on 5 March 2014
Does exactly what it says on the box:)

Twin pack of identical smoke alarms includes batteries so no need to buy them separately

I bought these because I was fed up of the one in the kitchen going off at the slightest hint of smoke or steam from cooking

Lo and behold I can now do my toast for breakfast without annoying the neighbours

Very competitive price for 2 alarms and Fireangel came highly recommended

I am so pleased I bought these and would also recommend them
I bought the twin pack as it works out cheaper than buying two individual alarms and the pack does include the two alarms plus the fittings required for securing them to your ceiling. I thought I might have gone a bit safety mad since having my son and expecting our second child later this year what with installing alarms in all of the bedrooms, hall etc (I say me installing them but I admit it has been my poor hubby!) but I feel a lot better having read on the packaging that this is actually recommended. I would rather spend a few pounds and be safe than God forbid have a fire and regret not having spent those few pounds on extra alarms. We already have a couple of FireAngel toast proof alarms in the hall but I wanted the extra security of ensuring that the kids bedrooms and ours also have them fitted and as the FireAngel alarms we already have are so good I immediately turned to their brand again.
The alarms have a button in the middle that you can press to test them and also press this to turn off the alarm if it goes off whilst cooking etc which does happen as despite being toast proof and the majority of cooking fumes proof, they are no match for when something burns or emits a lot of steam/smoke. However having had other brands of smoke alarm in the past I do find that they do ignore a lot of the minor cooking fumes that would have set another brand off a lot of the time.
When the battery runs low the alarm starts to sound an extremely annoying chirping noise every few seconds which trust me makes you change the battery straight away to get rid of the annoying sound! The top cover of the alarm is really simple to twist off and on when replacing a battery and so much less fiddly than some other brands we have had in the past.
Thankfully and fingers crossed we never have a fire but I feel so much better knowing that we will get an early warning should we be unlucky.

Fireangel SO-601 Toast Proof Optical Smoke Alarm
on 1 December 2013
Just as required. High quality and easy to fit. Recommended. There are robust and well designed good service to on delivery
on 10 July 2014
All good so far. Arrived earlier than expected and really easy to set up so can't complain at all.
on 9 October 2014
We needed these for our pretty large bungalow we have just moved into, and hopefully as they are toast proof we shall not get any false alarms from them.
Easy to fit and unobtrusive being fairly small, pleased with the purchase and the price, arrived within the time scale quoted, early in fact, well packaged and undamaged, allways a bonus, a good buy.
on 7 December 2014
After a couple of months and lots of toast made not very far away, no false alrms.
Then again, we haven't actually tried them with something more than burnt toast...
Seriously though. If they are as good as the Fireangel smoke detectors we have been using elsewhere in the house for the last 7 years, it should be money well spent.
on 25 November 2013
I love these bad boys, up in 2mins and look great. nothing better than knowing your family are safe from a fire at 2am in the morning. will sleep much better now knowing i now have 5 fire alarms........lol.....
on 16 February 2014
Yes these are very good smoke alarms that work well, but the colour is horrible and mucky looking.

Not very pleasing to the eye when looking up at the ceiling, they look very old and grubby!
on 28 June 2015
These are a purchase well worth getting, affordable yet essential for your home.

Easy to fit with a large stop button to hit if they ever go off, thankfully mine yet hasn't !
on 1 August 2014
A must for all homes. Needed as free fire service ones are not with battery replacement. Fast delivery, reasonably priced,easy to fit, battery can be changed when needed.