5.0 out of 5 stars Run free with Brave!!
Published on 23 July 2012 by Horatio Guttersnipe

3.0 out of 5 stars A great soundtrack
Having enjoyed the atmospheric music in this movie, it didn't take long to decide to download the MP3 Album. Both of us have the album on our phones and I have one track as my alarm. Love it!
Published 22 months ago by Alison Edie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Run free with Brave!!, 23 July 2012
This review is from: Brave (Audio CD)
Patrick Doyle has composed wonderful and imaginative scores before and Brave is exemplary in his achievements, this has to be one of Walt Disney records more accomplished recordings of late and you can tell Doyle has had a great deal of creative freedom to express his love for the project! The score moves from joyful buoyant Scottish melodies to mystical and grand dramatic storytelling landscapes. You can't help but be moved by this soundtrack because for anyone who knows the highlands of Scotland, there is a real sense that musically we are transported to the fresh airy vastness of this spiritual land and be reminded of how the film captured the feel of Brave's world. The songs "Touch the Sky" and "Into the Open Air" sung by Julie Fowlis naturally, with no effort echo our heroes spiritual journey perfectly and "Learn Me Right" sung by Mumford and Sons and Birdy feels fresh and rich to the ears, even Mumford said how refreshing they found it performing with an orchestra fuelling added passion, to what is a brilliantly joyful and profound song. This is a wonderful summer recording to dream away too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, 22 Feb 2013
This review is from: Brave (Audio CD)
Loved the film - loved the music. A good buy to remind of this brilliant film. A good one to listen to with a wee dram.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Brave (Audio CD)
We had the dvd and loved the music, my son always sang along to it so we thought it would be a ideal present for my son.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, soul stirring sounds., 24 Mar 2014
emma (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brave (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (MP3 Download)
So wonderful. Giving the songs, lyrics and composition a great recording and being evocative of the wonders and delights of the Scottish highlands.
If you enjoyed the film then this is a must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Brave", 5 Feb 2013
Mr. John Holt (Nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brave (Audio CD)
I am a great fan of animated films of this qualtiy and I love Celtic music, so this was a sure thing as far as I am concerned. Brilliant! A very high rate of outstanding cast, too! It couldn't go wrong!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent soundtrack, 7 Jan 2013
This review is from: Brave (Audio CD)
'Brave' is a magnificent! I was bought this CD as a gift as I enjoy listening to film soundtracks and this was a little different to anything else I had. This score is so evocative that in rather a reverse scenario I want to see the film based on my opinion of the soundtrack, rather than wanting to buy the soundtrack because I liked the film.

I can honestly say there is not a track on this CD that I do not like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 25 Oct 2012
Miss J. Delaney "Josie D" (Bolton, Lancashire Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brave (Audio CD)
This sound track brings back great memories from my childhood and holidays spent in scotland and ireland. The music is so uplifting and makes you want to sing loudly, tap your feet/hands and dance if you can. Sadly I can't because of health reasons but in no way does that take away from pure joy I get when listening to the CD. I strongly recommend you buy it and try it for yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big surprise, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: Brave (Audio CD)
This Cd is more than just another Disney soundtrack. It is quite a surprise, and not at all the typical sweet Disney stuff we heard the last years. The album stays close to the atmosphere and cultural and geographical background of the movie. The music is enchanting, enjoyable to listen to for both young and old.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous!, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Brave (Audio CD)
Children love it and love singing along to the songs. Well worth the money. Makes nice background music as well

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Brave (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (MP3 Download)
I just love songs, the music, the whole arrangement I think is very beautiful. I loved the film, so no surprise I'd love the music. On this album as with most soundtracks there is variety of music and songs. I would recommend this to anyone, and in my opinion make a good pressie for kids too. I'm just a big kid of 60+

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›