5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one you want for your Android device
I bought this to use with my Nexus 7 tablet running Jelly Bean 4.2.1. I'd previously tried the Cerulian Mini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad and iPhone but there were several symbols I couldn't get from that keyboard, so I carried on looking. I'm glad I found the Periboard-804 as it fits the bill nicely.

The keyboard measures a little over 10" by a...
Published 20 months ago by Mr. G. Knight

3.0 out of 5 stars Perixx 804 keyboard
I like it, but... It's somehow smaller than I expected. I like the fact the keys don't bounce. I think the character markings on they keys will disappear one day - but only time may prove me wrong. The battery expires after about 2 weeks. I'm already search for another, more competent replacement. MrsD, a keyboard trained person doesn't like it
Published 19 months ago by Very Hardly

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one you want for your Android device, 9 Jan 2013
Mr. G. Knight (London, England) - See all my reviews

The keyboard measures a little over 10" by a little over 5" and came in a thin plastic wrapper inside the cardboard box. There was no soft case as reported by other reviewers. The layout is almost the same as my PC keyboard, complete with Windows Start Menu and Context Menu keys. There is a small set of arrow keys at the bottom-right that are a little fiddly but that become easier to use in time. These keys sit beneath the right-hand shift key which is about 3 times the size of the left-hand shift key. All of the keys are large enough for me to touch-type at a speed that I would guess to be in excess of 60 wpm. The more I use it, the more I expect to get closer to my average typing speed.

In the box with the keyboard is a small 20-page booklet, the first 7 pages of which are aimed at English speakers. These pages show pictures and diagrams of the keyboard, a list of what the function keys do under iOS, a list of what the function keys do in Windows, and a few pages on how to charge the keyboard (via the included USB cable in a suitable socket such as your PC) and get the keyboard connected to your Bluetooth device.

To sum up the Bluetooth pairing process, you get your device (iOS device, Android phone or tablet, Windows or Mac PC, or whatever) to actively search for new Bluetooth devices. You then switch the keyboard on using the on/off switch on the bottom, and use a sharp implement (a paper clip is ideal) to push the tiny button recessed button on the bottom of the keyboard. When the keyboard shows up in the available devices list on your tablet, phone, PC or whatever, you select it and you'll be given a PIN code. You type this code on the keyboard and press Enter and the keyboard will then be paired to the device and ready to use. At this point, it's advisable to switch your device's Bluetooth detection back to 'Paired devices only'.

To get it working with my Nexus 7, I downloaded and installed the External Keyboard Helper Demo app from the Google Play Store. Once the keyboard was paired with the tablet, I went into the Language and Input section of the tablet's Settings, and selected External Keyboard Helper. The keyboard then gave me the correct symbols that appeared on the keys. Prior to this the tablet appeared to be expecting a US keyboard.

From then on, every time I want to use the keyboard, I switch on the tablet's Bluetooth then switch on the keyboard and tap the 'Bluetooth keyboard' entry in the paired devices list and select 'External Keyboard Helper' from the 'Choose input method' dialog that pops up. I can also get the dialog to pop up by pressing Enter on the keyboard. When I've finished using the keyboard, I just switch off the keyboard and a dialog pops up on the Nexus 7 from where I select a virtual keyboard input (e.g. Android keyboard, Swype, Hacker's Keyboard). After this, I remember to switch off the tablet's Bluetooth.

So, it's that simple. If you've got an Android device, install Keyboard Helper Pro (you might as well get the Pro version but if you're not sure, try the Demo version first), turn on the device's BT, pair up the keyboard, and from then on it's plain sailing.

You can experiment with the keyboard to see which keys work with various apps but for now remember that the arrow keys and Enter work as you'd expect, the Esc key works as a Back key, and the Ctrl and Shift keys work as you'd expect for text selection.

THE KEYBOARD WITH WINDOWS 7

I have one of those tiny Bluetooth modules that plugs into a USB port. I plugged it in, waited until Windows had installed the driver, then turned on the keyboard. I clicked the Bluetooth icon in the task bar and selected 'Show Bluetooth devices' then clicked 'Add a device'. I then pressed the pairing button on the bottom of the keyboard and it showed up in the list of available devices as 'Bluetooth Keyboard'. I clicked that icon and got a 'connecting to device' message followed by an 8-digit PIN which I entered onto the BT keyboard. After about 10 seconds while Windows thought about it, I could use Alt+C on the BT keyboard to close the dialog. I also went to the Devices and Printers section of Control Panel to confirm that the keyboard was listed and shown as available. From then on I could use either keyboard to type on. Switching off the Bluetooth keyboard disconnected it but left it paired. From then on all I have to do is plug the Bluetooth module into a USB port and switch on the Bluetooth keyboard and wait a few seconds until the keyboard is useable. For now, I'll carry on using my regular PC keyboard, but it's nice to know that I have the choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Android with an App, 11 Aug 2012
Got the keyboard.. really impressed. I am using it with my Nexus 7 Tablet and here are a few notes that might help others.. I looked at more expensive ones but thought I would try a cheap one first (on offer at £19.99).

It has an internal battery so needs charging using a standard microUSB charger, which also means it is quite slim. I like this but some might want the option to change the batteries

The keyboard layout is English (UK) which I can't select on the Nexus 7. However, the app "External Keyboard Helper Pro" from the market will enable you to do this. So now it works correctly (£, @ etc.. on the right keys)

In use it works well, travel of keys is small but enough, it paired first time and the "function" keys work with Android (volume, settings, search etc..) I have not used it enough to test battery life yet.

4 Stars as I needed to check battery life and I need the extra app, though arguably that's an android thing. I will be getting a second for my daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Robust Compact Keyboard!, 11 Dec 2013
Overview.
Ideal when you've got a longer email/document to compose or notes to take but don't want to breakout the OTG cable, USB Hub, USB Keyboard and Mouse.

In service.
Pros:
Durable - travels in my rucksack with folders, clipboard, etc.
Compact size - slightly bigger than the Nexus 7 but not too small you can't effectively type.
Battery life seems to be excellent (it's never run out on me before I've finished typing)
Cons:
Very occasionally the Bluetooth connection can be a bit hit and miss. Twice in 2 months, I've had to unpair and re-pair the device in order to re-establish a connection.

NOTE: If using Android/Linux/Windows OS on your tablet then make sure you order the black one (Windows Stylee) and not the white one (Apple Stylee).

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good little keyboard, 17 July 2012
I bought this keyboard to use with my iphone and ipad because typing long emails or other messages (This review was done using it on my iphone) on the onscreen keyboards was driving me up the wall. This keyboard had good reviews for the US version, so I thought I'd give the UK version a go. I'm glad I did.

The keyboard is not much wider than my ipad in landscape mode, is well built and uses the same chicklet type keys as you get on Macbooks. I can easily sit it on my knee and type quite comfortably. The UK version has all the keys on the right places, including the £ key. The only ones which seem to be wrong on IOS are the (Alt+2 works) and # (Alt+3 works ), but this is not a huge problem. The FN key and the Function keys are shortcuts for volume, search etc.. and work well. It's just a shame you can't navigate apps on the homescreen using the arrow keys, but that is Apple's fault.

The KB comes with a small basic pouch and a USB cable for charging. It was really easy to setup too. Highly recommended! Hopefully my laptop will be even more obsolete now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, excellent action, stylish, 6 May 2014
Very glad I bought this. It works with my microsoft and android devices. UK layout, so no wondering where some of the characters are supposed to be for my UK setup. Word to the wise - remember to switch it off when you're not using it. If it bumps about in your daily carry with something pressing keys, you could drain the battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 23 Jan 2014
Mr. M. Eisenhuth "evil monkey" (kent, UK) - See all my reviews
Have been using this keyboard for a while now and there is nothing bad to say about it. Connects well to my android tablet and works like a charm. Charging is fast and the little LEDs on the keyboard help to know if it's connected or when it's charged.
For the price this is truly excellent. Worth buying!!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: Perixx PERIBOARD-804i UK, Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard - Silver/White - 261x129x9mm Portable Size - Compatible with iPhone - iPad - iPad Mini - Nexus - Galaxy Tab - S3 - Note - UK Layout (Big Enter) (Accessory)
the only thing wrong with this is that it sits flat on the table and would have been better if angled a little, but aside from that this is perfect and works a treat. I'm going to buy another one to replace another keyboard i bought for similar use for another of my phones / devices as those have a lot of things about them that I find annoying where this one rises above them all in quality and use. perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars Tick. VG., 7 Nov 2013
There's not a lot I can say about this keyboard, other than it works. It works with Android, OS X and Windows perfectly.
Personally I use it for my desktop, but my father used it with his MacBook Pro and I've also used it with my Nexus 7 and HTC One V.

Charging with the same cable as my phone/tablet's really handy as I always have one lying around when needed. It's small enough to be portable, yet big enough to use every day (with a little practice).

I can't recommend highly enough. Perixx may be a cheap company on the most part, but this is a well built and well thought out product. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent keyboard for Kindle Fire HD, 8 Jan 2013
J. Grant - See all my reviews
Bought this to go with my Kindle Fire HD and the Perixx 804 works perfectly. The size is just right... small enough to be easily portable yet big enough to be fully functional and useable. The keyboard has a UK setup printed on the keys yet, when you type, the keys actually work as if it were a US layout. In effect this means that the " and @ signs are swapped and there is no £ sign (# instead). There are ways around this (namely the External Keyboard Helper app) but this is slightly complicated by the fact that the app is not available in the Amazon UK app store. Anyway, even with this slight inversion of keys, the keyboard is still a great tool. The bluetooth connects easily with the KFHD and the signal has never dropped out for me. All in all this is an excellent keyboard and very good value for money. I'd recommend it without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Periboard wth Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5, 29 Aug 2014
Mr. William Barnett "wbarnett66" (Edith Weston, Rutland) - See all my reviews
After reading previous reviews I purchased this item. There seems to be some debate if this keyboard is QWERTY or not. If you order the 804i UK it definitely is. The only thing I can see that is different to my computer keyboard is the @ and " could be swapped over.Both keyboards have $ and £ and keys.

This is an excellent product much like the Apple in appearance. It's very easy to pair with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5.
I have no hesitation at all in recommending the Periboard 804i UK. Hope this helps.