Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 22 December 2013
My first Chris Ryan book. Really enjoyed it. Well written. Good detail to paint a picture in your mind as to what was happening. Will be reading more of his work.
You generally know what you're getting in for with a Chris Ryan book, and this was much of the same. Plenty of action, twists and turns, people dying, then not dying, then maybe dying.
"I'm a massive Special Forces fan and this guy is up there with Andy Mcnabb, Conrad Jones and Stephen leather."
on 19 October 2012
This book hardly warrants the term, because it's so short, it's more like a few chapters than a novel. The small print on the details says 88 pages and it took me less than three hours to read, so be mindful of the price.

It seems that this is some attempt to tie into the Medal Of Honor games series, although there's no explanation of how or why, other than a seemingly out-of-place forward by someone at EA. As to the story, there's no real character development, not a whole lot in the way of plot and while engaging enough, does seem to be a padded out narrative of your typical MoH mission. Having said that, what was there was enjoyable, so long as you approach it as a short-story and not a novel.

Ironically, a full third of the Kindle version is given over to preview chapters of Ryan's new book: Osama!
on 2 January 2014
half of the book is an into to Osama (Chris Ryan) not a bad read but a very short short story...not worth a penny
on 6 December 2012
If you want a quick read then this is it. No depth just straight into the action - which to be fair was pacey and held me for a while. I have avoided reading this authors books for three years or more - I think I can wait longer before trying again. So, two stars for comic book action. If this is what you like then go for it - but beware, it is very short.
on 28 June 2013
As has been mentioned before this is avery short and apparently has some tie in to the gaming series, although it doesn't really seem relevant. The story starts well. The problem is it just finishes as you're getting into it. It's like the first 2 chapters of a decent Chris Ryan book. not worth buying in my opinion.
on 19 August 2015
At the most 1 star! It's a short story too which was unaware of! Has the detail you expect but it's boring so very very boring! Predictable and lazy writing a huge disappointment from Ryan's usual writing!
on 30 January 2016
I normally like Chris Ryan books. This is rubbish.

This is not really a book, in the sense I understand it. It's a pointless marketing exercise for a multiple console game, a game which my son's inform me is 's#-%!.

And that's how it reads, like listening to a mildly autistic teenage gamer recount his session in monotone. I have to listen to enough gamer stuff, about better games tbh.

The one good thing is its short. The reading ends at 70%, there's pages of game footage images (I grew out of picture books quite a few years ago!!) The only redeeming feature is an extract from Osama, a Chris Ryan book that is worth reading.
on 6 February 2013
Written so well in the 'first person' perspective of two strong main characters.
Although a work of fiction, realistic in its narration and reflects well the pressures of deployment in Afghanistan - if the author has not been there he has at least researched well and spoken to people who have.
Some great examples of cause/effect and class barriers that can be created in the rank system of the British Army and how pride combined with failing to see anothers viewpoint can lead to such drastic outcomes.
The issues with font and punctuation must now have been rectified as I had no such problems - unless, it was just myself not noticing them!!
on 22 May 2013
A solid short story with decent action but way overpriced.

I felt ripped off, should have been under £1.00, I want some of my money back! ...
on 28 September 2014
too short and quick to be a good book, couldn't immerse myself in to the story and the font size really irritated me.