput at a steady 5.5Mb/s (in windows file transfer dialogue) which is around half that of my laptops wifi card, but for 13 is that really your primary concern? Its far superior than any 11g router i've used, and would be quicker if it wasn't in WDS mode, so think of it as a budget way to get 11n in your home - most laptops are, most ISP supplied routers aren't.

Top marks from me, and i'll be getting another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Performance, 15 Feb 2013
I bought this router to provide wireless for my phone, tablet and laptop in my student accommodation room which is LAN only.
It took literally 5 mins to set up, it is consistent, reliable and pumps out a fast connection.
For only 15 which router is just amazing, perfect for anyone who wants WiFi without having to pay too much for it.
Plus this is the first time I've set up a wireless network and I can tell you that it was so easy due to the instructions on the supplied disk, anyone could do it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, cheap wireless router, 26 Mar 2014
Purchased this as I was getting sick of wireless dropouts with my ISP provided Huawei HG533. I would get wireless dropouts and freezes just sat in the same room as it and also horrendous range even after tweaking advanced settings. I only needed a router to cover one room and it was failing on that.

Plugged this into my Fibre modem and within minutes I was browsing the web. Easiest setup I have ever experienced! Good wireless speeds testing at 70mb from my 76mb connection, no wireless freezing, range is good but nothing to blow you away. Settings are easy to access and change, very light and smaller than I thought it would be. The router also looks quite nice when sat on the desk. The wired ethernet switch also works fine, played xbox for a few hours online with no lag or disconnections. Also watched some online streaming through my TV box which worked perfectly.

I was skeptical due to its cheap price but its doing the job so far. If you want a all singing all dancing wireless router to cover a large area its probably not the one but it fits my needs perfectly.

Also just to clarify this router WILL work fine with any UK fibre connection e.g. BT Infinity, Sky or TalkTalk Fibre as well as Virgin Media. It will also work with ADSL connections provided you are connecting to to an ADSL modem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant producr, terrific value., 15 May 2014
K. A. Williams (UK) - See all my reviews
Purchased this router to replace my Belkin, which has served me well but now needed to upgrade to the faster "n" spec.
Arrived very well packaged and was up and running in about 15 minutes. I connected it to my PlusNet modem/router and entered a few parameters from the excellent web menu (rather than use the "easy set up" on the included CD.
The configuration options are very comprehensive and well documented. Compared to the cost of similar wireless routers, it is an absolute bargain. Now been running for about a week, no problems.

2.0 out of 5 stars not too bad considering the price, 30 Nov 2013
I was trying to set it up as a wireless access point for my student accommodation, but It was not easy to set up... even with help from two of my IP technicians!! but it did work eventually. The router is smaller than it looks, and the range is not really great to be honest. It works fine in the room obviously, but it does not reach my kitchen even though its not really far from my room so thats a bit disappointing. Perhaps you should consider buying something with an antenna.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not that simple...., 28 April 2014
P. Dunn "exbagger" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
The instructions say you need 2 ethernet cables to connect it to the base router/modem if you want to use it as a booster for an otherwise unreachable room. Which is not much use if you've already run 1 cable and it's also a waste of cable. However, their tech support was quite fast at suggesting how to set it up with 2 cables (best done with the 2 routers next to each other) then put it on the end of the remote cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up + works well., 13 Jan 2014
My home's wireless doesn't reach to my bedroom, which used to be fine because i use a computer and run an ethernet to it, but after buying an iPad Mini i found it inconevient to have to leave my room and go downstairs to use it.

Thats where the "TP-Link TL-WR720N 150Mbps Wireless N Cable Router" came in. It was dispatched very quickly and arrived within 3 days.

It came with a setup CD and was easy to set up, I plugged the ethernet from my homes router into this product, then an ethernet to my PC (it has 2 ethernet out ports which is great). 5 Minutes later i had my own wirless network just for my bedroom and i can now fully enjoy my iPad.

I would highly reccomend this product, don't waste money on a 'better' brand when this works just fine.

It's not meant to cover a whole house so don't complain about the range, it would be good for an aprtment or Uni dorm room.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 1 Jan 2014
Works very well, needed to reach parts of the house the standard wi-fi router could not reach and its great.
One tip for setting it up which was not immediately obvious to me, at least.
You need to connect it directly to your main computer and router so you can do the initial setup, then take it and position it where you need your wi-fi extended to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 22 Oct 2013
MoonStar (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace my old 54mbps Netgear router and it's just marvelous. Webpages now load quickly and completely. It's also such a handsome little device. I'd definitely recommend it.

TP-Link TL-WR720N 150Mbps Wireless N Cable Router