4.0 out of 5 stars Hot Hero
I don't know what it is about Claudy Conn's work, I always feel that I don't (or shouldn't) like it, but then go on to have a thoroughly enjoyable read.

Published 21 months ago by Toodles Book Club

1.0 out of 5 stars Hero needs treatment for his sexual dysfunction
Published on 23 Mar. 2013 by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Hot Hero, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Taffeta & Hotspur (Kindle Edition)

I think it may be that sometimes they feel a little research light, and it's sometimes possible to find etiquette errors, or little details that just a little uncomfortable, but can be overlooked in the context of the whole work.

It was the same with the offering - which I confess I'd read before on my Mother's Kindle.

Taffeta came across as a perky, full of the right stuff and game for a laugh heroine. Although her brother and uncle felt a little wet for my taste.

The Hotspur created the impression of being just that hot and dark .... just the way I like them.

Giving it a bit of consideration I think this particular guilty pleasure should be rated 4 stars.

I have also included a list of errors/bug bears on my blog post #367.

4.0 out of 5 stars good but predictable, 27 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Taffeta & Hotspur (Kindle Edition)
good book. it is predictable.a few twists and turns, proper womans book, good chick film this would make, well written.

4.0 out of 5 stars Adored this love story!, 10 Feb. 2013
Dawn Sullivan (Boston, Mass USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Taffeta & Hotspur (Kindle Edition)
Claudy Conn's regency tales are always refreshing reads. You can always expect your needs fulfilled.

This one was very enjoyable. I love regency-historical romances with a paranormal twist to them.

Claudy always manages to capture the time period so well you get transported back in time. The clothes, events, details and manners always amaze me. I find it all very exciting. Its one of my all time favorite genres and that is why I enjoy Claudy's books with a passion.

This storyline was so realistic. The mystery and suspense really keeps you turning the pages to see what happens next.

I can't get enough of Claudy's characters. The are unforgettable and stay with me. This story line flowed perfectly.

Taffata and Tarrant suited each other. The emotion and passion they shared makes this love story a keeper. Its a must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 6 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Taffeta & Hotspur (Kindle Edition)
This was a quick but thrilling read. I did still have some questions that weren't answered, but they did not detract from leaving me feeling that the story was complete. I so enjoyed that this wasn't your typical romance where they fall in love, get in a fight, and then make up. Conn skipped over the petty fight that lasts a ridiculously short amount of time and just gave us a beautiful story of two people falling in love even when their minds tried to stop them.

Taffy is such a fun character. Her relationship with her brother and uncle remind me of the relationship I have with my sisters - three headstrong people who fight for what they know is right and leave a trail of laughs behind them.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hero needs treatment for his sexual dysfunction, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Taffeta & Hotspur (Kindle Edition)
Getting past the fact the heroine is named after expensive woven fabric.... Not a normal regency practise. The fact that the hero (with his medieval nickname... Never quite explained) gets a 'hard on' ( a phrase not used until 1885) is really irrational. Frankly for a man nearing thirty he should be heading to the nearest doctor for help... Plus regency fashions were quite fitted so how no one notices I don't know. The uncle could not have been a guardian as he was a minor for most of the guardianship.... If you are going to write a historical novel do some research. It was free and I read these books because I read a lot and better regency books add up when you can read them in a day.. But the book is more tarty women and hot erection and the writer may have better directed themselves to erotica...

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your everyday Regency, 14 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Taffeta & Hotspur (Kindle Edition)
A fun read, I loved the action in this story. The main characters Hotspur (Thurston) and Taffy seem to butt heads but as always there is that underlying attraction. I will say I'm glad he is known as Hotspur, because sad to say the brain of my youth only thinks of Thurston Howell the 3rd when I hear that name. He is definitely not anything like that Thurston. As always you never go wrong with Claudy Conn

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
great read

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Taffeta & Hotspur (Kindle Edition)
Really great having a bit of physic in it.
Great read plus the romance was explicit.
Kept my attention through out - could not put it down

4.0 out of 5 stars Taffeta & Hotspur, 17 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Taffeta & Hotspur (Kindle Edition)
This book is set in the regency period, England, and centres around the Lady Taffeta, her brother and her uncle. They are all roughly of age (the boys 21 ish) and Taffy is just about to hit 18 and make her debut in London for her first season.

She is introduced to Hotspur during a visit to a friend nearby her home in Grantham and is attracted but thinks he's a bit of a boor. At 28 and cynical, Hotspur keeps telling himself that Taffeta is not for him.

Claudy Conn writes some fantastic heroines and heros but I'm afraid in this book, the brother and the uncle are just a bit too naive and wet behind the ears to really do much to the story. There are other supporting characters which are of interest though.

On the whole, this is a very enjoyable, light read and as some of the loose ends haven't yet been tied up, could quite easily be part of a series (I'm not sure if it actually already is or not).

4.0 out of 5 stars Taffeta & Hotspur, 14 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Taffeta & Hotspur (Kindle Edition)
Was quite a good holiday read. Not always necessary to have such explicit sexual descriptions, but that was may personal vie.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›